black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

electric cutout install help!

hey guys, i just bought a bandlandz electric cutout. it says in the instructions, "You can run it to a switched fuse in the fuse panel located on the drivers side dashboard." I have one positive wire and a ground wire. How do i run it to the switched fuse? what is a switched fuse?... Also, is the firewall a good place to ground a wire? If not, where should i on a 99 Camaro. Thanks for any input!

I've installed a QTP and DMH switch - in both cases I used a "switched" power source (extended and ran the red wire to the radio fuse under the carpet). Switched means power is off when the key is turned off, lighted switch goes off when opening the door in the case of QTP. For ground I used the black wire coming off the cig lighter.

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Where is that radio wire located? And im guessing i just cut that, tie the wires together and put tape around it.. right? Or could i just somehow run it to a fuse in the fuse box?... sorry im terrible with electical stuff..

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

in the fuse box, you'll have a couple of single ports that are empty. look for the one that's labeled IGN. that is your switched ignition. i used a make spade connector on the end of the wire to get it plugged in. i put the ground wire to the little 10mm bolt where the center console bolts to the dash on the driver's side.

here's pics of the install.

http://www.stealthram.com/qtpcutout.html
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information