Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

Exhausts loudest to quietest

This is a discussion on Exhausts loudest to quietest within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by RyanJM Slp also makes the powerflo which I have close to a magnaflow.as far as loud since ...

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Slp also makes the powerflo which I have close to a magnaflow.as far as loud since it has 3 mufflers. Deep at idle and cruising and wakes up at wot especially from 4 to 6k, can wait to hear it with the ms3 cam when I get it back.
    Alight ill put it on the list.

  2. #22
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by 02_slp_ss View Post
    has any1 ever heard of spin tech on here!?!?! they sound really good IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by azkass View Post
    Nice muffler...I was going to put those on my car but went with the bullets instead. IMO Spin tech sound great at low idle but at WOT very loud and raspy.
    It depends on the system in front of the muffler. With small single 3 inch piping it seems to make just about any muffler raspy short of using a bullet.

    We used a Spintech muffler on the 4" Mufflex system and it wasn't raspy at all. Later switched to the Flowmaster 4" muffler in place of the spintech and really couldn't tell much of a difference. At the time they were the only 2 mufflers available for the Mufflex setup, now I think they offer a couple more.

  3. #23
    loudmouth = NASCAR
    corsa = classic 60s muscle
    flowmaster = loudmouth thru earplugs


    Read today. I laughed.

  4. #24
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    gotta love the m6 and a loudmouth.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    gotta love the m6 and a loudmouth.
    Is it possible to weld in a lm1 resonator in place of the muffler on a stock catback? I know it would look like a mess but would it work?

  6. #26
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Is it possible to weld in a lm1 resonator in place of the muffler on a stock catback? I know it would look like a mess but would it work?
    Well, on a stock system you have the transverse muffler, which is also where the dual rear tailpipes originate from. To remove that and install a loudmouth resonator you would have to eliminate one of the rear tailpipes.

    If you look at a loudmouth system (I had one) the resonator is mounted inline of the I-pipe just before the rearend,,,,and the dual tailpipes come from a "Y" junction just after the rearend housing. It's all piping after that.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Well, on a stock system you have the transverse muffler, which is also where the dual rear tailpipes originate from. To remove that and install a loudmouth resonator you would have to eliminate one of the rear tailpipes.

    If you look at a loudmouth system (I had one) the resonator is mounted inline of the I-pipe just before the rearend,,,,and the dual tailpipes come from a "Y" junction just after the rearend housing. It's all piping after that.
    So it would pretty much look like a hack job? I am not planning on doing it I was just curious if it could be done.

  8. #28
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    So it would pretty much look like a hack job? I am not planning on doing it I was just curious if it could be done.
    Ya, I personally think it would look hacked. I good fabricator could do a nice job, but you still end up with a single tailpipe. That seems to bother some people.

    The mufflex system I mentioned earlier uses a single 4 inch tailpipe, but it's tucked up under the car to the point where it looks like the car doesn't have any tailpipes at all anyway. It didn't bother me. You could probably do the same fabbing up the bullet on the stock system and just hide the tailpipe in the same fassion, tucking it up in the driver side quarter panel with a small turndown, you'd never see it.

  9. #29
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    Actually if you nhad the LM1 mounted after tthe ypipe where it belongs, and where the factory 3 " pipe jumps the axle cut it off there and put a ypipe 3 in" in dual 2.5" out and have them bend the pipes from the merge to the exhaust outlets. Could come out good if done by a good shop.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

  10. #30
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Actually if you nhad the LM1 mounted after tthe ypipe where it belongs, and where the factory 3 " pipe jumps the axle cut it off there and put a ypipe 3 in" in dual 2.5" out and have them bend the pipes from the merge to the exhaust outlets. Could come out good if done by a good shop.
    That's exactly what the loud mouth system is that you can buy with all the piping done for you.

  11. #31
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,148
    or you could say fuck it and chop it off at mid y pipe and just clap the muffler there. lol

  12. #32
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    or you could say fuck it and chop it off at mid y pipe and just clap the muffler there. lol
    That's how you treat a beater

  13. #33
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    hooker sounds like

  14. #34
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    or you could say fuck it and chop it off at mid y pipe and just clap the muffler there. lol
    Gotta at least clam a turndown on it.

  15. #35
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    I have 1-7/8 Kooks LTs, Kooks ORY and LMII with no cats. It's pretty aggressive at anything over 3K.

  16. #36
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,148
    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I have 1-7/8 Kooks LTs, Kooks ORY and LMII with no cats. It's pretty aggressive at anything over 3K.
    thats what ill have by Friday




    and yes defiantly turndowns!!!!

  17. #37
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    LM1+LT's+ORY= Stupid loud. Its so fucking loud its not even funny. You cant hear your partner in the passanger seat, dont even bother with the radio, everything rattles and vibrates...I LIKE!!
    "Life is to short to drive a slow car"

    Gone but not forgoten: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "The Black Bandit"
    Bought- 11-18-05
    Sold- 10-14-08

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    LM1+LT's+ORY= Stupid loud. Its so fucking loud its not even funny. You cant hear your partner in the passanger seat, dont even bother with the radio, everything rattles and vibrates...I LIKE!!
    I heard lm1/lts/ory coming from far away and it didnt even sound like a car lol more like a loud, raspy truck

  19. #39
    Anything wrong with the list?

    If so speak up and ill edit.

  20. #40
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,148
    like stated earlier...ORY vs Catted... LTs vs shorties vs Stockers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Loudest Flowmaster Muffler
    By Last of the Breed in forum External Engine
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 01:05 PM
  2. Loudest Muffler
    By ls1camino in forum External Engine
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 08:12 PM
  3. quietest aftermarket muffler
    By momsls1 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 10:35 AM
  4. loudest exhaust system for the money
    By ichliebecamaro in forum External Engine
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 10:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •