98T/Aformula

Electric Cut out ?

I was planing on getting the QTP electroniccut out,I was just wondering if anyone had any experince with these, there was only one thread on here concerning cut outs and I just wanted some more info before I got it. My exhaust now is fairly stock, I just have hi flow cats and a muffler, and from what I have heard the cut out is a good way to get some extra power with the flip of a switch, and I belive the stock ehxaust it 2.50 inches I havent got a chance to go out and look seeing how the weather here has kept my car inside and its hard to really get under that thing when the passenger side is up next to a wall. Any info would be owsome thanks !

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I just put pacesetter LT's and ORY and a cutout on my car this week. The headers sound great but I find myself leaving the cutout open most of the time because it just sounds awesome. I went with the badlanz http://www.badlanzhpe.com/ cutout because it was a little cheaper and they come with a pipe that is flared on both sides so you can install it yourself with a couple of clamps. I put mine in between the Y and the I pipe. I wound up cutting the I pipe a little too short and it turns out that this location causes the cutout to drag the ground horribly. I had an exhaust shop move it back about a foot and there it's able to be turned up into a little cubby hole under the car to give you a lot more clearance. They only charged me $50 to move it and weld it in and I had them adjust my ORY too because it was hitting the bottom of the car a little. And the only drawback to the badlanz cutout which may be the same on the QTP is that the motor doesn't shut off when you have it fully open or closed. You have to hold the switch down and count to 5 then let off when opening or closing the cutout. If you hold down too long you could damage the motor over time. Badlanz does have a replacement motor for $35.00 which is nice if you ever burn yours up. Hope this helps.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

http://www.stealthram.com/qtpcutout.html

back when i had the QTP 3" cutout
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Pewter
    2000 Camaro ss

I got the badlandz one also. I have mine welded in under the rear seat, that spot seems like it was made for a cutout. Ive havent had a problem with it yet, seems to work fine. They help if you have a restrictive muffler

98 Formula
    06 duramax

A couple of years ago I put the McCord power plate on mine and haven't had any issues with it. It only cost $117 so it's one of the best deals out there.

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    so if you have a fairly stock exahust what size cutout would you recomend?? because i would like to get some installed. also where do they weld the cutout, into the Y-pipe?

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

i got a 3'' cut out and love it. i only close it if a cop rolls by or im getting an inspection
    Click for full size

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    i got a 3'' cut out and love it. i only close it if a cop rolls by or im getting an inspection
    how much did it cost you to get it welded on? and how long did it take to install the switch

98T/Aformula
    I just ordered mine yesterday, I went with the QTP 2.5 inch it should be here thursday, I also ordered sub frame connectors seeing how im at the muffler shop anyways i ll just have him weld them in as well I just hope the weather works out so I can go get them installed ASAP ! Thanks for the help, mrr23 that will help out alot !

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

i had someone install it for me. it was cheap i cant remember how much but i do tell you one warning. get them to install it where it dose not have power to it at all times. i have the switch that lites up green for open and red for closed and after a week or to it drains my battery if i dont drive the car.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I run the McCord Powerplate
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Dark Gray 02 Tahoe
    A few too many Lsx's!

Quote Originally Posted by NiteRiderWs6 View Post
    how much did it cost you to get it welded on? and how long did it take to install the switch
    mine passed inspection without being closed up....teehee...

No electric one here!

Thread Information