Edelbrock intakes

This is a discussion on Edelbrock intakes within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; does anyone know if it is worth the time to put the edelbrock super victor intake on with an elbow ...

silver
    2002 ss camaro

Edelbrock intakes

does anyone know if it is worth the time to put the edelbrock super victor intake on with an elbow and tb? or should you go with the fast 92/92? which is better to go with and easier?

Pewter
    1999 Chev Z28 Camaro,

I am wanting to know the same thing. Have post this same question in the past and got no replies. Edelbrock is impossible to get to a tech person.

Thx

black
    1998 trans am

it all depends on the setup. the big cube cars like the Edelbrock that have been worked on. (ported)

the smaller cubes like the Fast.

thanks,
    Mark

KYSpeed.com | FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING | PRICE MATCH | EMAIL

Kook's | American Racing Headers | Vararam | HallTech | Textralia | SPEC | McLeod | Raptor | Trick Flow | AFR | ECS
    | FAST | APS | TTi | Procharger | RPM Transmission | Comp | DMH | HP Tuners | PFADT | SLP | STS

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Agreed^

The elbow that clears the fbody hood greatly decreases flow. If you on stock cubes, go with the FAST.
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

Pewter
    1999 Chev Z28 Camaro,

Edelbrock stuff

I will be going to a larger cubic inch sometime in the near future. I have installed a bigger cam and had some porting work done on my stock heads. The little LS1 chassis dyno'd at 400 HP. Up 70 hp from the last dyno pull. But my times have not change as drastically as the horsepower has. In fact it has actually slowed down. Talking to people around here and that includes some speed shops the engine needs more air of which the FAST intake and the edelbrock intake will provide. I'll get another hood so fitment of the Edelbrock system is alright unless it will interfere with the windsheild cowl. Does edelbrock have the TB that will bolt up with the throttle and trans cables?

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Quote Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
    I will be going to a larger cubic inch sometime in the near future. I have installed a bigger cam and had some porting work done on my stock heads. The little LS1 chassis dyno'd at 400 HP. Up 70 hp from the last dyno pull. But my times have not change as drastically as the horsepower has. In fact it has actually slowed down. Talking to people around here and that includes some speed shops the engine needs more air of which the FAST intake and the edelbrock intake will provide. I'll get another hood so fitment of the Edelbrock system is alright unless it will interfere with the windsheild cowl. Does edelbrock have the TB that will bolt up with the throttle and trans cables?
    If you can clear a Edelbrock Proflow I have seen them work well........

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

If you plan on going go larger cubes, then invest in the super vic/ vic jr. you must have a cam spec around that intake to get the best performance out of it, It pulls well up top. Dont waste time with the elbow and throttle body and get the 4 barrel throttle body with a carb hat. even though the elbow and throttle body Looks sweet. hope this makes sense been drinking alittle. ooo you will have to cut the cowl a little with the vic jr and i think the super vic is even taller, so a cowl hood also is nessary.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by SOMbitch View Post
    If you can clear a Edelbrock Proflow I have seen them work well........
    the Proflo did not clear the hood in my GTO, and you can just slide your finger between it and the cowl, I don't see getting it into an F-body without ALOT of work

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    the Proflo did not clear the hood in my GTO, and you can just slide your finger between it and the cowl, I don't see getting it into an F-body without ALOT of work
    Click for full size

Click for full size

Yeah I wasn't paying attention what it was going into when I posted that. I have seen them do really well on a 70 Camaro LS1 transplant and a badass 403 in a 72 Chevelle.

So what did you have to do to get it to clear your hood and how do you like it??

hugger orange

Yeah I wasn't paying attention what it was going into when I posted that. I have seen them do really well on a 70 Camaro LS1 transplant and a badass 403 in a 72 Chevelle.

So what did you have to do to get it to clear your hood and how do you like it??
    Sofar just cut a big hole in the hood 9"x 27" the front half of the intake forward is level with the skin and slopes upto about an 1 1/2" above the hood at the tb and air cleaner. The throat has about a 22 degree down turn and I have a 4" air cleaner mounted right on the tb.

Looks like I'm going with a single low profile snorkle scoop in the center of the hood

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Sofar just cut a big hole in the hood 9"x 27" the front half of the intake forward is level with the skin and slopes upto about an 1 1/2" above the hood at the tb and air cleaner. The throat has about a 22 degree down turn and I have a 4" air cleaner mounted right on the tb.

Looks like I'm going with a single low profile snorkle scoop in the center of the hood

That should look very cool Is the assometer telling you that you got a good pickup??? I would think you may see 30-40 with your setup....

hugger orange

That should look very cool Is the assometer telling you that you got a good pickup??? I would think you may see 30-40 with your setup....
    Going from a stock cube 346ci with an ls6 intake, to a 404ci with the proflo and 90mm Fast... I hope to see more than 40 hp gaim lol

I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the weekend and test fired

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Going from a stock cube 346ci with an ls6 intake, to a 404ci with the proflo and 90mm Fast... I hope to see more than 40 hp gaim lol

I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the weekend and test fired
    Ooooooohhhhh. Didn't know you were going more cubes. Yeah 50 is not out out of the question What's gonna top it off???

You are making me JEALOUS

hugger orange

Ooooooohhhhh. Didn't know you were going more cubes. Yeah 50 is not out out of the question What's gonna top it off???

You are making me JEALOUS
    Checkout my "bigger better faster" thread in the GTO section

Thread Information