white
    1995 LT1

Corsa Cat-Back too Loud!

Hey guys just want to see if any of you guys can help me out! I have a LT1 with a 383 stroker. I have headers on it, no Cat and a Corsa exhaust system. This thing is way to loud! Its not even fun driving it on the street because is just so loud! I bought the Corsa because I read that its supposed to be quiet untill you give it WOT. Well its just plain loud and I dont like it. Maby I got a defective kit or is it just because the motor is worked? I was going to try another system like the B&B TRI-FLO, but I just dont want to spend the money if it doenst quite it up at all! I was hopping some of you guys have had this experience and can help me out!

Thanks!!!

I have the Corsa on my car and it sounds great (stock headers/cats). LT's and no cats is why it's so loud. I think you'll have the same problem if you just buy another system. Maybe you can add something else to the system to quiet it down some?

white
    1995 LT1

Great thanks for the response! I will stick a cat back on it!

black
    97 6-speed corvette

Quote Originally Posted by jmangler
    Hey guys just want to see if any of you guys can help me out! I have a LT1 with a 383 stroker. I have headers on it, no Cat and a Corsa exhaust system. This thing is way to loud! Its not even fun driving it on the street because is just so loud! I bought the Corsa because I read that its supposed to be quiet untill you give it WOT. Well its just plain loud and I dont like it. Maby I got a defective kit or is it just because the motor is worked? I was going to try another system like the B&B TRI-FLO, but I just dont want to spend the money if it doenst quite it up at all! I was hopping some of you guys have had this experience and can help me out!

Thanks!!!
    I have the corsa pace car exhaust (the loud one) on my vette thats has slight mods (no headers) with gutted cats. It is quiet at cruise then really loud when you hit it. In my avatar you will see a B&B TRI-FLO exhaust, I had it on for one day and took it off (sent it back). It was their louder one but sounded quieter than my stock exhaust. Every other year I would put the cats back on my corsa set-up for a day to pass emissions and oddly enough the idle is louder and gurglier(is that a word?). Sounds great at idle but definately is quieter at cruise and wide open. But who knows with your set-up it might act different.

black
    97 6-speed corvette

Just noticed you stated 1995 LT1 not LS1, I should of at least noticed the year, its early here. Probably has whole different exhaust note itself.

maroon
    2001 Z28

LT1 is going to be louder than an LS1 w/ the same set up, the iron block has something to do w/ it being louder. B&B tri-flo is kinda quiet, my buddy has an 01 SS w/ pacesetter long tubes, tsp off road ypipe, and B&B, it sounds great at WOT, but very quiet at idle and cruise.....b&b costs way toooo much cash for me though, $800 is to much for a catback IMO.

white
    1995 LT1

Have any of you guys tried a flo-master muffler or a magnaflo muffler? I should be able to get away with just changing the muffler its self , but I never heard a Flo-master or magna flo on a camaro LT1. I dont know if it will be loud or not.....

maroon
    2001 Z28

^flow master is junk, very restrictive. My friend picked up 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile by just removing the flowmaster muffler.

white
    1995 LT1

Quote Originally Posted by 01mmmz28
    ^flow master is junk, very restrictive. My friend picked up 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile by just removing the flowmaster muffler.

Thanks for the good info!

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Putting some type of cats back on will help, or you can try a borla or dynomax bullet muffler in the I-pipe after the Y. More info here:
    http://www.ls1sounds.com/
    look at the Borla-mouth and Dyno-mouth setups.
    Hammer - hammertime.us
    2001 Light Pewter Metallic Camaro SS, 6 speed
    K&N, SLP Lid, SLP y-pipe, GMMG cat-back, Lou's Short Stick - more to come!

white
    1995 LT1

I'm going to put a Hi-Flo cat back on their and Go with a Magnaflo Muffler. I checked out all the sound clips, and it seems like the Magnaflo is one of the more quiet mufflers, but it still gives a good sound! Thanks for all of your help guys!

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I'm going to put a Hi-Flo cat back on their and Go with a Magnaflo Muffler. I checked out all the sound clips, and it seems like the Magnaflo is one of the more quiet mufflers, but it still gives a good sound! Thanks for all of your help guys!
    I re-read your original post and saw that you we're running a Corsa. If I recall, the salesman I bought my SS from later bought an '02 identical to mine. He put SLP LT's and cats on there with a Corsa Cat-back. It was definitely loud when he was on it, but it shut up real quick at cruise and idle. I know you have an LT1, but it wouldn't hurt to try cats first, then another cat-back system if its still to loud for you.

Arctic White
    2001 Camaro SS

you'll be surprised how that thing will sound at WOT...MEAN

Will be quiet at idle though

white
    2001 camaross

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    I re-read your original post and saw that you we're running a Corsa. If I recall, the salesman I bought my SS from later bought an '02 identical to mine. He put SLP LT's and cats on there with a Corsa Cat-back. It was definitely loud when he was on it, but it shut up real quick at cruise and idle. I know you have an LT1, but it wouldn't hurt to try cats first, then another cat-back system if its still to loud for you.

Sounds familar, was he from weber in columbia IL,
    Scott

white
    1995 LT1

Well I'm putting the hi-flo cat on first, and if that doesn't queit it up enough I will change out the muffler..

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 01camaross
    Sounds familar, was he from weber in columbia IL,
    Scott
    Yes he was - I thought he still worked there, but I haven't seen him in a while. That guy has had more cars though than anyone else I know. I guess its tough being a sales person and seeing all the cool stuff that people trade in to get a new car, as well as the new stuff available.

white
    2001 camaross

Yes he was - I thought he still worked there, but I haven't seen him in a while. That guy has had more cars though than anyone else I know. I guess its tough being a sales person and seeing all the cool stuff that people trade in to get a new car, as well as the new stuff available.
    Yes i know, (it's very hard) i work at weber also. he told me about his car and i thought it sounded familiar. you have the gmmg exhuast iv noticed iv heard it on a gmmg car by berger 1 of 2 with 475 HP and i was thinkin about forkin the money out and buying that exhaust but wanted to hear it on a semi stock car first.
    Scott

Thread Information