red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Edelbrock intake setup

I have the Victor Jr EFI intake manifold and was wondering if someone could tell me how to set up the vaccuum on it. it has a small hole for the MAP and a bigger hole in the back for the rest but im not sure how to tie all the vaccuum lines together or how to set it up to work.

I was also wondering about the fuel rail setup and how to set that up since the stock rails had the evap solinoid that hooked to it. i dont know if im suppossed to have that too or no.

And since the intake has a 90mm tb i was wondering what i can use to connect that to the MAF or to run without a MAF and go with speed density. The bellow i have now wont fit on the tb.
    Last edited by stephen02ws6; 05-27-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: wrong sensor initials

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by stephen02ws6 View Post
    I have the Victor Jr EFI intake manifold and was wondering if someone could tell me how to set up the vaccuum on it. it has a small hole for the MAF and a bigger hole in the back for the rest but im not sure how to tie all the vaccuum lines together or how to set it up to work.

I was also wondering about the fuel rail setup and how to set that up since the stock rails had the evap solinoid that hooked to it. i dont know if im suppossed to have that too or no.

And since the intake has a 90mm tb i was wondering what i can use to connect that to the MAF or to run without a MAF and go with speed density. The bellow i have now wont fit on the tb.
    Pictures would be useful.

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Pictures would be useful.
    i will take some today.

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

here is one of the intake. the hole in the back is where the vaccuum is suppose to go and the brass fitting on the side of the intake is where the MAP sensor is suppose to go

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by stephen02ws6 View Post
    Click for full size
    here is one of the intake. the hole in the back is where the vaccuum is suppose to go and the brass fitting on the side of the intake is where the MAP sensor is suppose to go
    Typically on a ls1/ls6 style intake the map sensor is in the back and it is on the front with a ls2 style intake. I don't know what style your intake is but I thought that information would be helpful. Also the brass fitting looks more like the vacuum fitting or the pcv not for the map sensor. The map sensor should clip on to the intake some where or there should be a clip with the intake that screws it in place, and then you would plug in the plug from the wiring harness. You do need the evap solenoid unless you block it off somehow but I wouldn't do that. There should be a brass fitting on the right side of the intake if you are facing the opening for the TB. That fitting will plug right into the purge valve for the solenoid. Can you post a rear and a picture of the other side of the intake? That way I would be able to tell you what goes where.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 05-27-2011 at 07:04 PM.

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

ok i have it setup and on the car running. no solenoid on the fuel rail setup, just have the brake booster hooked to the vaccuum, and i have the inlet tube rigged to work but i need a 4 inch intake tube.

Thread Information