Awaiting Activation

blue
    1999 trans am

can someone help me ?

im looking at buying me some longtube headers for my 99 trans am but me and my dad have been fighting back and forth on if it will pass inspection or not he says it wont and i say it will i just need to know to if it will or not with the longtubes on it can someone help me thanks

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

you would have to check the laws in your area.

some times you can as long as you pass the sniffer, and other times you can't have LT's at all even if you have highflow cats
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Awaiting Activation

blue
    1999 trans am

thanks man ill have to look into it if i can or not i guess

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Where i live, the 96' and up vehicles only get the computer scan and as long as there isn't a code then your good

Awaiting Activation

blue
    1999 trans am

ah ic what type of lt'sdo you think i should go with

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Depends on how much you want to spend, i personally think the American Racing Headers are the best to get, but you pay a price for them. I was fortunate to get a good deal on mine that why i got them.

If i were you i would stick with getting Stainless Steel Headers and Tuned Length

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    Depends on how much you want to spend, i personally think the American Racing Headers are the best to get, but you pay a price for them. I was fortunate to get a good deal on mine that why i got them.

If i were you i would stick with getting Stainless Steel Headers and Tuned Length
    I think the only tuned length headers you can get are the SLP's, and everyone knows how bad those are for fitment and ground clearance. Not to mention the price, and its not even quality stainless.

Black
    97 firebird WS6

I recently bought ceramic pacesetters LT w/ y pipe from LMP performance. I did all the searching and they had the best deal. You can also get the o2 extensions from them. A lot of people are using the ceramic pacesetters. I plan on getting them installed in the next couple of weeks. I hear stainless steel is great too. Just don't get the painted ones. They are way too hot and will evenetually rust no matter what you do. A guy I know has ceramic KOOKS and loves them. They r very expensive!!!

Awaiting Activation

blue
    1999 trans am

Yea i was thinking pacesetters was the way to go my friend as them on his 01 ss and i like them alot so i was thinking about getting some for my trans am i just wanted to hear what other people had to say.
    That alot guys for helping me out

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I think the only tuned length headers you can get are the SLP's, and everyone knows how bad those are for fitment and ground clearance. Not to mention the price, and its not even quality stainless.

I talked to a guy from American Racing and he said that all there LT headers are Tuned Length Headers, including the LS1 Headers for the Camaro/Trans AM

I hope hes right lol

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    I talked to a guy from American Racing and he said that all there LT headers are Tuned Length Headers, including the LS1 Headers for the Camaro/Trans AM

I hope hes right lol
    Interesting. I wonder if they consider "tuned" lenght and "equal" length two separate things, because equal length headers are quite large and restrict ground clearance by a ton. Just look at SLP's long tubes for the LS1, you'll see what I mean.

Tuned length must refer to the primaries being designed to optimally carry the exhaust gas pulses and maintain maxinum exhaust gas velocity with each cylinder firing.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if they consider "tuned" lenght and "equal" length two separate things, because equal length headers are quite large and restrict ground clearance by a ton. Just look at SLP's long tubes for the LS1, you'll see what I mean.

Tuned length must refer to the primaries being designed to optimally carry the exhaust gas pulses and maintain maxinum exhaust gas velocity with each cylinder firing.

Ya i have no idea if he thinks they are the same or not, i thought tuned and equal length meant the same thing, my fault for giving misleading information.

Thread Information