Broken Header Bolt?

I recently have installed my pacesetter long tubes and while i was taking the stock manifolds off i noticed that the back passenger manifold bolt was broke off. I decided to put the headers on and see what happens. It made a good ticking sound like a missfire but it also had a tone of an exhaust leak a little bit. I took the header back off and i didnt have the wire on the 2nd one in on correctly, my code reader also told me this.

Now i decided to get the bolt out myself with some friends. I went and got a air right angle drill some good bits and easy outs. We drilled into it and used to small of an easy out in it and my friend broke it off in the bolt. The bolt its self is a little less then flush with the head and the easy out broke of completely flush with the bolt. I cant get anything on it and no room to drill around it. I know the only way i could get it out is to take the head off. IS THERE ANY GOOD SEALANT I COULD GET FOR THE LEAK. its very slight and im using GM performance gaskets.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Maybe use a new GM gasket with some high temp copper sealant. Probably not going to last for long though. Not many sealants will stand up to that kind of heat and pressure. They make new stuff every day, so maybe search on the net a bit to see what is out there.

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

thats a bummer dude. that really sucks. like ^ said, gasket/sealer might hold for a bit but definately wont last. IMO, your gonna have to pull the head... thats the fear of every header swap.

Thanks for the input i think ill use this permatex hi heat sealant for now and just run her..not to long down the road i planned on replacing the heads so well see.

Thread Information