Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Dirty Fuel :(

This is a discussion on Dirty Fuel :( within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; i had the very same thing happen two years ago,ruined everything http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...524#post462524...

i had the very same thing happen two years ago,ruined everything http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...524#post462524

Black
    2005 GTO

Are gas station even allowed to us metal tanks in the ground anymore here in the states? It seems like about 5 years ago it was manditory for all station to us some type of plastic tank due to the metal rusting away and gas going into the ground. I remember a local mom&pop place up at the lake in NY closed due to not having the funds to change the tanks so they closed down.

White
    2002 VY SS

The fuel company finally called me back today. Now starts the long process of getting some of my hard earned back...

Kage: Noice avatar mate

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

I don't know about overseas but www.toptiergas.com has the approved stations for GM vehicles that have met requirements of BMW,GM and others

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA View Post
    i had the very same thing happen two years ago,ruined everything http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...524#post462524
    From not changing your filter enough? Or the gas station you buy from has bad tanks? Or?

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by KageSS View Post
    Thanks mate.
    dirty ol' kage always posting pics of my girlfriends

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    From not changing your filter enough? Or the gas station you buy from has bad tanks? Or?
    are you serious?not changing the fuel filter enough??????????????????you don't know much about cars i take it?

White
    '10 ZR1

are you serious?not changing the fuel filter enough??????????????????you don't know much about cars i take it?
    Look at the pictures smart guy........I'll match whits with you any day pal. My point was you were acting as if your problems were identical to his. How the f*ck would you know? You weren't there, you don't know where he lives or the quality of gas he puts in his tank. There are too many variable for you to make that statement.

Look at the pictures smart guy........I'll match whits with you any day pal.
    well then smart guy wtf are you talking about?

looks EXACTLY like mine!.everything was eatten to sheeet!

White
    '10 ZR1

looks EXACTLY like mine!.everything was eatten to sheeet!
    Wasn't your alleged/supposed reason because of ethanol blended fuel?

Wasn't your alleged/supposed reason because of ethanol blended fuel?
    no shiit,you read the post.wtf is your problem?point is these returnless fuel systems are easily damaged.

White
    '10 ZR1

no shiit,you read the post.wtf is your problem?point is these fbody fuel system are easily damaged.
    I have no problem. Isn't any fuel system easily damaged?

I have no problem. Isn't any fuel system easily damaged?
    no,most are built to withstand quite a bit of chemicals or damage from water-mix.I have a 89 camaro with 211k on it that used the EXACT same fuel without any damage except the fuel pump died.

White
    '10 ZR1

no,most are built to withstand quite a bit of chemicals or damage from water-mix.I have a 89 camaro with 211k on it that used the EXACT same fuel without any damage except the fuel pump died.
    That's interesting. What exactly are the differences (other than the returnless design, if that applies) in the two fuel systems. I'd like to know, especially since you seem to be the fuel/fuel system expert, you're the perfect person to ask. What materials are different? Are the materials of construction different in the pumps? Do the fuel rails have the same metallurgy? Are the feed lines made of the same material? If not, what are they?

White
    2002 VY SS

That's interesting. What exactly are the differences (other than the returnless design, if that applies) in the two fuel systems. I'd like to know, especially since you seem to be the fuel/fuel system expert, you're the perfect person to ask. What materials are different? Are the materials of construction different in the pumps? Do the fuel rails have the same metallurgy? Are the feed lines made of the same material? If not, what are they?
    The fuel lines in my car were able to be flushed and anti corrosion treated. The shit in the lines looked more like a corrosion than a rust, as compared to the injector rails that, like the pump, looked like they came from the ocean. So I'd reckon the line and rail material are somewhat different.

I mentioned the fuel filter being changed every 12 months or 20000kms (12-13000 miles) as this is what my tuner/mechanic recommends. The service schedule for the Oz 02 SS states every 2 years or 40000kms (24-25000 miles).

The rust I picked up from the servo completely contaminated the fuel to a dirty brown colour when shaken with movement, and easily makes it past the filter, so changing the filter twice as often certainly wouldn't hurt.

-Bug-

Damn I Never Changed My Filter Yet ! Where Is It ?
    Last edited by Danger731; 11-16-2006 at 08:12 PM. Reason: SP
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red

2009 CTS4 Ice Black

2013 1500 Silverado Z71

02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

White
    2002 VY SS

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    Damn I Never Changed My Filter Yet ! Where Is It ?
    Mine is mounted in front of the fuel tank under the trunk floor. Most vehicles the filter is close to the tank and just after the pump.

I'm thinking of installing a second filter in the engine bay near the firewall. One of those glass jobbies that allows you to see the colour of the fuel passing through it and any crap it picks up.

White
    2002 VY SS

Quote Originally Posted by KageSS View Post
    I think those are for carbs only bug.
    mmm, I'll have to ask around and see if someone makes a high pressure one.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebug View Post
    The fuel lines in my car were able to be flushed and anti corrosion treated. The shit in the lines looked more like a corrosion than a rust, as compared to the injector rails that, like the pump, looked like they came from the ocean. So I'd reckon the line and rail material are somewhat different.

I mentioned the fuel filter being changed every 12 months or 20000kms (12-13000 miles) as this is what my tuner/mechanic recommends. The service schedule for the Oz 02 SS states every 2 years or 40000kms (24-25000 miles).

The rust I picked up from the servo completely contaminated the fuel to a dirty brown colour when shaken with movement, and easily makes it past the filter, so changing the filter twice as often certainly wouldn't hurt.

-Bug-

I hear ya Bug, my biggest contention in the whole thread was if you were picking your contamination up from the tanks at the gas station. That's all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information