Thread: Corsa exhaust

SOM

Corsa exhaust

Finally got the hear the corsa at WOT since I installed it over the winter but had to baby the car due to the ford 8.8 install (put new gears in)

it doesn't sound too bad- we added a custom 3" Y-pipe into the mix since the factory Y-pipe doesn't clear the sphon chassis mount torque arm with a D/S loop...go figure

Picked up the infamous floor rattle with the 3" y-pipe under certain loads when taking off, Im sure a set of poly motor mounts should fix that...atleast I hope...

It could be a tad louder at idle, but overall I guess I am pretty happy...headers and high flow cats next year should really wake the car up and make it that tad louder that I want it...

On a side note, these bolt up exhausts seem to have play to them that you can hear them move when going over bumps...is there a fix for that?

SOM

apparently I can't post up a video clip though because I am getting a post denied and something about a limited number of URLs ...weird?

Midnight Blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

The exhaust is moving around when going over bumps? More hangers and weld the exhaust up. Should stiffen things right up.

Lets see some pics/ details of the 8.8 build. I have been dragging my feet on my 8.8 install figuring out the torque arm.

SOM

Ya, I've used all the hangars that came with the system- I'm hesitant about welding it up because it is the bolt in Corsa system and if I go to sell it later down the road to say run just turn downs lol, it really devalues it.

I need to investigate which way it is moving and see if I can maybe add or modify an existing hangar to tighten it up.

The 8.8 build was done by a guy local here - he actually welds the bracked to the back of the diff housing. There is a special way to do it, but the why / how is better left to him. He's on another forum, not sure if he is on this one as well... I could PM you his details if you want. I know he has made a ton of these that have gone as fast as 8 seconds last I heard and no one has broken them yet.

I'll get some pictures up soon.

I ran 4.10's in it last year, went down to 3.73's this year. I'm running 31 spline axles from moser with the trak lock diff out of an explorer. We have 9" Ford ends pieces welded on the end of the tubes so I utilize a big Ford 9" bearing for the axles. Other than that inbetween those plates and the diff is the Chevy 10 bolt tubes so that everything suspension wise lines up and bolt in as if it was factory made.

You'll need to run an adjustable torque arm unless you like your pinion angle to be off and your factory one to ride up against the tunnel housing lol

I'll get some pictures up soon...as well as a video of the corsa setup as soon as I am allowed to post links!

Thread Information