Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E3 plugs

Black
    2002 SS camaro

E3 plugs

i dont no if anyone here has used them but i got a set of E3 diamond fire plugs an they are junk, my car misses like crazy with them i might of just got a bad set i dont no but i wont buy another set.

In need of another LS1 00blacktransam112's Avatar

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

they suck. i wouldnt use them in my lawnmower

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Too fancy for a plug. Just stick to NGK's

black
    2002 firebird trans am

yeah ngk probably be the best

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I could have told you this long before you installed them...

hugger orange

Try a set of the plain old autolite 103s, been running them for the last 50,000 miles in the goat with no problems at all, I change them about every 20,000-25,000 miles and they still look new

Another vote for Autolites. Great plug, I run them in everything anymore. They do as advertised.
    Don't care for NGK's.

Black
    2002 SS camaro

yea ill never run them agine, i seen on hp tv they did a dyno pull with an ls7an got better mpg an little more power i figured what the hell why not try them. i got NGK now i like them run them in the race car an my 4wheeler. makes me mad 6.00$ a plug lol o well

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by 02_slp_ss View Post
    yea ill never run them agine, i seen on hp tv they did a dyno pull with an ls7an got better mpg an little more power i figured what the hell why not try them. i got NGK now i like them run them in the race car an my 4wheeler. makes me mad 6.00$ a plug lol o well
    Watch the sponsor list on horsepower tv and you will learn why E3 plugs look like a great product on the show.

Black
    2002 SS camaro

yea i no that now lol

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

No offense meant. Just hate to see people taken by BS advertising claims.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

When I saw the title of this thread I figured this would be the result. E3 is just another marketing gimmick.

On the topic of plug designs though, has anyone seen/tried those new Pulstar plugs?? They are very expensive, but they claim big things of course.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 SGM
    Lid, Pro 5.0, WS6 Short Stick, LS7 Clutch, TB Bypass, Detroit TrueTrac, Poly Mounts, Bilstein Shocks, LS6 Intake, SFCs, CTS-V Brake Upgrade, STB, Nitto 555's. SS Longtube Headers and True Duals w/ H pipe and Magnaflows. Tuned by Harris Speed Works. 341.4WHP/346.1 lb/ft.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    On the topic of plug designs though, has anyone seen/tried those new Pulstar plugs?? They are very expensive, but they claim big things of course.
    So did WeaponX....

Black
    2002 SS camaro

yea they will tell u what u want to hear so ull by it, im just sticking to NGK

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

yea they will tell u what u want to hear so ull by it, im just sticking to NGK
    I actually am switching from the NGK's to the AutoLite's.
    In both cars.

AP606 for the Grand Ma GT (changed today---25 minute chore), and AR103's for the slow car (changing soon---45 minutes).
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Have had zero problems with my autolites, NGKs are a fine choice as well. Those E3 logs are right up there with Weapon X's. Which is a very bad thing.
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

For most of us who drive the cars on the street. Any sparkplug that is changed often enough will do the job just fine. If you have the extra money to spend on premium plugs, go for it. If you have good results or bad let us all know.
    As for the marketing gimmick:
    We all have some kind of personal preference for certain brands. Marketing people know this. They see this as a sign that marketing works. If it didn't work we would all by the lowest priced product. Consumers are willing to pay more for a difference in the product, whether that difference is real or just BS.
    I personally would avoid any product recommended by a host on a show that is sponsored by that product. They have an interest in that products success. Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_Driver View Post
    For most of us who drive the cars on the street. Any sparkplug that is changed often enough will do the job just fine. If you have the extra money to spend on premium plugs, go for it. If you have good results or bad let us all know.
    As for the marketing gimmick:
    We all have some kind of personal preference for certain brands. Marketing people know this. They see this as a sign that marketing works. If it didn't work we would all by the lowest priced product. Consumers are willing to pay more for a difference in the product, whether that difference is real or just BS.
    I personally would avoid any product recommended by a host on a show that is sponsored by that product. They have an interest in that products success. Just my .02.
    I rarely ever pay attention to market hype. I don't mind going out and trying new products. I like to experiment whether people say it's good or bad. I've found mixed results.
    As far as plugs I had the luxury of experimenting on a dyno one day. We found the NGK's never really made any difference in exhaust gas temps when changing heat ranges.
    Not that it's a bad plug, I'm sure they work. We just weren't impressed with colder heat ranges having no affect on cylinder temps. Generally one heat range changes temps about 30 degrees. Didn't see that with NGK's.

On the other hand, the Autolites performed perfectly in this mannor. For that reason alone I switched to Autolites.

I've also been a fan of ACdelco plugs. But unfortunately they don't offer colder heat ranges for the LS1 with these long .708 reach plugs they use. So that cans ACdelco's for me as far as LS engines go, or any aftermarket aluminum headed engine that requires the long reach plugs.
    ACdelco does however still offer colder heat ranges for the old 1/2 inch reach plugs used in older engines, in which they work fine, and I still use them in those applications.

Black
    2002 SS camaro

anyone ever try the bosh platinum 2 or 4? i have a friend that swaers by them says there the bestplug he had. idk maybe its just me, bu ti thik its all over rated. i would like to see a test where they try all these plugs an see what the results are
    MS3 cam, harland sharp 1.7, pac 1518 sprins, ported 241 heads, LT, 3in E-cutout, Ram stage 2 clutch, 13 lb fly wheel. << 443rwhp 451rwtq>>

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

anyone ever try the bosh platinum 2 or 4? i have a friend that swaers by them says there the bestplug he had. idk maybe its just me, bu ti thik its all over rated. i would like to see a test where they try all these plugs an see what the results are
    I am willing to bet the misfire wasn't the E3 plugs you put in now that I saw your other thread about the cam install.
    Get your car tuned before putting in A GOOD plug in. Get AutoLite AR103's once it is tuned.

And never use a plug with more than one 'prong' or whatever they call it.

Bosch is terrible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information