boycott wal-mart

silver
    98 T/A WS6

which cold air package is better?

im looking at either the SLP "FlowPac" Cold-Air Package or the Volant Cold Air Induction package. i have heard good things about the SLP package but nothing on the Volant. anybody have one or know someone who does?

boycott wal-mart

silver
    98 T/A WS6

c'mon, nobody has the volant?

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I just installed the Volant CAI last weekend.... I am so glad I went Volant. So much better than the SLP lid. Plus it fits snug under the hood and seals up to the hood. Looks amazing under the hood. Compliments the ram-air hood. Sounds awesome and I noticed some strong gains, because I had installed a borla exhaust 2 months ago. The car breathes so much better. Works great if you have an exhaust kit.

Go with Volant. It costs a little more than the others, but worth so much more in quality and performance. Go with the best, don't go cheap.

boycott wal-mart

silver
    98 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 1TA LS1 View Post
    I just installed the Volant CAI last weekend.... I am so glad I went Volant. So much better than the SLP lid. Plus it fits snug under the hood and seals up to the hood. Looks amazing under the hood. Compliments the ram-air hood. Sounds awesome and I noticed some strong gains, because I had installed a borla exhaust 2 months ago. The car breathes so much better. Works great if you have an exhaust kit.

Go with Volant. It costs a little more than the others, but worth so much more in quality and performance. Go with the best, don't go cheap.
    yah, i was leaning toward that, i just havent heard much about volant.

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Yup. I felt the same way, b/c I couldn't find anything about Volant on our cars. But, I took the chance and I highly recommend it. I had the lid wasn't that impressed. Volant is awesome.

-I don't have that smooth bellow thing. I was thinking about getting it, but I am kind of skeptical of that. I don't see how that would make a difference.

-Also, I don't have the Free Cold Air mod, where you cut the bottom of the air box to get air from bottom bumper. I think that would just produce more dirt and crap to come up into the engine bay, the extra .03 hp is not worth the hassle.

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

I'd go SLP.
    But that Volant looks like its going to flow alot better than the SLP.

Currently I have the SLP, I like it because its more of a stock option since you could by a Camaro with an SLP Package.

And my SLP came on the car when I bought it.
    00 Z28 M6 T-tops
    00 SS A4 T-tops (Sold)
    99 Corvette M6 (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 Coupe (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 T-tops (Sold)

boycott wal-mart

silver
    98 T/A WS6

what about the k&n fipk? it says it adds like 10 hp, so does the slp air box for like 200 less. why would someone buy the fipk?

boycott wal-mart

silver
    98 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 1TA LS1 View Post
    Yup. I felt the same way, b/c I couldn't find anything about Volant on our cars. But, I took the chance and I highly recommend it. I had the lid wasn't that impressed. Volant is awesome.

-I don't have that smooth bellow thing. I was thinking about getting it, but I am kind of skeptical of that. I don't see how that would make a difference.

-Also, I don't have the Free Cold Air mod, where you cut the bottom of the air box to get air from bottom bumper. I think that would just produce more dirt and crap to come up into the engine bay, the extra .03 hp is not worth the hassle.
    is it that much of a difference between the slp lid/filter that is like $150 cheaper?

Thread Information