03 Terminator

EGR Provisions on LS6 Manifold

On SLPs site, they have 2 LS6 intake manifolds for 98-00 LS1s, one without EGR Provisions and one with EGR Provisions. My question is what is the difference, other than $100. And also, one of my friends who doesnt know as much about LS1s as i do told me that if i get get a LS6 intake manifold that id have to get LS6 heads too? i dont think this is true but it got me thinking about it and now im confused so i might as well ask yall smart people.

thanks
    RyAn

silver
    2000 camaro ss

not true

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1Power06
    On SLPs site, they have 2 LS6 intake manifolds for 98-00 LS1s, one without EGR Provisions and one with EGR Provisions. My question is what is the difference, other than $100. And also, one of my friends who doesnt know as much about LS1s as i do told me that if i get get a LS6 intake manifold that id have to get LS6 heads too? i dont think this is true but it got me thinking about it and now im confused so i might as well ask yall smart people.

thanks
    RyAn
    well EGR means Exhaust Gas Recirculation. which means it takes exhaust gas and pumps it back into the engine. bad. anyways. the 98-00 had EGR provisions on the LS1. however on the corvette LS6 there was no EGR valve. so the 98 up ls6 intake will have no egr vavles. but the 98-00 f body ls1 intake will have them but can be had without them. starting in 01 all ls1's had ls6 style intakes with no EGR provisions. and your buddy that dosent know much about LS1s is showing it now. the only difference betweent he ls1 and ls6 intake is the EGR provisions. i dont think the runners are bigger.

03 Terminator

so will my 2000 Z28 need the manifold with the EGR Provisions or not?

thanks
    RyAn

so will my 2000 Z28 need the manifold with the EGR Provisions or not?

thanks
    RyAn
    it all depends. if you want to keep the EGR system then yes. but i cant see why. all it does is pump dirty air directly into the TB. if i were you i would get the non EGR intake and shit can the egr system.

03 Terminator

lmao alrite, ill do that since getting rid of the recirculated air is just an extra bonus to costing $100 less with no EGR Provisions...thanks alot for the help.

RyAn

lmao alrite, ill do that since getting rid of the recirculated air is just an extra bonus to costing $100 less with no EGR Provisions...thanks alot for the help.

RyAn
    good deal. maby you can sell your shit recirculator to someone who thinks they need it. but yeah 100 bucks less for 2 or 3 extra hp and a clean TB is a good thing.

03 Terminator

so all that nasty black shit i clean off my TB is from the EGR valve? what a shitty thing to have, good thing GM figured out it wasnt doing any good and got rid of it.

so all that nasty black shit i clean off my TB is from the EGR valve? what a shitty thing to have, good thing GM figured out it wasnt doing any good and got rid of it.
    yeah its just carbon and shit from the exhaust. its emissions requirements. in 01 i beleive they started using an air pump which pumps fresh air into the exhaust insted of exhaust into the fresh air.

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

your computer is gonna look for that egr sensor so youll probably get a code........the runners are of same size just air flows better through the ls6 intake.

Quote Originally Posted by stangslayer98
    your computer is gonna look for that egr sensor so youll probably get a code........the runners are of same size just air flows better through the ls6 intake.
    yeah. they make EGR block off plates. just take it to a tuner and have them tune the EGR code out. but it shouldnt make it run bad or anything. it will just make the SES light stay on.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Get the manifold with the egr...yea it's $100 more, but it's smog legal and you won't have to pay a tuner to erase the code from you PCM. Otherwise you'll never pass a visual emission inspection again, if they have those in texas No you don't need LS6 heads...as you said, your friend doesn't know what he's talking about. Your friend might be talking about the older vortec motors in pick-ups...with those you need the vortec intake and the heads...it's a popular mod for 89-95 TBI motors, or he just doesn't know shit

Quote Originally Posted by bmw3588
    the only difference betweent he ls1 and ls6 intake is the EGR provisions. i dont think the runners are bigger.
    01-02 ls6 manifolds don't have egr...but SLP aftermarkets can be bought w/egr. The ls6 manifold is more than just no egr...compare the underside of both and you'll see what I mean...the ls6 is also a inch or so taller and gives you 15rwhp on average. Couple that with a ported TB and you'll be set.

Quote Originally Posted by bmw3588
    in 01 i beleive they started using an air pump which pumps fresh air into the exhaust insted of exhaust into the fresh air.
    They added the air pump in 00....I have a 00 and it has egr and A.I.R.

Thread Information