Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Exhausts loudest to quietest

This is a discussion on Exhausts loudest to quietest within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by BashamWS6 like stated earlier...ORY vs Catted... LTs vs shorties vs Stockers When I said full exhaust I ...

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    like stated earlier...ORY vs Catted... LTs vs shorties vs Stockers
    When I said full exhaust I meant LT's, not shorties or stock manifolds.

Not my car, but this is the setup I have on mine. Its called a luos 40 series. Pretty much a modified flowmaster.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auCBYBZ4V-k[/ame]
    Last edited by Mike0202; 11-12-2010 at 05:31 PM.

2001 Trans Am WS6

About the SLP dual/dual setup, are you talking about the loudmouth? All I can find from SLP are the Loudmouth and Loudmouth 2.

I have no idea what is currently on my car, but it's freaking loud as hell. I'm looking for something just a bit louder then stock that doesn't cost a grand. I like a mean growl, but don't want to be deafened by it.

Nope. The SLP Dual/Dual was a factory applied option from SLP on SS camaro's and Firehawks. It uses a specifically made transverse muffler with a welded stainless steel casing, 3 inch I-pipe and 2 1/2 inch tailpipes with Dual/Dual tips (hence the name). This system was also offered "over the counter" years ago, but has been discontinued for many years now.

The only SLP systems now sold are the Loudmouth and Loudmouth II as you have found. Completely different with it's inline bullet style muffler and no transverse muffler at all. They use the exact same tips as the factory Dual/Dual setups did, which is probably why people get them mixed up all the time.

Black
    2000 WS6

I have LM2s and they can get loud at times but, it's more of a resonance issue.
    Only around 2300 rpm do they resonate in the cabin.
    At idle, start up and WOT they sound like Heaven...
    Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.'
    -Nowhereman

I made this thread a while ago but now I think LM1+LT's+ORY is pretty much the loudest thing out there besides open headers.

Navy Blue
    Chevrolet Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    I made this thread a while ago but now I think LM1+LT's+ORY is pretty much the loudest thing out there besides open headers.
    That's what I have and love it! I shame all cars no bikes though! Lol

Black
    2000 WS6

I'm willing to bet that when I fire off my FLSTF, you won't even hear much of a peep out of any street car.
    127 cu. with 158 HP in two cylinders.. LOL
    Something wonderful about carrying the front tire on a 750 pound bike with a 220 pound rider on it..
    The RB pro pipe sets off car alarms all the way down main street.
    They know when I come into town before I get there... LOL

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I was sent a text today from a friend. He asked if I was cruising in town. I replied yeah, why, where are you? He said...that thing is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. He owns a Harley with a custom exhaust.

I found out he was at Speedway getting something when I just cruised by. According to him, the Procharger is louder than my exhaust, and I have LT's/ORY/LMII

Blue
    2002-WS6

Loudmouth takes the cake for me as the loudest, i had it on the car when i bought it with long tubes and a y pipe with no cats, way to loud for 4:30 in the morning when i leave for work, i put a factory muffler on there and it was too quiet, so i put a single chamber flowmaster and it was almost as bad as the loud mouth, the only time these 2 sound good are around 6500 rpm, lol. i changed it all out for a 3 inch magnaflow cat back with resonators and tips, now its not loud enough, aaaarrrgghh, i guess i'm just never happy, lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information