Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can you run true duals over each side of the axle?

This is a discussion on Can you run true duals over each side of the axle? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Ahh, okay, thankyou. It just got me thinking and I was curious. Many thanks. Larry....

Ahh, okay, thankyou. It just got me thinking and I was curious. Many thanks. Larry.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

So has anyone done this themselves or know anyone who has? Anyone have any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    This brings up a question. If someone were to go with a Bassani exhaust,,,and has the panhard relocation setup,,,,(I don't but this peaked my interest) Would the Bassani work? Since one pipe already goes under the panhard bar I would think a relocation bracket might complicate things on this setup? Could you please clearify this mrr23?
    Good question.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by socmninja View Post
    So has anyone done this themselves or know anyone who has? Anyone have any pictures?
    I can't help with that.

But, why are you asking? It works fine to run both pipes over the axle on the passenger side.
    Just looking to do it different or what?
    Inquiring minds want to know....at least mine anyways.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I can't help with that.

But, why are you asking? It works fine to run both pipes over the axle on the passenger side.
    Just looking to do it different or what?
    Inquiring minds want to know....at least mine anyways.

yes. I have a friend who is working on his and has found a way to do a true dual setup very cheaply but he says it's much easier (cheaper) for him to go over both sides of the axle. Here's a link to pics. Look at the car about 2/3rds down the page

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...6&page=4&pp=20

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

yes. I have a friend who is working on his and has found a way to do a true dual setup very cheaply but he says it's much easier (cheaper) for him to go over both sides of the axle. Here's a link to pics. Look at the car about 2/3rds down the page

That would be VERY, VERY, expensive!!!

Not to mention he had to chop the hell out of the car to make that work. Cutting the trunk floor and such,,,,noooooo thanks!
    These cars were just not designed for a system like this. Run them both over one side and save yourself alot of headache.

I have a monza as well, which is what some people consider a predecessor of the 3rd gen and what this rear chassis design was based off of for the 3rd and 4th gen camaros. It uses the torque arm and panhard bar setup,,,and no one makes a cat back for these cars (or anything else for that matter, lol) so I was forced to run a dual setup on this car, and out to the bumper is the only way I would have it. I run a 406 in this car so I went to a shop and had it all custom bent, the car is designed for the muffler to fit on the passenger side next to the gas tank, so I found a dual in/dual out muffler and we worked around that,,,both pipes coming over the axle on the passenger side as intended.

Anyone complaining about exhaust room on a 4th gen has never worked on a monza everything is designed the same only you have half the room. Things were tight, very tight, but it worked. I supplied the muffler and the shop did all the pipe bending and welding, and it only set me back $200 for shop labor and piping. I consider that very cheap for the amount of time involved, spent about 4-5 hours on it.

After all that trouble though,,,I probably wouldn't do it again. And since Basanni makes a real dual system for the 4th gen,,,I wouldn't even bother making one. If I really wanted a true dual system on my 02 SS I would just grab the Bassani and be done with it. But for now the single 3 inch system is getting the job done.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

That simply wouldn't work on my car. Moser 9" has much larger axles.
    It is clean looking though. Interesting. Would love to see it on a rack with the rear end loaded to see how close it is.

As for the trunk abuse...mine has that done as well to fit the mufflers under the rear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information