Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Egr & Air Plates ???

This is a discussion on Egr & Air Plates ??? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Found a set on ws6store.com http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...3dd6ca2423ef04 Sounds like a good deal but will this kit have all the plates I ...

  1. #1
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Egr & Air Plates ???

    Found a set on ws6store.com http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...3dd6ca2423ef04

    Sounds like a good deal but will this kit have all the plates I need to get rid of all this BS? I plan on going on the next dyno day and getting the codes tuned out if I get this. Is it worth it?

  2. #2
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    i just welded a bead in all my ports... a lot easier and cheaper

  3. #3
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    i just welded a bead in all my ports... a lot easier and cheaper
    Not all of us are as talented as u are bullet. Besides, I don't exactly have a welder lieing around to use right now.

  4. #4
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    Not all of us are as talented as u are bullet. Besides, I don't exactly have a welder lieing around to use right now.
    go to exhaust shop and they will do it cheap..takes less than 2 minutes

  5. #5
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    go to exhaust shop and they will do it cheap..takes less than 2 minutes
    By the time I had them do that, it would probably cost the same as it would for the plates.

  6. #6
    LoudMouth SStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Westminster/Sykesville, Maryland
    Age
    28
    Posts
    512

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    i traced the gaskets on to some scrape metal i had laying around and cut them out with a cutting wheel. Work perfect.

  7. #7
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    The big thing I wanna know is if this pack comes with the plug for the LS1 manifold. I would hate to get it and see that I don't have everything I need.

  8. #8
    LoudMouth SStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Westminster/Sykesville, Maryland
    Age
    28
    Posts
    512

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    The big thing I wanna know is if this pack comes with the plug for the LS1 manifold. I would hate to get it and see that I don't have everything I need.
    dont think they do. go to get a freeze plug.

  9. #9
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    By the time I had them do that, it would probably cost the same as it would for the plates.
    why are you taking all that off btw?

  10. #10
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    why are you taking all that off btw?
    Gets rid of unecessary BS under the hood and the Emissions place doesn't look for it.

  11. #11
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    Gets rid of unecessary BS under the hood and the Emissions place doesn't look for it.
    thas cool jw... only reason i got rid of mine was the poeple who did my headers were like.. fuck the egr and air.. and i was like fine

  12. #12
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    thas cool jw... only reason i got rid of mine was the poeple who did my headers were like.. fuck the egr and air.. and i was like fine
    It really cleans up the engine bay and frees up some weight. If I remember correctly the AIR unit itself was something like 15 pounds and is pretty much useless after the car warms up. Plus removing the EGR gets rid of turbulence in the manifold, how much is beyond my knowledge buts its worth it in my opinion.


    BTW, where would I look for a freeze plug? Home depot?

  13. #13
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Ok, so instead of getting the plates through WS6store I decided to get them through
    ls1speed.com. The plates are by speed inc. and a manifold plug is coming with them as well. Total spent = $24.80 ($8.80 for shipping UPS ground)

  14. #14
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Ok one quick question. When I remove the EGR and the AIR, is there a cap or something I should use to close off the PCM connectors left behind? Or should I just wrap the shit out of them with electrical tape?

  15. #15
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    Ok one quick question. When I remove the EGR and the AIR, is there a cap or something I should use to close off the PCM connectors left behind? Or should I just wrap the shit out of them with electrical tape?
    no cap that i know of.. but if u ever intend on going back u may want to give them a layer of tape.. no need to wrap the shit outta it lol

  16. #16
    Member L3THAL_Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    City of Angels
    Age
    32
    Posts
    631

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

    What exactly does the EGR and AIR do anyway?? becuz I want LTs but i dont know if i should get them w/ the provisions or not...im not worried about emissions since I know someone that can hook me up

  17. #17
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin66 View Post
    What exactly does the EGR and AIR do anyway?? becuz I want LTs but i dont know if i should get them w/ the provisions or not...im not worried about emissions since I know someone that can hook me up
    egr = exhaust gas recirculation... basially takes from the headers and does something puts back into intake to reduce emmisions... and the air is idk how to explain it but its like only on the 01-02 t/a i thinkkkkkkk im probably wrong on that one.. but i know its like not on many cars

  18. #18
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    egr = exhaust gas recirculation... basially takes from the headers and does something puts back into intake to reduce emmisions... and the air is idk how to explain it but its like only on the 01-02 t/a i thinkkkkkkk im probably wrong on that one.. but i know its like not on many cars
    AIR is an airpump that throws fresh air on start up into the collectors to reduce emissions. Shuts off after motor is at operating temp. The major issue with the EGR is that tube in the manifold makes the air going in more turbulent thus restricting potnential power. Its not much, but every little bit counts.

  19. #19
    Member L3THAL_Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    City of Angels
    Age
    32
    Posts
    631

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

    theres a free mod on installuniversity.com that cuts part of the the EGR tube so that it doesnt make the air more turbulent but you still have the EGR right?? anyway would you recommend me keeping the AIR and EGR on the LTs or not??

  20. #20
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin66 View Post
    theres a free mod on installuniversity.com that cuts part of the the EGR tube so that it doesnt make the air more turbulent but you still have the EGR right?? anyway would you recommend me keeping the AIR and EGR on the LTs or not??
    Get rid of them if your state isn't strict as hell like California.

    Heres an example:
    Texas: pop the hood, close it, ur clear.
    California: pop the hood, kick you in the nuts for not having EGR, hit you up side the head with a shovel for not having AIR, shoot you with a 45 in the knee for having longtubes.

    Cool?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. plates!?
    By tep98ws6 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 06:35 PM
  2. I need ls1 backing plates
    By Zboner in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 02:16 PM
  3. Epis new plates...
    By Fury_786 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 05:51 AM
  4. plates!
    By Bouvers in forum General Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 07:02 PM
  5. 99 Ta Plates
    By Danger731 in forum Western Members
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2005, 01:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •