Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Which E-bay Header to buy

This is a discussion on Which E-bay Header to buy within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I was the one who said there'd be fitment issues. If your y is wedged up against the floor, there ...

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I was the one who said there'd be fitment issues. If your y is wedged up against the floor, there are.

Thanks real experience with the Ebay SS Auto or DiscountZoom is alot more helpful than the usual "I heard" or "someone said" Enjoy.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    I was the one who said there'd be fitment issues. If your y is wedged up against the floor, there are.
    If it didnt need a clamp it wouldnt touch. The y went on, no modification, so there is no issue. They went on like they were made for the car, so no issue there.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by rickssz View Post
    Thanks real experience with the Ebay SS Auto or DiscountZoom is alot more helpful than the usual "I heard" or "someone said" Enjoy.
    Thats what I heard too.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by rickssz View Post
    Thank you. If anybody needs any pics of is in the Colorado springs area your more than welcome to see them on the car. Just ask for pics.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Pntbll309 View Post
    I actually had to jack it up about another 10 inches or so to get them in, but I had some room to spare. But all I did was put the front on 10-12'' ramps and once the header was in the hole I had plenty of room to do what ever I needed. Ground clearance is NOT an issue with these. I cannot express how well they fit! Everyones like they fit like crap, or hell theres even a post in this thread where the guy said "You WILL have fitment issues" and guess what.... NONE! Best $440 Ive spent on the car so far. Sound clips will be up, but with the LM2 prepare for rasp.

But with about 20-24'' of clearance the headers went in easy as pie...3' is way TOO far up for them.
    sound clips would be super.

do you feel like doing a write up of how to install them? I guess the big thing I'm interested in is what had to be taken off for easy fit. I think in one pic i saw the coil packs off. I have seen other write ups for other brands, sounds like fun.

I'm still confused about the how high you had the car up for install. it sounds like you said you took it up on jack stands for the install, and the ramps were for afterward. is that accurate? i ask becuase I have a pair of steel ramps that look like yours. I have a stock ride height and would think on the ramps it would be plenty high for an install, just guessing.

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

And the OBX Y only comes with those cat's. How high flow could they be?
    those are resonators not cats my buddy has obx headers on his 01 z28 he loves them.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post
    sound clips would be super.

do you feel like doing a write up of how to install them? I guess the big thing I'm interested in is what had to be taken off for easy fit. I think in one pic i saw the coil packs off. I have seen other write ups for other brands, sounds like fun.

I'm still confused about the how high you had the car up for install. it sounds like you said you took it up on jack stands for the install, and the ramps were for afterward. is that accurate? i ask becuase I have a pair of steel ramps that look like yours. I have a stock ride height and would think on the ramps it would be plenty high for an install, just guessing.
    I used the jack stands to just get the car high enough for the headers to slide into place. And yes I took the coil packs off, it made it a hell of a lot easier to do. As for a write up, Im not too good at that, I wouldnt know what to put. But as for what was taken off, coil packs, and the stock cat back.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

I used the jack stands to just get the car high enough for the headers to slide into place. And yes I took the coil packs off, it made it a hell of a lot easier to do. As for a write up, Im not too good at that, I wouldnt know what to put. But as for what was taken off, coil packs, and the stock cat back.
    cool, thanks. maybe you could hit us with some sound clips.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

cool, thanks. maybe you could hit us with some sound clips.
    I will try, the last time I tried it drowned out the mic on my camera

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

I will try, the last time I tried it drowned out the mic on my camera
    lol... yeah i have listened to a lot of bad ls1sounds.com vids. i'm not a AV expert but it must be frustrating as all get to spend the time making a clip and have it all messed up.

i made a short clip of the engine running under the hood. i was impressed by my first shot. good luck, hope it turns out nice, and look forward to hearing it.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

lol... yeah i have listened to a lot of bad ls1sounds.com vids. i'm not a AV expert but it must be frustrating as all get to spend the time making a clip and have it all messed up.

i made a short clip of the engine running under the hood. i was impressed by my first shot. good luck, hope it turns out nice, and look forward to hearing it.
    If anybody in CO has a decent camera and would help me out would be awesome.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

Closest thing to a sound clip. I couldn't grab for beans. But normally when we go and I can get trac, I get about a car on him. From a roll maybe 1.5-2 cars. My bro did the video.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

nice, i hear what you mean about rasp, but still, sounds nice. i like the sig one board member has, when i gun it i want every one to think the world is coming to an end. that still cracks me up every time. rasp or not, to me its nice having something come alive and scare the bahjesus at out of the unsuspecting.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

nice, i hear what you mean about rasp, but still, sounds nice. i like the sig one board member has, when i gun it i want every one to think the world is coming to an end. that still cracks me up every time. rasp or not, to me its nice having something come alive and scare the bahjesus at out of the unsuspecting.
    I made some pizza delivery woman drop her shit when I goosed it by her. I love it.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

I made some pizza delivery woman drop her shit when I goosed it by her. I love it.
    nice

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

nice
    It was an accident, I didnt know she was there. My friend called me after I left to tell me But man I love them!

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

what did you do about the air fittings since those LTs dont come with any? What codes did you throw except for O2 sensors?

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    what did you do about the air fittings since those LTs dont come with any? What codes did you throw except for O2 sensors?
    Just remove that annoying ass air pump and get it tuned out lol. That's what I plan on doing when I get my lt's. Spaz told me of a place to go get it inspected with lt's, and hes said as long as there's no SES lights, the guy will pass you. It's in the Souderton/ Lansdale area.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

^ I just pulled all that garbage out. Its not needed and its free weight reduction. Of course I did throw a code for no cats, or EGR/AIR but that will all be tuned out.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information