Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Which E-bay Header to buy

This is a discussion on Which E-bay Header to buy within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Well, there are fitment issues with those. Good luck....

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Well, there are fitment issues with those. Good luck.

NBM
    1999 Hardtop Z28

obxs tuck like stock exhaust with only minor modification. i would personally just get pacesetters. best bang for your buck and i have yet to see a car with major clearance issues with them.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Well, there are fitment issues with those. Good luck.
    Maybe, maybe not.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

Bought them Saturday night, And have a tracking number Monday night. And they are due by Thursday night. So we shall see.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by sscamaro22 View Post
    I was thinking about saving up the money to buy american racing headers for $1100 but would these headers be the same quality? or atleast close? I would love to save $500
    I am one of the few in this thread that can actually say I have them. I got them this past Spring. When they arrived, I was very impressed with both the quality and the shipping. Huge box, packed perfectly so none of the parts were damaged.

The headers tucked up easily, no cutting or grinding required. Just slid them up next to the motor and bolted them on.

Its also worth noting that hese headers are made of 321 Stainless, instead of 304 or 409 like most stainless headers. SLP's headers are 409 stainless, which is the cheapest, and it can actually still rust. 321 is aircraft grade, meaning it has the highest resistance to corrosion.

Only issue with the headers is that the driver side collector is angled slightly up towards the floor. The solution is to either have an exhaust shop bend the y-pipe downward a few degrees, or do what I did and get a custom true dual exhaust installed. I've also heard a few people say that the Jet Hot OR-Y will bolt right up and doesn't need modification to clear the floor, but I can't confirm that for sure.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 SGM
    Lid, Pro 5.0, WS6 Short Stick, LS7 Clutch, TB Bypass, Detroit TrueTrac, Poly Mounts, Bilstein Shocks, LS6 Intake, SFCs, CTS-V Brake Upgrade, STB, Nitto 555's. SS Longtube Headers and True Duals w/ H pipe and Magnaflows. Tuned by Harris Speed Works. 341.4WHP/346.1 lb/ft.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I am one of the few in this thread that can actually say I have them. I got them this past Spring. When they arrived, I was very impressed with both the quality and the shipping. Huge box, packed perfectly so none of the parts were damaged.

The headers tucked up easily, no cutting or grinding required. Just slid them up next to the motor and bolted them on.

Its also worth noting that hese headers are made of 321 Stainless, instead of 304 or 409 like most stainless headers. SLP's headers are 409 stainless, which is the cheapest, and it can actually still rust. 321 is aircraft grade, meaning it has the highest resistance to corrosion.

Only issue with the headers is that the driver side collector is angled slightly up towards the floor. The solution is to either have an exhaust shop bend the y-pipe downward a few degrees, or do what I did and get a custom true dual exhaust installed. I've also heard a few people say that the Jet Hot OR-Y will bolt right up and doesn't need modification to clear the floor, but I can't confirm that for sure.
    After looking around, I can say for 100% certainty that these are SSAutochrome headers.

Quote Originally Posted by TommiGunn View Post
    There are a couple of ebay headers that I am looking at. 1. The ones for $240 that firemedic put on. 2. The obx kit for $480 3. There are headers and y-pipe put together on a tarp for $450. If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears. Thanks

Did you get and put the #1 or #2 or #3 on your car. Im having a had time following.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

I bought these:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Heade...spagenameZWDVW

They come from NC not Vegas like it says in the add. SSAutochrome has been banned a few times from my understanding and had to change things so they dont gt banned again...From Ebay that is.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by rickssz View Post
    Did you get and put the #1 or #2 or #3 on your car. Im having a had time following.
    Number 3.

Here is the link, they are just selling them under a different name now:

Link

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Number 3.

Here is the link, they are just selling them under a different name now:

Link
    Am I missing where the description is? How do you know they are 321 stainless steel? and why wouldnt the seller advertise that they are stainless steel? -thanks in advance

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

If you can afford AR then go for it. Having done and re-done headers myself, I don't wanna have to do em again. If you buy the best, you won't be sorry.

Hey bro- what kind of headers did you wind up going with the second time? I am thinking about QTP but not 100% on my decision yet. Thanks

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Pntbll309 View Post
    Why does your sig on LS1 Tech say you have QTP long tubes sitting on your floor waiting to be installed?

1999 Arctic White Trans Am M/6 -
    SLP loudmouth II, SLP Lid/ K&N Filter,
    TNA Short stick, !CAGS

Waiting for install in garage -
    QTP LT's , P/S ORY , PTB , BMR Adj. LCA's

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Hey bro- what kind of headers did you wind up going with the second time? I am thinking about QTP but not 100% on my decision yet. Thanks
    I bought the XS headers from Ebay about 2 years ago. QTPs are great. Cant go wrong there. I'm just saying if I were to do it again I'd go Kooks or QTP.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I bought the XS headers from Ebay about 2 years ago. QTPs are great. Cant go wrong there. I'm just saying if I were to do it again I'd go Kooks or QTP.
    I want to get ones I wont ever have to replace too.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

Why does your sig on LS1 Tech say you have QTP long tubes sitting on your floor waiting to be installed?

1999 Arctic White Trans Am M/6 -
    SLP loudmouth II, SLP Lid/ K&N Filter,
    TNA Short stick, !CAGS

Waiting for install in garage -
    QTP LT's , P/S ORY , PTB , BMR Adj. LCA's
    My buddy owns a speed shop here in the springs, and I ended up returning them. Just havent updated my sig or avvy yet.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Pntbll309 View Post
    My buddy owns a speed shop here in the springs, and I ended up returning them. Just havent updated my sig or avvy yet.
    Cool, just wondering, not tryin to be a dick. Why would you return em? Out of curiousity?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Am I missing where the description is? How do you know they are 321 stainless steel? and why wouldnt the seller advertise that they are stainless steel? -thanks in advance
    Good question. When I bought them, the eBay listing definitely said they were 321 Stainless. However, the previous seller got in trouble for comparing his products to brand name products in his listings, so it looks like he simplified the listing so that the only think it says is that they are headers and Y-pipe to fit LS1 F-bodies.

Here is his official website, with the same headers. They are listed with all the details, including that they are 321 Stainless:

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1698

So what I read here SS Auto (XS SS ) are good (Slight upward tilt on DS collector) the Ypipe no so good Wesman and Inmy01ta have and like them. SS Auto is banned from Ebay and sells from their own site but charges more than the other distributors charge. Guy from LPP was involved with SS Auto but revised the design (Ypipe) and markets them himself and isnt involved with SS Auto. Pntbll309 bought them but hasnt commented yet. Tomigun got the Lpp and hasnt commented. I think Im caught up, did I miss any thing?

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

I'm waiting to hear about the LPP ones.

Considered the eBay headers but many mentions of the DS collector problem, and that it is fixed on the LPP make me strongly lean toward the LPP.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am

Cool, just wondering, not tryin to be a dick. Why would you return em? Out of curiousity?
    Price...By returning them I have enough to buy an LS6 intake mani which would get me more power than the QTP's would over these Ebay/XS/SSautochrome would. The QTP's are very nice and look awesome, but Im about going fast, and these headers arent going to be that much worse than QTP's.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information