Emissions legal headers PA?

This is a discussion on Emissions legal headers PA? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have searched for headers for my 02 Z28 that will be legal for PA emissions. I want some that ...

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Lightbulb Emissions legal headers PA?

I have searched for headers for my 02 Z28 that will be legal for PA emissions. I want some that i won't have any problems with fitment just to make it easier. If i can't find any legal ones then i will pull them out each time i go for inspection, but if i have to do this, then the stock parts will have to be able to bolt right back in. Any thoughts? I appreciate any help.

Shorties are the only true way to pass in PA. The shorties do not move the original location of your cats. The problem with shorties is the minimal power gains. You can still run LTs with cats and some shops probably wont have a problem with that as long as you dont have any CEL's.
    Also in PA if you dont drive the car more than 5000 miles you are exempt from emissions. That is how I get by since my car is not a DD.
    02 TA A4
    408ci - 244/250/612/622 | PRC 237 heads | FTRA |100mm lid | FAST92/92 | Kooks 1 7/8 | Hooker CB | DMH Cutout | built trans | Yank4000 | 412 motorsports tuned | stock rear:judge:

08 TBSS - Borla CB

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Quote Originally Posted by onyx_rock View Post
    Shorties are the only true way to pass in PA. The shorties do not move the original location of your cats. The problem with shorties is the minimal power gains. You can still run LTs with cats and some shops probably wont have a problem with that as long as you dont have any CEL's.
    Also in PA if you dont drive the car more than 5000 miles you are exempt from emissions. That is how I get by since my car is not a DD.
    Do you have to have the car for at least one year, with the odometer reading less than 5k before you get the exemption. My car is not my DD either so this may work out. I guess if i put LT's on now and don't go more than 5k it won't matter come next inspection. Thanks.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Are you worried about the visual inspection or the test. If you get the rear 02's eliminated and you find a place that will let it go not having cats (or you could keep the cats) then you will have no problem passing the test. I am in Pa and have no problem passing. It is not that hard to find a shop that will let it go without cats.

Quote Originally Posted by 02ultraZ View Post
    Do you have to have the car for at least one year, with the odometer reading less than 5k before you get the exemption. My car is not my DD either so this may work out. I guess if i put LT's on now and don't go more than 5k it won't matter come next inspection. Thanks.
    You would have to be under 5k from the date of your last inspection. To qualify for exemption you have to go 365 days since your last inspection.
    I just had mine done Tues and that is what the tech told me.

9t8 is right about tuning out the rear 02's or running sims to avoid CELs. The only problem you would have is if the shop was strict about the visual inspection.

Thread Information