Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Building an Intake?

This is a discussion on Building an Intake? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 9t8z28 Check out these intakes! http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=97936 man those intakes look great!...

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    man those intakes look great!

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by AB'sLs1 View Post
    i am starting to wonder if its a very practical idea right now cuz this is my only car so i cant have it apart very long and if i do it id like to be able to spend more time on it. im starting to re think it and im not sure what i should do i know i wanna build and intake sometime in my life i just am not sure if now is the right time.
    hey man you will never know if you dont try...if we lived alittle closer id show you some of my projects to boost your moral

red
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    hey man you will never know if you dont try...if we lived alittle closer id show you some of my projects to boost your moral

that would be cool plus ive never gotten to ride in one of those new goats yet.

but its not that i dont think im able to do it i just want to make sure i do it right the first time so i dont just wanna throw it all together theres alot to it that i havent gotten in to yet. dont get me wrong i really wanna try it and perfect it... i could make alot of money doing that for other people. the guys at my machine shop that i talk to said he knows a guy that does that and he makes $4000 on one intake manifold

hugger orange

that would be cool plus ive never gotten to ride in one of those new goats yet.

but its not that i dont think im able to do it i just want to make sure i do it right the first time so i dont just wanna throw it all together theres alot to it that i havent gotten in to yet. dont get me wrong i really wanna try it and perfect it... i could make alot of money doing that for other people. the guys at my machine shop that i talk to said he knows a guy that does that and he makes $4000 on one intake manifold
    oh trust me, ive screwed alot of things up before i got them right lol

look for an old ls1 intake....should beable to get one for free or very very cheap. mock up three peices of steel to bolt it to (to simulate a motor and heads) that way you can take your time building it and do the job you want with no down time on your car

red
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    oh trust me, ive screwed alot of things up before i got them right lol

look for an old ls1 intake....should beable to get one for free or very very cheap. mock up three peices of steel to bolt it to (to simulate a motor and heads) that way you can take your time building it and do the job you want with no down time on your car
    thats a great idea mark thanks! now i just gotta keep my eyes open for an intake

thanks again

hugger orange

thats a great idea mark thanks! now i just gotta keep my eyes open for an intake

thanks again
    if you call around to local speed shops and salvage yards.....tell them what your doing and do a little sweet taking, might just get an old one for free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information