Thread: EGR removal

LS1 BITCHES

midnight blue
    2000 firebird formula

EGR removal

has anyone taken the EGR off and if so did you experience any issues with it. I've seen one that had it taken off but he had his codes erased.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

No issues.

Codes need turned off, that is all.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Chameleon
    1999 Trans Am

here is a site with a basic how to and some pics http://www.ls1camaro.net/sections.ph...ticle&artid=70

2000 Z28

Does this gain you anything, other than cleaning up the engine compartment? My hose from my pass/header to the egr valve has a hole in it, and I am considering removing it just so I dont have to buy another one. Just dont want to cause any problems. I will be getting a tune, (either mail order or local dynotune) in the next few weeks, so I could delete the codes then.

No performance gains. My buddy just did his, along with !AIR. He thinks he might have lost a MPG or two, but I doubt there's any difference - don't see how you can measure it that accurately from tank to tank, driving conditions, changes in gas forumlas, etc.

red
    1999 WS6

When you remove the EGR and AIR systems. Can you still pass emissions, I live in maryland and there is no inspection just a pipe test that i know of. I havent been yet so i dont kno

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by RMR JAM
    Does this gain you anything, other than cleaning up the engine compartment? My hose from my pass/header to the egr valve has a hole in it, and I am considering removing it just so I dont have to buy another one. Just dont want to cause any problems. I will be getting a tune, (either mail order or local dynotune) in the next few weeks, so I could delete the codes then.
    Not sure about gains as far as egr removal on the exhaust manifolds. But if the egr is removed from your 2000 Z's intake you will flow more air into it due to the tube that hangs down will be gone. So yes I will say there IS a horsepower benefit. That would be basically the same as doing the egr mod on www.universityinstall.com

Navy Blue Metallic
    99 Formula M6

As long as your car is not throwing any SES codes you will pass emissions. I would doubt there is a pipe test because the Ls1 uses an OBDII port. It is the port underneath the stearing wheel, and the emissions simply plug into that and read the computer screen. If u have no codes being thrown then you will pass. If you remove these systems and do not have the codes deleted out of the cars PCM, then your SES light will be on and you will not pass emissions. So have the codes deleted and you will be fine, emissions wise, at least

Thread Information