Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dont get it !!!

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Dont get it !!!

Stupid question because as much as ive looked underneath my car i dont know this. Are the cats on my 01 Z28 on my headers or ypipe, i want to buy the SLP ypipe and put it on replacing my stock ypipe and i want to eliminate the cats buy doing this. I know this would work if the cats are on the stock ypipe so replacing it with a ypipe that doesnt have cats will accomplish this. Whats confusing me is that i read a post that replacing the ypipe will not delete the cats even if its an ORY. Did the guy mean if its a 98-00 camaro if you replace it with the SLP it keeps the stock cat because they have one underneath the passneger side or does it replace the cats that are on the stock ypipe and this SLP one just goes into place and ive deleted my cats. I dont get it, does anyone know and sorry for the confusion i just want to delete my cats and want to make sure that the SLP ypipe will do that for my 01Z28 without any mods other then swapping ypipes.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

I wouldn't get the SLP Y since you will still have to get cat delete pipes or have some made, etc. Just get a good ORY like the Bassani BX. I think its like $250 or so.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

ok good thats what i figured where can i get the bassani version ive searched online on jegs but no look and summit maybe im not typing the write wording.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    I wouldn't get the SLP Y since you will still have to get cat delete pipes or have some made, etc. Just get a good ORY like the Bassani BX. I think its like $250 or so.
    X2, the SLP Y keeps the stock cats. You need Bassani, PM sent with a link to a place to buy them

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks BlackSS1, i did a search there to another link for 00-02 i came up with this http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...roducts_id=159
    so this ypipe even though it looks really short will hook up to my headers all the way back to my catback ?
    Last edited by karpetcm; 01-06-2009 at 05:31 PM.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

i also just messaged them so at the same time ill wait for there response, thanks for the help guys.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Thats not a picture of it. They even say something to that effect, but yes, that is the part you want.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

The one shown in the picture to the link does not look right. May just be wrong pic for the right part tho.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    The one shown in the picture to the link does not look right. May just be wrong pic for the right part tho.
    "Image shown may not represent actual product - click to enlarge"

Straight from the link...

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

LOL, no doubt its the wrong pic after seeing it that big and in bold i got hit in the head and my eyes opened up.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    LOL, no doubt its the wrong pic after seeing it that big and in bold i got hit in the head and my eyes opened up.
    lol. Yea, not sure what its for, but I don't think its for a 4th gen.

pewter
    2002 Tans am WS6 M6

First a stock engine does not have shorty headers. The engine comes stock with cast iron exhaust manifolds. OK now this is how the parts are lined up coming out of your engin. each exhaust port comes out the side and into a single designated pipe in the manifold (4 on each side) and then to a collector (one on each side). From port to collector is the start and end of this part "exhaust manifold. Then the manifold bolts up to the stock catalitic converter. Dirvers side is short and passenger side a little longer, maybe a foot. This is also where you will see your o2 sensors in the side of the pipe with wires running to them. So the cats start at the manifold and end a Y pipe. After the cats the factory Y pipe bolts directly to the down stream side and heads back to where you exhaust pipe and muffler meets up. There is a totall of 6 parts from the engine to the tail pipe of the car.
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I just checked with them and the bassani is not in stock and they will discontinue making them, i think he said stainless still makes them but not sure on the price with my luck ofcourse more expensive.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    "Image shown may not represent actual product - click to enlarge"

Straight from the link...
    What are you tryin to say?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

^^^ lol

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Just looked at there site and found out how much stainless costs, lol what a rip. Its ok ill just gut my cats out and call it a day.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

why not just do headers with an ORY?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Wont be doing headers at all, ive done headers on all my camaro's meaning 4 others and theyve all had leaks and you wont even imagine the great lenghts ive gone to make sure they would never leak to begin with, even leaked on my M3 in between all the piping that meat up, bad headers from the seller and they were brand new, lol. So headers is not for me and if i want more power ill just add nitrous. Exhuast shops around my area on top of it charge you a grip of money as soon as they hear you want headers put on your car, all they hear is ching ching ching. With the set up i have i should be about 315-320 rwhp and with 150wet shot of nitrous ill easily be 400+rwhp no problem and thats more then enough for me. I wish i had the same luck most of you guys have had with headers, i envy you guys lol.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

that's why god invented welders. I have mine on there with band clamps and don't have any leaking issues really. Not enough to bother me but my car is loud as hell to begin with so even if it leaks you probably wouldn't hear it.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

LOL, well hopefully one day i will have luck like yours till then im gonna play it safe i think i have had enough header leaks to last me a lifetime.

Thread Information