Thread: exhaust

white
    1994 camaro

exhaust

heyy wats goin on everyone...i want to get an exhaust for my camaro its a 94 v6...i want to get something louder for it beef it up a lil...neone have a used system they would like to sell or any ideas where i can get a nice sounding cheap system...

thanks everyone!!

Mystic Blue Metallic
    1995 Trans Am

I love my Flowmaster. Wakes the neighbors all the time.
    1995 Trans Am M6
    Flowmaster Exhaust - 17" Chrome ZR-1 Replicas - K&N - CETA Rear - Honey Comb Tail Lights - Tokico Shocks - Eibach Pro Kit - UMI Performance Adj. Pan Hard Bar, L.C. Arms, and Strut Tower Brace - JVC HEad Unit - Infinity Speakers

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

LS1sounds.com
    They have some LT1s in there

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    LS1sounds.com
    They have some LT1s in there
    He has a V6, not a LT1. I'm not sure if they have setups for them there. I'd try eBay, always cheap stuff floating around.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    He has a V6, not a LT1. I'm not sure if they have setups for them there. I'd try eBay, always cheap stuff floating around.
    My bad, I didn't read it thoroughly. In that case... youtube?
    Check your local craigslist classifieds or the for sale section on this site.

hugger orange

I'd check with a few local exhaust shops and get prices from them to custom bend an exhaust for you.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

BORLA makes a v6 cat back as do many other brands

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by sala View Post
    heyy wats goin on everyone...i want to get an exhaust for my camaro its a 94 v6...i want to get something louder for it beef it up a lil...neone have a used system they would like to sell or any ideas where i can get a nice sounding cheap system...

thanks everyone!!
    ok, where the hell is maspeth?

Black
    98 Z28/SS

I have a LS1, but I just had the exhaust custom made, from headers back. It's all 3" pipe, with scavenger pipe etc, into a magnaflow muffler and silverline rectangle tips. Sounds beefy and mean as heck, but here's the best part. It dropped my engine rpm 400 rpm's at cruising speed. That's huge. I would just get a custom one made up, it's usually best that way. For the V6(which I have owned one in the past), I'd go with 2.5" pipe.
    ---- Nightmare Z ----------
    1998 Camaro Z28/SS Showcar 5.7L LS1, K&N FIPK2, 3" Custom Exh, CF Hood, All LED Lights, Too many to list..
    2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L, 12" Lift, 40" Mudders
    2007 Harley Davidson VRod
    2002 Yamaha V-Star

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by rydesolow View Post
    I have a LS1, but I just had the exhaust custom made, from headers back. It's all 3" pipe, with scavenger pipe etc, into a magnaflow muffler and silverline rectangle tips. Sounds beefy and mean as heck, but here's the best part. It dropped my engine rpm 400 rpm's at cruising speed. That's huge. I would just get a custom one made up, it's usually best that way. For the V6(which I have owned one in the past), I'd go with 2.5" pipe.
    so how does changing exhaust cause a 400 rpm drop in engine speed? you sure you didnt change anything else at the same time?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    so how does changing exhaust cause a 400 rpm drop in engine speed? you sure you didnt change anything else at the same time?
    I think his gage is broke

Maybe they swapped your 3.42 gear for a 2.73 while you weren't looking

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

thanks everyone!!
    Well if it's the 3.4 and you really want to wake that engine up, get yourself a set of heads from a 3500 v6, cam, headers, tune, and get rid of that super restrictive intake plenum. CAI is only going to help some on the stock set up. That can net ya 200+ish for starters. Check Ebay for a set of headers may find a good set there. Good luck!

If it's the 3800 v6 the options are vurtually endless. I prefer the 60* 3.4 for it's better internal balance, than the boat anchor 3800...
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-18-2009 at 08:59 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

thanks everyone!!
    Install an electric cutout in your I pipe under the rear passenger seat. Cheap and easy and when the cops come you can return to stock in 5 seconds! I have never heard a v6 through a cutout but it will be louder than any catback.
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    Install an electric cutout in your I pipe under the rear passenger seat. Cheap and easy and when the cops come you can return to stock in 5 seconds! I have never heard a v6 through a cutout but it will be louder than any catback.
    3800s straight piped are really loud and extremely raspy. Not something i would consider having heard one myself. Just get a magnaflow or something.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    It will sound horrible without a set of headers trust me...

White
    2008 Hummer H3

3800s straight piped are really loud and extremely raspy. Not something i would consider having heard one myself. Just get a magnaflow or something.
    LOL Agree, but he may have the 3.4L 660..

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

It's a 94 they had 3.4L

Black
    98 Z28/SS

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I think his gage is broke

Maybe they swapped your 3.42 gear for a 2.73 while you weren't looking
    don't know. after they put the custom 3" exhaust on, scavenger pipe, with magnaflow muffler the RPM's dropped a large amount. i noticed a massive power gain and much better MPG. i could go the same speed for a lot less demand on the motor. worked out great for me! K&N FIPK II was installed before the exhaust went on, also. that might of made a difference too.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

don't know. after they put the custom 3" exhaust on, scavenger pipe, with magnaflow muffler the RPM's dropped a large amount. i noticed a massive power gain and much better MPG. i could go the same speed for a lot less demand on the motor. worked out great for me! K&N FIPK II was installed before the exhaust went on, also. that might of made a difference too.
    Never heard of exhaust work changing RPMs. RPMs are a direct result of your gearing. 400 is a HUGE drop IMO.

When I got my 3.42 gear changed to a 4.11 when I got my 9" installed, my RPM went up from 1500 to 1900 at 70MPH.

Thread Information