green
    94 z28

Do electric water pumps pump enough water for daily use?

Well, I've thought about it and it just doesn't seem like the pumps could pump enough water for daily use. I probably drive around 500 miles a week on weeks that I'm not spending days just driving around for fun. Usually about 70 miles a day just to go to college and back. The Meziere Electric Water Pump will pump 55 gallons a minute. Is that enough for a v8 with 400+ horsepower as a daily driver?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You bet...the negative of those pumps is the life expectancy of around 1000-1500 hours.....if you consider that a negative...

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

green
    94 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    You bet...the negative of those pumps is the life expectancy of around 1000-1500 hours.....if you consider that a negative...
    I did some super quick math and if that 1,000 hours is driving hours then it'd last 2 years or just under 2 years. Not sure if $550 is worth that. Anyone use them and have any feedback?

Black
    2000 Trans Am

I have had mine for about 2 months now and it works great. I havent had any problems with it at all. The Mizierre LS1 electric water pump comes with a 180 thermo. The car can run all day with the temp just below 200 degrees. The only thing that I dont like about it is that with the A4 stopped at a light with the turn signal on the volt gage goes down to around 13, the radar detector says that it goes down to around 12.5. I should just turn up the idol speed with my predator tho.

Laugh while you can... mistermike's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

With a Meziere, make sure you don't put the thermostat in the inlet, like the OEM pump. Almost everyone, including myself, makes that mistake, because the instructions are clear as mud. It works, but temps are higher than they should be. Moving it to the outlet (Under the pipe that says LS-1) works much better. Meziere pumps equivalent to engine running at 4500 RPM.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

I took a look at the wiring diagram and different routes to wire it in on the internet and decided I should let someone with more expience do it.... I let the dealership put it on.

Thread Information