Cat delete

This is a discussion on Cat delete within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; what are the gains, if any, from deleting your cats? also will i need one of those 02 sims so ...

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Cat delete

what are the gains, if any, from deleting your cats? also will i need one of those 02 sims so i don't throw a code? i'm sure it'll sound better. i'm gonna hae some exhaust tips welded on and was thinking about having the cats at the same time.

Trans Am owner
    former

yeah, now with my new magnaflow, I was wondering if a cat delete would be worth it. I hear about guys that take em off, and just hollow them out.

I am lookin for a little more volume too.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

i was just going to have them cut off and swapped out with regular pipe. i think the drivers side might be a pain in the ass though. would like to know how much they would normally charge for this. i plan on LT's but i probably won't be able to get them till my next birthday in june. for now i'm just looking to free up the flow as much as possible. i've already got a lid,(not installed yet), hooker aero chamber, ported the MAF, and i'll probably try and get a electric cut out before i redeploy in jan/feb. the cats i wanted to get done while i'm home for R&R. which is coming up in a couple of weeks so i figure freeing up the flow usually helps with gas mileage and these days every little bit helps. i'de swap the plugs and wires out but the wife will probably gripe about me working on the car while i'm home for R&R and i'm not going to pay for someone to do a job i can easily do for free.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

i had my cats taken off and had straight pipes put into place. noticably louder(more volume) and noticably difference in top end speed.

Thread Information