Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAI?

Red
    04 GTO

CAI?

Have any of you guys ever taken a fog light out and then put some kinda hose there an the connect it to the MAF. This is how iam thinking of doing it would it work.

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I don't think you'll get any gains from it. Not worth it. You'll probably gain more from the weight reduction of the fog lights out....
    01 TA WS6: Volant CAI, custom ram-air baffle mod, custom borla, BMR-(SFC, LCA, LCA reloc, PH rod,TQ Arm), UMI swaybars, Eibach + Bilsteins, TTM Anth, SS brakelines, 160 deg therm, 3.73 gears, Yank 3400 stall, Yank Crsmbr, Hayden 24k, Trans Go shiftkit, ported TB + MAF...soon to be cam/heads

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1TA LS1 View Post
    I don't think you'll get any gains from it. Not worth it. You'll probably gain more from the weight reduction of the fog lights out....
    Now thats funny...but most likely true!
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

lol i had to laugh at that, but yea your way better off going with a Fast toys ram air, K&N, or ideally Volant

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    lol i had to laugh at that, but yea your way better off going with a Fast toys ram air, K&N, or ideally Volant
    yeah they way you are originally talking about doing it sounds like major rice....get something that is made to give you cold air , dont take out your fog light to put a tube in there please....yea you will spend a few extra bucks but your lights will still be functional and you wont have a tube in your engine

None

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    yeah they way you are originally talking about doing it sounds like major rice....get something that is made to give you cold air , dont take out your fog light to put a tube in there please....yea you will spend a few extra bucks but your lights will still be functional and you wont have a tube in your engine
    I have tried to reply 3 times now... to busy laughing! Everytime I started
    typing it was a smart @ss remark! I have been waiting for someone to
    put it into polite terms. lol

Thank You!

None

Quote Originally Posted by ledesma54 View Post
    Have any of you guys ever taken a fog light out and then put some kinda hose there an the connect it to the MAF. This is how iam thinking of doing it would it work.
    NO!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SS02 View Post
    NO!

Red
    04 GTO

LOL thanks for the replays i have a K&N CAI i was just wondering about it since i saw some cars at the track with that setup putting up some good numbers.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

My air filter is behind my fog light. Then agaain I must be a ricer

Thats a very old school way of doing it. Very popular in the 60's to remove high beam headlights for cold air ducts. It's nothing new, and works very effectively, there were even special air cleaners made to accomodate it,,,very expensive air cleaners nowadays for the factory setups.

Whether that would work on a fuel injected car and a foglight is questionable. I have seen newer cars at the track all the time removing their headlights to get a blast of cold air.
    I see it on the LT1 Impala's as well as the little super charged GTP's all the time.

Gray/ White

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    the little super charged GTP's all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Sorry,,,they just strike me as little cars with little motors, but nothing harsh was meant by that at all.

Gray/ White

Sorry,,,they just strike me as little cars with little motors, but nothing harsh was meant by that at all.
    Roomier than an F body so its classified as a full size About as fast as LT1 stock for stock

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Roomier than an F body so its classified as a full size About as fast as LT1 stock for stock
    Maybe by todays car manufacture standards but definately not by my standards.
    From the era of cars that I come from that little GTP would be grouped in with the subcompacts.

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Maybe by todays car manufacture standards but definately not by my standards.
    From the era of cars that I come from that little GTP would be grouped in with the subcompacts.
    OUCH

Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    OUCH
    I'm not trying to be mean,,,thats just the era of cars I grew up in, and this new stuff is just small to me.

Even the Fbodies are not even a midsize car to me,,,although it seems the car manufactures want you to believe that. Shucks my 71 ventura has more room than any of my 4th gens, yet it's a shorter wheelbase and 300 lbs. lighter,,,,go figure. That X-body platform was considered small back then.

My SS chevelle is a midsize car,,,and was classified as midsize back in the day. But people think it's a boat nowadays,,,hahaha. I see it as comfortable.
    To get to a fullsize car you would be talking about something like a 70 Impala in my eyes.

Everything has shrunk over the years.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 04-12-2009 at 06:40 PM.

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

I'm not trying to be mean,,,thats just the era of cars I grew up in, and this new stuff is just small to me.

Even the Fbodies are not even a midsize car to me,,,although it seems the car manufactures want you to believe that. Shucks my 71 ventura has more room than any of my 4th gens, yet it's a shorter wheelbase and 300 lbs. lighter,,,,go figure. That X-body platform was considered small back then.

My SS chevelle is a midsize car,,,and was classified as midsize back in the day. To get to a fullsize car you would be talking about something like a 70 Impala.

Everything has shrunk over the years.
    Geeez, its not our fault you are like 80 years old! J/K ....I get your point!

Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    Geeez, its not our fault you are like 80 years old! J/K ....I get your point!
    I guess I just don't flow with change too well. I have a hard time swallowing what everyone is pushing down our throats nowadays

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ledesma54 View Post
    LOL thanks for the replays i have a K&N CAI i was just wondering about it since i saw some cars at the track with that setup putting up some good numbers.
    Anything is better than stock, but K&N is a nice kit. I'm a little bias towards Volant since I have one. They make really nice stuff, IMO better than K&N. But if you're looking into good numbers for the track, you're not really going to notice huge gains. Maybe 5rwhp - at most. It's a good place to start if you plan on add'l mods later.

Thread Information