Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Exhausts loudest to quietest

This is a discussion on Exhausts loudest to quietest within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by RyanJM Slp also makes the powerflo which I have close to a magnaflow.as far as loud since ...

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Slp also makes the powerflo which I have close to a magnaflow.as far as loud since it has 3 mufflers. Deep at idle and cruising and wakes up at wot especially from 4 to 6k, can wait to hear it with the ms3 cam when I get it back.
    Alight ill put it on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by 02_slp_ss View Post
    has any1 ever heard of spin tech on here!?!?! they sound really good IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by azkass View Post
    Nice muffler...I was going to put those on my car but went with the bullets instead. IMO Spin tech sound great at low idle but at WOT very loud and raspy.
    It depends on the system in front of the muffler. With small single 3 inch piping it seems to make just about any muffler raspy short of using a bullet.

We used a Spintech muffler on the 4" Mufflex system and it wasn't raspy at all. Later switched to the Flowmaster 4" muffler in place of the spintech and really couldn't tell much of a difference. At the time they were the only 2 mufflers available for the Mufflex setup, now I think they offer a couple more.

loudmouth = NASCAR
    corsa = classic 60s muscle
    flowmaster = loudmouth thru earplugs

Read today. I laughed.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

gotta love the m6 and a loudmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    gotta love the m6 and a loudmouth.
    Is it possible to weld in a lm1 resonator in place of the muffler on a stock catback? I know it would look like a mess but would it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Is it possible to weld in a lm1 resonator in place of the muffler on a stock catback? I know it would look like a mess but would it work?
    Well, on a stock system you have the transverse muffler, which is also where the dual rear tailpipes originate from. To remove that and install a loudmouth resonator you would have to eliminate one of the rear tailpipes.

If you look at a loudmouth system (I had one) the resonator is mounted inline of the I-pipe just before the rearend,,,,and the dual tailpipes come from a "Y" junction just after the rearend housing. It's all piping after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Well, on a stock system you have the transverse muffler, which is also where the dual rear tailpipes originate from. To remove that and install a loudmouth resonator you would have to eliminate one of the rear tailpipes.

If you look at a loudmouth system (I had one) the resonator is mounted inline of the I-pipe just before the rearend,,,,and the dual tailpipes come from a "Y" junction just after the rearend housing. It's all piping after that.
    So it would pretty much look like a hack job? I am not planning on doing it I was just curious if it could be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    So it would pretty much look like a hack job? I am not planning on doing it I was just curious if it could be done.
    Ya, I personally think it would look hacked. I good fabricator could do a nice job, but you still end up with a single tailpipe. That seems to bother some people.

The mufflex system I mentioned earlier uses a single 4 inch tailpipe, but it's tucked up under the car to the point where it looks like the car doesn't have any tailpipes at all anyway. It didn't bother me. You could probably do the same fabbing up the bullet on the stock system and just hide the tailpipe in the same fassion, tucking it up in the driver side quarter panel with a small turndown, you'd never see it.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Actually if you nhad the LM1 mounted after tthe ypipe where it belongs, and where the factory 3 " pipe jumps the axle cut it off there and put a ypipe 3 in" in dual 2.5" out and have them bend the pipes from the merge to the exhaust outlets. Could come out good if done by a good shop.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Actually if you nhad the LM1 mounted after tthe ypipe where it belongs, and where the factory 3 " pipe jumps the axle cut it off there and put a ypipe 3 in" in dual 2.5" out and have them bend the pipes from the merge to the exhaust outlets. Could come out good if done by a good shop.
    That's exactly what the loud mouth system is that you can buy with all the piping done for you.

Impounded
    or you could say fuck it and chop it off at mid y pipe and just clap the muffler there. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    or you could say fuck it and chop it off at mid y pipe and just clap the muffler there. lol
    That's how you treat a beater

hooker sounds like

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    Gotta at least clam a turndown on it.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have 1-7/8 Kooks LTs, Kooks ORY and LMII with no cats. It's pretty aggressive at anything over 3K.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I have 1-7/8 Kooks LTs, Kooks ORY and LMII with no cats. It's pretty aggressive at anything over 3K.
    thats what ill have by Friday

and yes defiantly turndowns!!!!

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

LM1+LT's+ORY= Stupid loud. Its so fucking loud its not even funny. You cant hear your partner in the passanger seat, dont even bother with the radio, everything rattles and vibrates...I LIKE!!
    "Life is to short to drive a slow car"

Gone but not forgoten: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "The Black Bandit"
    Bought- 11-18-05
    Sold- 10-14-08

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    LM1+LT's+ORY= Stupid loud. Its so fucking loud its not even funny. You cant hear your partner in the passanger seat, dont even bother with the radio, everything rattles and vibrates...I LIKE!!
    I heard lm1/lts/ory coming from far away and it didnt even sound like a car lol more like a loud, raspy truck

Anything wrong with the list?

If so speak up and ill edit.

Impounded
    like stated earlier...ORY vs Catted... LTs vs shorties vs Stockers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information