aPerfectTransAM

exhaust cut-out for 99 T/A

Well I miss having a cutout, SO i bought a new one from jegs.. (whooo, go me!) Now the question. I can't put it where I normally would because my dynomax bullet muffler is in its place (i-pipe), now the only place I saw it could go was from the passenger side between the cat and the other little piece shown in the picture

my question would be, is it going to be just as loud being on the one side? because normally the cutout would be in the place of my bullet where both header flow together & dump out before the muffler, but this is just going to be the one side and i guess the driver side will still have alittle flow to the reg bullet.. and I know I can't put it on the driver side because that pipe is like a pancake!

if that makes any sense please chime in

ps, i found that picture of the stock ypipe from an SS. When i looked at mine, it looked like a more straighter pipe before it bends up to the passenger side header. The cutout is 10 inches and i measured the spot and it seemed to be close but it would work... (if anything have the exhaust place shave a little off the cutout)

pss. one more thing, sorry... I ordered a 3inch cutout. I'm not sure of the stock piping but I know i ordered my 3inch bullet muffler and the guy made it work with stock piping, so if i need a different size, i need to know asap because i placed my order in last night.

aPerfectTransAM
    bump please!

aPerfectTransAM
    I might be able to have the exhaust place move my bullet resinator back and put the cut out infront of it so they would both be on the I-Pipe.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I believe factory Y's measure 2 1/2". If you stick with the 3" cutout, a shop will have to fill-weld the difference in the gaps.

As far as what I think, you should get lontube headers and get dual electric cutouts right after the collectors. But that's just me.

Where to stick the cutout...since you only have 1, I suggest putting it where both sides would benefit from it, or after both sides merge. But since you have a muffler there, its tough to say.
    I would either send it back and get my money back or get a new exhaust setup, but its up to you. Good luck.

aPerfectTransAM
    yeah, thanks for the reply. I think I can put the cutout before the bullet on the I-pipe, i think they can make it work. I know they fill welded the bullet because it was also 3inch so i'm sure they could do the cutout.

Thread Information