Results 1 to 15 of 15

F.a.s.t. 92/92 combo/header power?

This is a discussion on F.a.s.t. 92/92 combo/header power? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; LT headers are here!!!! FAST combo is on the way!!!!! Exhaust shop scheduled for Wednesday next week. What kind of ...

  1. #1
    Member joedude02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Goose Creek, SC
    Age
    36
    Posts
    349

    Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

    F.a.s.t. 92/92 combo/header power?

    LT headers are here!!!! FAST combo is on the way!!!!! Exhaust shop scheduled for Wednesday next week. What kind of power gains should i really expect from the FAST combo, LT headers with true duals? I know I'll need to get my tuner to hook up and correct the changes before I get the real power to be had from all this.

  2. #2
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    well you are stock cammed ...so your gains from the fast wont be great...but at least if you do decide to get cammed ..you will be all set.

  3. #3
    Member joedude02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Goose Creek, SC
    Age
    36
    Posts
    349

    Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

    don't plan on a cam with this engine, just alot of spray. my intentions of this build will result with a LS2 cammed out.

  4. #4
    Member joedude02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Goose Creek, SC
    Age
    36
    Posts
    349

    Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

    anyone got a good idea as to what kind of power i should expect from all this?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    coon rapids, MN
    Age
    52
    Posts
    404

    red
    2000TA

    maybe 30 hp.

  6. #6
    Member joedude02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Goose Creek, SC
    Age
    36
    Posts
    349

    Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

    "if" i were to go with a cam after this, how big could i go? potential 400hp?

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    coon rapids, MN
    Age
    52
    Posts
    404

    red
    2000TA

    gears, stall ,suspension upgrades,maf ?a cam ties all the pieces together to make them work to their full potential.look at a cam request sheet from compcam to see what all determins the correct cam.with the mods you mentioned ,you are at 350 rwhp.you need 50 rwhp more.look at cam kits from TSP,EPS,and a few other.take your time read all the forums and figure out who knows cams.you need more than a TSP 228r cam kit.

  8. #8
    Member joedude02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Goose Creek, SC
    Age
    36
    Posts
    349

    Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

    2800 stall, 4.11 gears/moser 12 bolt, solid motor mounts, underdrive pulleys, modified/polished maf. "if" a cam comes in the playing field i was thinking ms3/or 4?

  9. #9
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by joedude02 View Post
    2800 stall, 4.11 gears/moser 12 bolt, solid motor mounts, underdrive pulleys, modified/polished maf. "if" a cam comes in the playing field i was thinking ms3/or 4?
    why such a small stall ? i am curious..you have 4.11 gears..then on top of that you have a small stall..if i am not mistaken...higher gears with a smaller stall is needed for FI.
    Last edited by shady milkman; 03-28-2010 at 01:40 PM.

  10. #10
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    why such a small stall ? i am curious..you have 4.11 gears..then on top of that you have a small stall..if i am not mistaken...lower gears with a smaller stall is needed for FI.
    I think you mixed up high versus low gearing?

    I think he wants a HIGHER gear...like a 373. Lower would be 456. At least that's how I understand lower versus higher on gearing.

    A higher gear will result in you being able to be in the power band longer with FI.

  11. #11
    Member joedude02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Goose Creek, SC
    Age
    36
    Posts
    349

    Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    why such a small stall ? i am curious..you have 4.11 gears..then on top of that you have a small stall..if i am not mistaken...lower gears with a smaller stall is needed for FI.
    1/8 mile and street setup. stall was a guess and kinda wished i would've went 3400/3600, but i need to figure out the head flow with the cam to get it in the right power curve. still scratching my head on this.

  12. #12
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I think you mixed up high versus low gearing?

    I think he wants a HIGHER gear...like a 373. Lower would be 456. At least that's how I understand lower versus higher on gearing.

    A higher gear will result in you being able to be in the power band longer with FI.
    Jesus..my bad..let me correct my post..I always mix those up if I don't pay attention

  13. #13
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by joedude02 View Post
    1/8 mile and street setup. stall was a guess and kinda wished i would've went 3400/3600, but i need to figure out the head flow with the cam to get it in the right power curve. still scratching my head on this.
    Alright...the low stall threw me off. Good luck on your research.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    1

    Pewter
    '01 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by garygnu65 View Post
    gears, stall ,suspension upgrades,maf ?a cam ties all the pieces together to make them work to their full potential.look at a cam request sheet from compcam to see what all determins the correct cam.with the mods you mentioned ,you are at 350 rwhp.you need 50 rwhp more.look at cam kits from TSP,EPS,and a few other.take your time read all the forums and figure out who knows cams.you need more than a TSP 228r cam kit.
    I've seen people with full bolt ons, full exhaust, hit 400rwhp with a 228r.

    I think a VRX4 or Torquer v2/3 would definitely do the trick for 400.

    EDIT: Just remembered he was an auto. Still, definitely possible. But more likely with a manual.

  15. #15
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    Jesus..my bad..let me correct my post..I always mix those up if I don't pay attention
    Haha, I knew you of all people knew better as you're one of the more knowledgeable people on here It happens to the best of us

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bbk shorty header/ ory combo + other parts
    By Ramairgod84 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-13-2009, 08:57 PM
  2. Replace header gasket or Heads/Cam combo
    By Transam7777 in forum General Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 06:28 PM
  3. header and exhaust combo?
    By jbb6811 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 11:41 AM
  4. Best Header Combo for LS1 F-bodies MM6 Vert
    By 7camaro7 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 10:51 AM
  5. Whats the best Header and Y-pipe combo
    By Flood in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 10:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •