Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 76 of 76

CUTOUTS (yes/no)

This is a discussion on CUTOUTS (yes/no) within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by knappbunch yep it is gone n/a 402 already made 516 to the wheels and we have some ...

  1. #61
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by knappbunch View Post
    yep it is gone n/a 402 already made 516 to the wheels and we have some more tunning to do once we get the new o2 sensors and racetronics wiring kit for feul pump. already close to 80 more hp to the wheels and much more user friendly.
    Honestly I'm shocked your car wasn't faster and didn't make more power with the turbo. Mines a stock car except the LS6 intake, Comp 918 springs, and the BABY cam, and it makes right at 500 on only 5lbs of boost. Seems like something was up with your setup maybe.

  2. #62
    Member knappbunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    virginia beach
    Posts
    732

    red
    2002 ss camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Honestly I'm shocked your car wasn't faster and didn't make more power with the turbo. Mines a stock car except the LS6 intake, Comp 918 springs, and the BABY cam, and it makes right at 500 on only 5lbs of boost. Seems like something was up with your setup maybe.
    I had a smaller turbo and I don't know what the situation was but never made over 438 hp on the dyno. I had completely stock ls1 even though it had ls6 intake

  3. #63
    Member RageAgainstTheMinivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Burnsville, MN
    Age
    34
    Posts
    216
    99 Hugger Z28, 03 R6

    Has anyone fabricated/bought a y-pipe with dual cutouts and cleared subframe connectors? All the pics I can find with dual y-pipe cutouts have no sfc's. Also, the engine has a few bolt ons and is sprayed, someday heads/cam. Is it worth installing dual cut outs for future upgrades? Or is it such a little hp improvement it would be a waste of time and money for dual cutouts?

    I have mid length headers, upgrading to longtubes, ory, flowmaster c/b, and slp sfc. I want to ditch the flowmaster for something else. Just not sure what to plan.

  4. #64
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Age
    80
    Posts
    26

    Metallic Red/Charcoal
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Where can i get a DMH cutout that you guys are talking about.

    Looking for the best cutout for the price i guess
    www.dmhperformance.com

    By far the best. I have a pair on my 2000 Z28 w/T56 & a pair on my 1998 Z28 w/4L60E. They dont show any gain on the Dino but they Dam sure sound good. Both mine are the wide mouth like the ones shown above. Get their phone # from the website, the guy that owns the place will probably answer the phone. Ask about the wide ones. He'll take the time to talk to ya.

  5. #65
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by knappbunch View Post
    I had a smaller turbo and I don't know what the situation was but never made over 438 hp on the dyno. I had completely stock ls1 even though it had ls6 intake
    That sounds about right for what you had from what I've seen.

    1st though the LS6 intake is stock for your 2002 so in essence your engine was completely stock.
    Something else to take into consideration is the fact that the 01-02 cars have the very small truck camshaft stock, only around .460 lift or so.

    I've seen a couple of bone stock LS1's on the chassis dyno with only a procharger added and they seemed to put up around the same numbers you posted,,,,I never saw one over 450 hp to the rear wheels. Seems yours was right on par with that considering so many variables that take affect.

  6. #66
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Move View Post
    www.dmhperformance.com

    By far the best. I have a pair on my 2000 Z28 w/T56 & a pair on my 1998 Z28 w/4L60E. They dont show any gain on the Dino but they Dam sure sound good. Both mine are the wide mouth like the ones shown above. Get their phone # from the website, the guy that owns the place will probably answer the phone. Ask about the wide ones. He'll take the time to talk to ya.
    I'll second that,,,,I lived right down the street from his shop and dealt with him personally. Dave is a super nice guy. Great product, awesome warranty. I have a pair on my chevelle and I'm hooked.

  7. #67
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by knappbunch View Post
    I had a smaller turbo and I don't know what the situation was but never made over 438 hp on the dyno. I had completely stock ls1 even though it had ls6 intake
    True, but on a stock motor I wouldn't think that would make much of a difference. I don't even have a intercooler or meth kit. Didn't yours have a intercooler on it?

