Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Egr & Air Plates ???

This is a discussion on Egr & Air Plates ??? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; we got a problem...i live in california lol...

  1. #21
    Member L3THAL_Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    City of Angels
    Age
    32
    Posts
    631

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

    we got a problem...i live in california lol

  2. #22
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin66 View Post
    we got a problem...i live in california lol
    Unless you find someone to overlook that shit your pretty much screwed. Sorry.

  3. #23
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    I have the Speed Inc block off plates. Look much better than puddling the pipes with a bead weld.

  4. #24
    Member L3THAL_Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    City of Angels
    Age
    32
    Posts
    631

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    Unless you find someone to overlook that shit your pretty much screwed. Sorry.
    well an old friend owns a shop and he said he can smog it and pass it for $200no matter wat...I also have a friend that knows someone who said he would smog it and pass it for me for like $125...so i guess i got it covered...ahhh i love having hook ups lol

  5. #25
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin66 View Post
    well an old friend owns a shop and he said he can smog it and pass it for $200no matter wat...I also have a friend that knows someone who said he would smog it and pass it for me for like $125...so i guess i got it covered...ahhh i love having hook ups lol
    Makes life alot easier doesn't it?

  6. #26
    Member L3THAL_Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    City of Angels
    Age
    32
    Posts
    631

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

    without a doubt...thanks for the help

  7. #27
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin66 View Post
    without a doubt...thanks for the help
    no prob

  8. #28
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin66 View Post
    well an old friend owns a shop and he said he can smog it and pass it for $200no matter wat...I also have a friend that knows someone who said he would smog it and pass it for me for like $125...so i guess i got it covered...ahhh i love having hook ups lol
    lol sucks for you... i got guaranteed pass for 50 bucks first time.... free for life... its called ls1 edit to remove codes and living in texas with no visual... done... and even at that i had someon epass me on a car that wouldnt pass for 40 bucks on the side... way cheaper here man lol

  9. #29
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    lol sucks for you... i got guaranteed pass for 50 bucks first time.... free for life... its called ls1 edit to remove codes and living in texas with no visual... done... and even at that i had someon epass me on a car that wouldnt pass for 40 bucks on the side... way cheaper here man lol
    Duh. lol Refer to my post at the end of page 1. Colorado is very wishy washy about emissions. Theres areas where no emissions are required, and then theres areas that are as strict as California.

  10. #30
    Member L3THAL_Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    City of Angels
    Age
    32
    Posts
    631

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

    yeah cali sux balls...but the weather in southern cali rocks...n so do the rides out here...so i cant really complain

  11. #31
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    Duh. lol Refer to my post at the end of page 1. Colorado is very wishy washy about emissions. Theres areas where no emissions are required, and then theres areas that are as strict as California.
    in oklahoma if you own a farm you say how many vehicles yo uhave and they print off stickers and you slap em on basically...no its not exactly like that.. but u dont even bring them in to get them inspected.. you just say what kind and give ya the sticker...

  12. #32
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    in oklahoma if you own a farm you say how many vehicles yo uhave and they print off stickers and you slap em on basically...no its not exactly like that.. but u dont even bring them in to get them inspected.. you just say what kind and give ya the sticker...
    Wait a minute. I know they don't do visual but they don't even do an emissions test in Dallas?

  13. #33
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    Wait a minute. I know they don't do visual but they don't even do an emissions test in Dallas?
    i said oklahoma... not dallas.. adn thats if you own a farm.. in dallas i just plug into the obdII with no sniffer

  14. #34
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    i said oklahoma... not dallas.. adn thats if you own a farm.. in dallas i just plug into the obdII with no sniffer
    When did OK come into the equation?

  15. #35
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    When did OK come into the equation?
    i was just sharing how loose ok is with inspection.. that is allllll

  16. #36
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    i was just sharing how loose ok is with inspection.. that is allllll
    O, ok, jw.

    Just checked UPS again and it says my plates are in transit. Should be here Monday.

  17. #37
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    O, ok, jw.

    Just checked UPS again and it says my plates are in transit. Should be here Monday.
    someones a wee bit excited

  18. #38
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    someones a wee bit excited
    The package was originally gonna be here by saturday but the MIDEAST issues ended up screwing me over.

  19. #39
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    I got the plates today. Ripped out the AIR and EGR in about 2 hours. Lots of cursing and busted up knuckles.

    Is it normal to have kind of a gassy smell from under the hood? I made sure every plate was torqued down to the max and the plug from speed inc. in the manifold was snug. Already throwin codes so thats gonna need to be taken care of. Hopefully the next cruise I go on someone will bring their programmer. I'll have the finished product up tomorrow.

    BTW, if you remove the airpump, take the bolts for the bracket out closest to the front bumper first, I screwed up and did the opposite so it lead to alot of frustration.

  20. #40
    Genital Salesmen WEZONIT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    140
    2000 SS

    They worked great for me but are way over priced. The material is crappy ass metal. If you know someone who is good with metal, you can make them with scrap metal laying around the shop for free

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. plates!?
    By tep98ws6 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 06:35 PM
  2. I need ls1 backing plates
    By Zboner in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 02:16 PM
  3. Epis new plates...
    By Fury_786 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 05:51 AM
  4. plates!
    By Bouvers in forum General Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 07:02 PM
  5. 99 Ta Plates
    By Danger731 in forum Western Members
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2005, 01:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •