Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ebay headers

This is a discussion on ebay headers within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by SS goblin There up to 9 pages now. They kind of trailed off the subject, so I ...

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by SS goblin View Post
    There up to 9 pages now. They kind of trailed off the subject, so I started a new thread to try and find out about the Y-pipe and race style headers and it got locked down. I'm guessing because of the sponsers. So thats why I came over here. Anybody have any more info about the Y pipe or race style headers?
    There is no Y pipe for em. Like I said above, You'll need a custom Y pipe.

SS Driver

Black
    00 Camaro SS #5255

A guy on LS1 tech used Jet Hots Y pipe. He said he had no problems, bolted right up. He posted some pictures. I would have put up a link but apparently I need to have at least 5 posts on here before I can do that. So there is a Y pipe out there that will fit it.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

A guy on LS1 tech used Jet Hots Y pipe. He said he had no problems, bolted right up. He posted some pictures. I would have put up a link but apparently I need to have at least 5 posts on here before I can do that. So there is a Y pipe out there that will fit it.
    No, he said it looks like the Jet Hot Y pipe in that picture he posted. The Jet Hot Y pipe comes ceramic coated, his isn't. He doesn't really know what kind of Y pipe he has. You go ahead and buy one and try it though. This is how misinformation is spread and $$ is wasted.
    Last edited by INMY01TA; 09-27-2006 at 02:45 PM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

His does kinda look like the Jet Hot Y tho from the pics I've seen. The Jet Hot Y isn't cheap tho, $250. Thats more than I paid for my custom Y. Someone give it a try. These headers do look just like Jet Hot headers.

SS Driver

Black
    00 Camaro SS #5255

What did you pay for a custom if you don't mind my asking. I use to live down in SOMD so if you got it done in MD and it was cheaper then the jet hot, it was probably more then I could get it done for here in TX. Not only is everything bigger in TX its also cheaper. Nothing was ever cheap in MD. I was going to start looking around here for a shop that can make one, I'm new to the area. If not I'll be a ginnie pig and get the Jet Hot. That guy's on LS1 tech looks just like jet hots (uncoated of coarse). Do you think they ever offered there Y pipe uncoated?
    Last edited by SS goblin; 09-28-2006 at 04:02 PM. Reason: grammer

SS Driver

Black
    00 Camaro SS #5255

By the way how do you like your XS headers? I just sent my payment off for mine today. I believe you get what you pay for. But everybody has been saying nothing but good things about these headers. And after seeing my buddy's pacesetters after about two years, no thanks. I don't want to have to buy headers every 5 years or so. 321 stainless is a common use for aircraft exhaust also. It has a higher heat tolerance then 304. From what I've read up on anyway.

Black
    99 Z28

By the way how do you like your XS headers? I just sent my payment off for mine today. I believe you get what you pay for. But everybody has been saying nothing but good things about these headers. And after seeing my buddy's pacesetters after about two years, no thanks. I don't want to have to buy headers every 5 years or so. 321 stainless is a common use for aircraft exhaust also. It has a higher heat tolerance then 304. From what I've read up on anyway.
    ALL headers are high maintenance. ALL of them. None of the budget headers will last as long as the stock manifolds. Unless you are willing to cough up $1000+ for some SLP's or something. As the saying goes... You get what you pay for.

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

So no header really lasts..? Well is that visually or functionaly.. if it looks like the stock set-up does after a few years but still gives the performance...to be truthful i don't really care that much. I like a good looking engine bay, but i can't afford to keep the whole engine bay looking like a show room so why bother just having one piece all nice for the life of the car when the rest will look cruddy....

$.02
    I think i am going to get a set of these.. only thing that bother me is the CUTTING of the K member..... cutting=weak spot=BAD

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I only paid $110 for my Y pipe (the cost of the Texas Speed Y pipe) F Body Central in Baltimore made my Y pipe for me at no cost, I just gave em my Mac headers/y pipe which they'll sell to another customor. I was gonna try to sell em for about $200 so I gues thats how much it cost. I like these headers alot. People keep saying you get what you pay for but I believe all the other f body headers are marked up extremely high. I think these are finally just a fair price for a good header.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

still wanting to know how you like both the sound and performance gains...??

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Sound is just a lil quieter than the Mac header set up. Less rasp which I think depends more on the y pipe than the headers. As for performance (no dyno #s yet) I don't notice much difference either over the Macs but I'll let you know for sure after test and tune tomorrow nite.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by HTX View Post
    ALL headers are high maintenance. ALL of them. None of the budget headers will last as long as the stock manifolds. Unless you are willing to cough up $1000+ for some SLP's or something. As the saying goes... You get what you pay for.
    bullshit. i had uncoated cyclone headers for my 1981 Z/28 that lasted till i sold the car.
    5 years worth of Chicago weather didnt do anything more than surface rust.
    while ugly they looked, they worked fine.
    you wanna justify spending over 1k on headers go ahead.
    i have had my coated pacesetters for 2 years and they look like brand new.
    being that i paid about $500 less for my pacesetters compared to SS headers, i went ahead a got a stall converter.
    i paid the same for headers, y pipe and a stall as some do for a set of SS headers. guess what, i dropped almost a second of e.t. they sure didnt.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

black

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    still wanting to know how you like both the sound and performance gains...??
    with a tune i gained 30 rwhp and 29 rwtq

black

btw, when you say getting what you paid for, you shouldnt mention slp because they really shaft you.
    they are overpriced headers that hang low, and dont make the h.p slp claims.
    those slp headers do rust from the collector on up.

Black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    btw, when you say getting what you paid for, you shouldnt mention slp because they really shaft you.
    What ever dude. I wasnt talking about rust NOR discoloration. I was talking about how long the headers would last. You may have a good experience with some headers and that is great. But not everyone's experience is like that. All professionals know that headers (just like MOST high performance parts) are high maintenace (compared to stock). Spending more money now will most likely save you much more money later.
    It doesnt suprise me that most people will try and disagree with me. After all some people refuse to believe that Kroger and Walmart gas is NOT the same as a top tier gas (Chevron, Shell ect).

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    I'm with you man. SLP headers suck. What the hell is he tryin to say?

Black
    99 Z28

Jesus Christ yall hung to that SLP shit. I was just naming an expensive brand. Think about QTP or Kooks if you want to. It was just an example. What do you mean "What the hell is he trying to say" I said it plain and clear. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. What is to debate about that. As I said before I am not dissing the product. I simply pointed out that you cant expect a high quality product for a little bit of $$$.

If you want cheap and fast it is not going to be reliable.
    If you want cheap and reliable its not going to be fast.
    If you want reliable and fast its not going to be cheap.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I've seen/held exspensive headers like QTP's and Kooks in my hands. These headers are just as nice and are half the price. I fail to see your logic here.

Black
    99 Z28

Im just going to let this one go. You are hopeless. Im glad you like your headers. They look good. Have fun with em.
    Last edited by HTX; 09-29-2006 at 01:11 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Im just going to let this one go. You are hopeless. Im glad you like your headers. They look good. Have fun with em.
    very cool move.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information