Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

white
    '99

E-Bay headers experience, anybody?

Can't believe the price of SS headers on e-bay and was wondering if anybody has any real experience with them, they must be made in China or wherever. Any leaks, install problems?
    Brands such as JVT, pacesetter, OBX, they all look the same!

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I have them, but have not put them on yet. The stainless steel they are made out of will not retain the luster, so I plan on wrapping them to keep the heat in.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by lt1stocker View Post
    Can't believe the price of SS headers on e-bay and was wondering if anybody has any real experience with them, they must be made in China or wherever. Any leaks, install problems?
    Brands such as JVT, pacesetter, OBX, they all look the same!
    There is a thread on this already. Use the search function and you will find what you are looking for...

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

Installed a set way way back when they first came out, they were a decent fit but still had some teething issues (d/s collector exit was angled too far upwards towards the floorboard) ... they of course got our feedback and I'm sure they've addressed those issues ... I've heard they're a decent setup for the price.

white
    '99

Jeez mr. 35 anv ss, your kinda sensitive! I race an Lt1 car in stock eliminator with moderate success, my friend wants me to change his 99 z28 to a street/strip car so I registered on this forum for advise with LS1's. There's so much to read that I don't have all the time that's needed so this is where I'm at.
    My plans include Lt headers with no cats., K&N system with their dyno after all of the other changes, (yea, got the hook up) convertor to 3500, trans gone thru by REMAC (the best in So. Cal.) computer flashing by an onsite guy that Remac suggested, engine pulley, 4:11 gears and Mickey Thompson street/strip tires.
    Plan is to make the car go low 12's and then go from there.
    I hope i haven't made a mistake coming here, on this site, because i'm unsure if you guys even race your stuff!!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Jeez mr. 35 anv ss, your kinda sensitive! I race an Lt1 car in stock eliminator with moderate success, my friend wants me to change his 99 z28 to a street/strip car so I registered on this forum for advise with LS1's. There's so much to read that I don't have all the time that's needed so this is where I'm at.
    My plans include Lt headers with no cats., K&N system with their dyno after all of the other changes, (yea, got the hook up) convertor to 3500, trans gone thru by REMAC (the best in So. Cal.) computer flashing by an onsite guy that Remac suggested, engine pulley, 4:11 gears and Mickey Thompson street/strip tires.
    Plan is to make the car go low 12's and then go from there.
    I hope i haven't made a mistake coming here, on this site, because i'm unsure if you guys even race your stuff!!
    I am? lol All I was telling you is that there is a forum on here about this very thing with hundreds of responses and if you search for it, you may find it useful....

Good luck.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I am? lol All I was telling you is that there is a forum on here about this very thing with hundreds of responses and if you search for it, you may find it useful....

Good luck.

I think he mistook you for lonelygirl15.
    yah joshiedoom started a thread with lots of pages of people who tried them.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Just checked by searching "ebay headers"
    it was the second one down

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...t=ebay+headers

white
    '99

Thanks C5Z28, I couldn't find the search feature. Where are you guys getting the neoprene engine mounts from?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Thanks C5Z28, I couldn't find the search feature. Where are you guys getting the neoprene engine mounts from?
    Talk to markls1ta(sponsor here) about motor mounts. Motor mounts and tranny mounts need to be the same to prevent stress.

search feature is at the top right of the screen

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I tell everybody the same thing about Ebay stuff. You can get a Turbo kit for a mustang off of ebay for $1500 dollars. It will be fun for a few months until your welds crack, then what. You may buy a set and be completely content with the quality but I can say from my own experience a set of Ebay headers next to QTP headers is a big difference. You can tell the quality. You can get away with Ebay headers, but if I were you I'd at least get Pacesetters, they rock for the cost.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Talk to markls1ta(sponsor here) about motor mounts. Motor mounts and tranny mounts need to be the same to prevent stress.

search feature is at the top right of the screen
    I agree about Mark,
    but about the motor/tranny mounts I am not sure I agree on that. I am running poly motor mounts but a stock tranny and I have no issues.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    I agree about Mark,
    but about the motor/tranny mounts I am not sure I agree on that. I am running poly motor mounts but a stock tranny and I have no issues.
    By running one mount softer than the other, the softer flexes more putting the stress in one area. Just because it can be done doesn't mean you should.
    <Ran with a poly tranny mount then took off for that reason.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

By running one mount softer than the other, the softer flexes more putting the stress in one area. Just because it can be done doesn't mean you should.
    <Ran with a poly tranny mount then took off for that reason.
    I understand you there. Makes sense.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    I understand you there. Makes sense.
    The tranny takes less than an hour to do, stay away from energy suspenison I had the dumbest little things pop up with that.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

The tranny takes less than an hour to do, stay away from energy suspenison I had the dumbest little things pop up with that.
    Time is of no issue for me! LOL
    Its the money that is the issue. I live in PA so I have all winter to work on my car

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy 2-1 View Post
    Installed a set way way back when they first came out, they were a decent fit but still had some teething issues (d/s collector exit was angled too far upwards towards the floorboard) ... they of course got our feedback and I'm sure they've addressed those issues ... I've heard they're a decent setup for the price.
    Ya you fabbed my Y pipe for them.

white
    01 formula

i have them and cant complain on anything about them. they look good but they do turn colors as do all stanless steel.personally like the tempered look. fitment was as good as you can excpect from any major brand. had to grind on the cradle a bit on mine as well as the install on my buddies 98 maro and he had hookers so i figure all brands youll have to do that.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

forget the ebay cheap headers,pacesetters are the way to go for a ls1 car,installed mine back in february(coated long tubes)and they have not leaked or corroded,hell they look like they did when i installed them.i would give the pacesetter headers a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

I have them in my car and so far so good, just one of them messed up a bit where you connect the emissions thing i think? but we fixed it with a bolt and a little welding

Thread Information