Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 107

Which E-bay Header to buy

This is a discussion on Which E-bay Header to buy within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I was the one who said there'd be fitment issues. If your y is wedged up against the floor, there ...

  1. #61
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    I was the one who said there'd be fitment issues. If your y is wedged up against the floor, there are.

  2. #62
    Thanks real experience with the Ebay SS Auto or DiscountZoom is alot more helpful than the usual "I heard" or "someone said" Enjoy.

  3. #63
    Member Pntbll309's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    221

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    I was the one who said there'd be fitment issues. If your y is wedged up against the floor, there are.
    If it didnt need a clamp it wouldnt touch. The y went on, no modification, so there is no issue. They went on like they were made for the car, so no issue there.

  4. #64
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by rickssz View Post
    Thanks real experience with the Ebay SS Auto or DiscountZoom is alot more helpful than the usual "I heard" or "someone said" Enjoy.
    Thats what I heard too.

  5. #65
    Member Pntbll309's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    221

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by rickssz View Post
    Thanks real experience with the Ebay SS Auto or DiscountZoom is alot more helpful than the usual "I heard" or "someone said" Enjoy.
    Thank you. If anybody needs any pics of is in the Colorado springs area your more than welcome to see them on the car. Just ask for pics.

  6. #66
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Pntbll309 View Post
    I actually had to jack it up about another 10 inches or so to get them in, but I had some room to spare. But all I did was put the front on 10-12'' ramps and once the header was in the hole I had plenty of room to do what ever I needed. Ground clearance is NOT an issue with these. I cannot express how well they fit! Everyones like they fit like crap, or hell theres even a post in this thread where the guy said "You WILL have fitment issues" and guess what.... NONE! Best $440 Ive spent on the car so far. Sound clips will be up, but with the LM2 prepare for rasp.

    But with about 20-24'' of clearance the headers went in easy as pie...3' is way TOO far up for them.
    sound clips would be super.

    do you feel like doing a write up of how to install them? I guess the big thing I'm interested in is what had to be taken off for easy fit. I think in one pic i saw the coil packs off. I have seen other write ups for other brands, sounds like fun.

    I'm still confused about the how high you had the car up for install. it sounds like you said you took it up on jack stands for the install, and the ramps were for afterward. is that accurate? i ask becuase I have a pair of steel ramps that look like yours. I have a stock ride height and would think on the ramps it would be plenty high for an install, just guessing.

  7. #67
    Member blackls1ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    kittanning,pa
    Age
    41
    Posts
    516

    black
    2000 ws.6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by Pntbll309 View Post
    And the OBX Y only comes with those cat's. How high flow could they be?
    those are resonators not cats my buddy has obx headers on his 01 z28 he loves them.

  8. #68
    Member Pntbll309's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    221

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post
    sound clips would be super.

    do you feel like doing a write up of how to install them? I guess the big thing I'm interested in is what had to be taken off for easy fit. I think in one pic i saw the coil packs off. I have seen other write ups for other brands, sounds like fun.

    I'm still confused about the how high you had the car up for install. it sounds like you said you took it up on jack stands for the install, and the ramps were for afterward. is that accurate? i ask becuase I have a pair of steel ramps that look like yours. I have a stock ride height and would think on the ramps it would be plenty high for an install, just guessing.
    I used the jack stands to just get the car high enough for the headers to slide into place. And yes I took the coil packs off, it made it a hell of a lot easier to do. As for a write up, Im not too good at that, I wouldnt know what to put. But as for what was taken off, coil packs, and the stock cat back.

  9. #69
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Pntbll309 View Post
    I used the jack stands to just get the car high enough for the headers to slide into place. And yes I took the coil packs off, it made it a hell of a lot easier to do. As for a write up, Im not too good at that, I wouldnt know what to put. But as for what was taken off, coil packs, and the stock cat back.
    cool, thanks. maybe you could hit us with some sound clips.

  10. #70
    Member Pntbll309's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    221

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post
    cool, thanks. maybe you could hit us with some sound clips.
    I will try, the last time I tried it drowned out the mic on my camera

  11. #71
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Pntbll309 View Post
    I will try, the last time I tried it drowned out the mic on my camera
    lol... yeah i have listened to a lot of bad ls1sounds.com vids. i'm not a AV expert but it must be frustrating as all get to spend the time making a clip and have it all messed up.

    i made a short clip of the engine running under the hood. i was impressed by my first shot. good luck, hope it turns out nice, and look forward to hearing it.

  12. #72
    Member Pntbll309's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    221

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post
    lol... yeah i have listened to a lot of bad ls1sounds.com vids. i'm not a AV expert but it must be frustrating as all get to spend the time making a clip and have it all messed up.

    i made a short clip of the engine running under the hood. i was impressed by my first shot. good luck, hope it turns out nice, and look forward to hearing it.
    If anybody in CO has a decent camera and would help me out would be awesome.

  13. #73
    Member Pntbll309's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    221

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am



    Closest thing to a sound clip. I couldn't grab for beans. But normally when we go and I can get trac, I get about a car on him. From a roll maybe 1.5-2 cars. My bro did the video.

  14. #74
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    nice, i hear what you mean about rasp, but still, sounds nice. i like the sig one board member has, when i gun it i want every one to think the world is coming to an end. that still cracks me up every time. rasp or not, to me its nice having something come alive and scare the bahjesus at out of the unsuspecting.

  15. #75
    Member Pntbll309's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    221

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post
    nice, i hear what you mean about rasp, but still, sounds nice. i like the sig one board member has, when i gun it i want every one to think the world is coming to an end. that still cracks me up every time. rasp or not, to me its nice having something come alive and scare the bahjesus at out of the unsuspecting.
    I made some pizza delivery woman drop her shit when I goosed it by her. I love it.

  16. #76
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Pntbll309 View Post
    I made some pizza delivery woman drop her shit when I goosed it by her. I love it.
    nice

  17. #77
    Member Pntbll309's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    221

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post
    nice
    It was an accident, I didnt know she was there. My friend called me after I left to tell me But man I love them!

  18. #78
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    what did you do about the air fittings since those LTs dont come with any? What codes did you throw except for O2 sensors?

  19. #79
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    what did you do about the air fittings since those LTs dont come with any? What codes did you throw except for O2 sensors?
    Just remove that annoying ass air pump and get it tuned out lol. That's what I plan on doing when I get my lt's. Spaz told me of a place to go get it inspected with lt's, and hes said as long as there's no SES lights, the guy will pass you. It's in the Souderton/ Lansdale area.

  20. #80
    Member Pntbll309's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    221

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

    ^ I just pulled all that garbage out. Its not needed and its free weight reduction. Of course I did throw a code for no cats, or EGR/AIR but that will all be tuned out.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Post LT header install header issues
    By ob02z28 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 05:10 PM
  2. new header ?
    By 0verkill in forum External Engine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 01:14 PM
  3. !!!Header ?!!!
    By Bender10 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 10:18 PM
  4. Little header help please?
    By 2500HD4X4 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 09:34 PM
  5. header help
    By 1fastgto in forum GTO
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 12:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •