black
    2000 Trans Am ws6

Electric cutout not working

When i bought my TA it came with an electric cutout that wasnt hooked up. Its set up to the cigarette lighter and the switch is in the ashtray.

From what i can see, all i needed to do to hook it up was get a wire about a foot long and connect it where the wire had been cut. Is there any certain type of wire i need to connect them? from the advice of a friend i tried some speaker wire and it didn't work. So im not sure if i needed a different type of wire or if there is a problem somewhere else.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vince from Shamwow View Post
    When i bought my TA it came with an electric cutout that wasnt hooked up. Its set up to the cigarette lighter and the switch is in the ashtray.

From what i can see, all i needed to do to hook it up was get a wire about a foot long and connect it where the wire had been cut. Is there any certain type of wire i need to connect them? from the advice of a friend i tried some speaker wire and it didn't work. So im not sure if i needed a different type of wire or if there is a problem somewhere else.
    My QTP cutout has a special black wire that runs from my motor and plugs into the switch looks like a headphone adaptor! The switch has 2 wires a red with an inline fuse and a black. Is there a long black heat sheilded wire running from the cutout motor to the switch? If yes check the fuse on the red wire! My answer is based on the presumption this is a QTP cutout, is it?
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

black
    2000 Trans Am ws6

not sure what brand it is, but i did figure out a few things. the lights have to be on for the switch to work. Also motor wasnt strong enough to open the cover since it prolly gained some rust. I managed to get it open with a hammer, a wrench, and 2 screwdrivers that i broke in the process.

So ill prolly take it off and see if i cant wd40 it and work it some to make it actually open without breaking tools.

Thread Information