Thread: cats gutted

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

cats gutted

well i ended up going that route since it was not worth it to me to get a ORY for just having stock headers. I have to admit it made a good difference top end power and throttle response, the quicker throttle response was a bit suprising to me though. The guy said it was in bad shape my cat and the particles coming out were dark grey or black. I think for 40 bucks it was well worth it the car does sound a bit raspy in the low end but sounds insane once you get above 3k even. Ill put an electric opener on my exhuast cut out and ill be good to go. What electric opener for the cut out would you guys recommend thats reliable and easy to install?

I just checked the prices, and I thought they were alot cheaper. QTP 3" was $170, and DMH and Raceready were over $200 before taxes and S+H. I figured that was insane, so I would just get the QTP. They were the first to comeout w/ it.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by blkSS98 View Post
    I just checked the prices, and I thought they were alot cheaper. QTP 3" was $170, and DMH and Raceready were over $200 before taxes and S+H. I figured that was insane, so I would just get the QTP. They were the first to comeout w/ it.
    I went with dual QTP's but most will say DMH, and they have a valid point of a way better warranty and customer help, but i have not had a problem with my QTP's

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I might just go with QTP's, i know some people have had problems with them but from the people i know that have put them on, no complaints. Im getting use to the loud exhuast and when the car warms up it sounds deeper and a bit better. I was expecting it to sound worse and really raspy but its a trade off for a bit more power.

Thread Information