Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 CAMARO SS

Dyno on the SS today.

I just had my exhaust system done minus the cutout, did the tune and dyno, results were 326 rwhp 331 TQ. I think these are decent numbers considering that the stock rwhp for a M6 was around 287 rwhp.
    Now I know that this number 287 rwhp to would seem incorrect to some, I have read thread after thread about How someones bone stock LS1 dynoed over 310 or they read that it is 320 rwhp. I need to know the facts
    and it seems that they are hard to come by. Right now I am under the assumption that my upgrade just added 40 rwhp to my car, I guess I should have dynoed before upgrades.

1999 SS NBM. Hard top M6,
    TS LT's ~ TS Catted Y-pipe ~ Magna-Flow Cat-back With Cut-out.
    Tune ~ SLP Lid smooth bellows ~ SLP #4263 of 4829
    Next up ~ Pro-5.0 with LSS ~ Mild Cam

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Without a baseline pull prior to the mods, it is probably tough to gauge. Better to turn a pass or two at the track for some real world results imo. Also, there are significant differences in numbers between dyno brands from all the reading I have done. Makes it even more difficult to know what you actually have. Generally speaking, long tube headers and a good exhaust to back it up will net you 25-35 h.p. on our cars. A tune can be worth another 10 to 15 in and of itself. That puts you in the same neighborhood as your actual numbers.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Mustang Dyno? Like Jeff said, track times are ideal to tell how your car is running.
    Your tuner should be able to pull up the baseline and tell you what you gained from the tune

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Without a baseline pull prior to the mods, it is probably tough to gauge. Better to turn a pass or two at the track for some real world results imo. Also, there are significant differences in numbers between dyno brands from all the reading I have done. Makes it even more difficult to know what you actually have. Generally speaking, long tube headers and a good exhaust to back it up will net you 25-35 h.p. on our cars. A tune can be worth another 10 to 15 in and of itself. That puts you in the same neighborhood as your actual numbers.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 CAMARO SS

Thanks for the Info guys.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

GMHTP just ran a couple of dyno articles that detailed the differences in how the hp and torque calculations are made, what sort of "adjustments" an operator can input that skew the numbers, and other interesting info. The Dragtimes website has an interesting conversion calculator -- inputting my et's, trap speed and weight it spits out 377 flywheel hp for my car. That is right in line with my guesstimate based upon the mods installed to date.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Sounds about right. I was at 330rwhp and 342rwtq after my exhaust/headers/lid/tune on my M6. I lost a little through the 9". That was on a Mustang Dyno.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Thread Information