  8. #68
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    i'm honestly not sure if my piping is stainless steel or not, that will make a difference when it comes to welding it right?

  9. #69
    Member RageAgainstTheMinivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Burnsville, MN
    Age
    34
    Posts
    216
    99 Hugger Z28, 03 R6

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    i'm honestly not sure if my piping is stainless steel or not, that will make a difference when it comes to welding it right?
    You can weld stainless its just a little harder. Its like trying to weld a pop can, the heat blasts through the metal easy.

  10. #70
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    ok thanks, i guess i should just expect to pay more

  11. #71
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheMinivan View Post
    Has anyone fabricated/bought a y-pipe with dual cutouts and cleared subframe connectors? All the pics I can find with dual y-pipe cutouts have no sfc's. Also, the engine has a few bolt ons and is sprayed, someday heads/cam. Is it worth installing dual cut outs for future upgrades? Or is it such a little hp improvement it would be a waste of time and money for dual cutouts?

    I have mid length headers, upgrading to longtubes, ory, flowmaster c/b, and slp sfc. I want to ditch the flowmaster for something else. Just not sure what to plan.
    QTP will clear with SFC, and if you plan a H/C N2O full bolt on, then yes they will benefit you a bunch...

  12. #72
    Member knappbunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    virginia beach
    Posts
    732

    red
    2002 ss camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    True, but on a stock motor I wouldn't think that would make much of a difference. I don't even have a intercooler or meth kit. Didn't yours have a intercooler on it?
    no it just never got to where I wanted it then i grenaded two sleeves so I went this route.

  13. #73
    Junior Member migueelw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NC
    Age
    44
    Posts
    65

    Red w/stripes
    02 Camaro SS 35th Anniv.

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    QTP will clear with SFC, and if you plan a H/C N2O full bolt on, then yes they will benefit you a bunch...
    What's your thoughts on boosted applications? I'm s/c with Kooks headers and hooker catback. Does it make sense for me to go wth the cutouts? I'm only interested in performance not sound. Currently it makes 600rwhp can't remember the torque.

  14. #74
    Junior Member slp1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    oc/las vegas
    Posts
    79

    pewter
    2000 camaro ss

    Quote Originally Posted by migueelw View Post
    What's your thoughts on boosted applications? I'm s/c with Kooks headers and hooker catback. Does it make sense for me to go wth the cutouts? I'm only interested in performance not sound. Currently it makes 600rwhp can't remember the torque.
    im curious about that as well. headers help with scavenging but i don't think that would make a difference on a car that's being forced air. who has info?

  15. #75
    Member FRCBobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    202

    Pewter
    2000 FRC Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Where can i get a DMH cutout that you guys are talking about. I found some different electric cutouts on ebay for like 120, has anyone on here gone with the different ebay cutouts?

    Looking for the best cutout for the price i guess
    I can hook you up with a DMH cutout.

  16. #76
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by migueelw View Post
    What's your thoughts on boosted applications? I'm s/c with Kooks headers and hooker catback. Does it make sense for me to go wth the cutouts? I'm only interested in performance not sound. Currently it makes 600rwhp can't remember the torque.
    Quote Originally Posted by slp1122 View Post
    im curious about that as well. headers help with scavenging but i don't think that would make a difference on a car that's being forced air. who has info?
    Boosted applications will bennefit greatly from cutouts....major bonus...

    If you think about it, try blowing water through a 25 foot garden hose casually, not real hard, but try the same waywith a 5 foot hose.... way easier...

    Thinking from a boosted point of view, try with every thing you got to do the same with that 25fter, your likely to become blue in the face, try it with the 5er and it will clear out soo much easier....

    same concept different application... ask again if that didnt help...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The e-cutouts are fun....
    By Mr. Luos in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 08:29 PM
  2. cutouts
    By ls1wallen in forum External Engine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 11:20 PM
  3. Cutouts open/cutouts closed
    By Mr. Luos in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-31-2007, 03:07 PM
  4. cutouts...
    By RyanoLS1on in forum External Engine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 07:12 AM
  5. FS...cutouts
    By Demonicbird00 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2005, 09:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •