Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

exhaust advice

This is a discussion on exhaust advice within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by theorangeguy probably just a lack of hearing...you probably listen to the tv louder than you used to ...

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    probably just a lack of hearing...you probably listen to the tv louder than you used to as well

Actually, I keep the tv turned down. I hear entirely too well.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    you know what is really quiet and sounds like it would fit you perfectly? A prius.....they make hardly any noise at all.
    Now I wouldn't go that far

If it makes you feel better, I do have one that is dumped at the rearend, that old 56 nomad that was my hotrod when I was a kid. Many moons ago I had a dual system dumped at the axle with a hot 327, and then drove that thing every day for years. I recently got it running again and took a spin up the street. Now I know why I'm half deaf All those years of driving that thing dumped at the axle, drone city. Yeah that'll be another one I'll change when I get time. Thankfully now the aftermarket offers very nice dual exhaust kits for these things, something unheard of back in the day for this car.

Did I send you a sound clip of dad's new 571 running in the goat? Talk about loud. 3 1/2" setup with a Dr. Gas X pipe and race mufflers, then 3" torque tech tailpipes. He's been harassed by cops about the noise Of course he's older than I am and he just loves that shit. You and my pops would get along just fine Orion

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I did see that video. That car is bad ass.....it deserves to be loud. Seems a few years ago I saw someone was making oval extensions so you could turn dumps out the side in front of the rear tires on the f bodies. That would be the way to go. Get that street thumping out from under the car and you'd lose a lot of cabin noise. I'm probably not far off of an exhaust decision on mine. My cutout doesn't seal like it used too so there's always a slight leak there. I've taken it apart a couple of times to try and solve the leak with no luck. I don't think McCord is even around anymore so I can't get parts for it. That puts me at looking at either a new cutout or new exhaust. I really like my cutout but I have to say that dumps might be tempting. Dumps with my brothers extra set of spintech mufflers. That should do it.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

My .02 is go true duals....may be pricey but they sound awesome.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I think Kook's is the only manufacturer of true-duals right now. I could be wrong.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I think Kook's is the only manufacturer of true-duals right now. I could be wrong.
    Them and Bassani. I have Kooks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information