midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Borla tunable exhaust?

I met this kid witha ws6 this weekend and while we were bullshittin he asked me if I wanted to buy a Borla. HE said it was the tunable one $300. It was just sittin in his garage and he was tired of looking at it. Says it was 2 years old.

I don't know much about exhausts. What should I be looking for etc.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

holy cow! take it and RUN!!!! that's a great deal if the tips are in good condition? Does he have the 3 interchangeable plates too? That's what makes it tunable-they come with 3 plates with different sized aperatures which allow more or less flow through the muffler. It's a great time to consider getting an electronic cut out too.

midnight blue

He did say it was missing something like the plates or something like that. I got his number I'll find out for sure. He said I could just order it from Borla but I wanted to make sure I could get everthing I need before I buy

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

when i bought my ws6 it has the borla adjustable. still have it on but i dont have the extra plates. is it possible to order them.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post
    He did say it was missing something like the plates or something like that. I got his number I'll find out for sure. He said I could just order it from Borla but I wanted to make sure I could get everthing I need before I buy
    Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Loco View Post
    when i bought my ws6 it has the borla adjustable. still have it on but i dont have the extra plates. is it possible to order them.
    it's possible to reorder, but consider the following:

• the screws are rusted together
    • the current setup is probably the "loudest" setting (I mean, c'mon, who wants a quiet exhaust?)
    • your money is better spent on an e-cut out which is a very easy drop in for that location.

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

get the kit. i paid like 840 for mine new. if you want the plates i could sell you mine, or you can just get an electric cutout like i did and put it in place of the plates.

red

electric cut out. how does that work? do you like it

Trans Am owner
    former

you flip a switch, and a butterfly valve opens or closes elctronicly, so you can have a mellow exhaust for cruising, or open it up, and let everyone hear you

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Buy it. I don't even like Borla and I would

Slowass SUX!!

09 Sierra Denali AWD
    2001 T/A WS6 NBM

I have borla and dual electric cutouts....and it is the best get it!

Bought my 02 CETA a few months back. Had a loud exhaust, I asked the dealer why and he showed me the Borla setup. Beautiful Tips. Mine is setup wide open, and I love it. If I could quiet it down occasionally it would be good, but for now, wide open is fine. Not too loud, I get a little backfire every morning first time I shift from 1st to 2nd. Very cool. I have a convertible, so the sound is great with the top down.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by kheflw View Post
    Bought my 02 CETA a few months back. Had a loud exhaust, I asked the dealer why and he showed me the Borla setup. Beautiful Tips. Mine is setup wide open, and I love it. If I could quiet it down occasionally it would be good, but for now, wide open is fine. Not too loud, I get a little backfire every morning first time I shift from 1st to 2nd. Very cool. I have a convertible, so the sound is great with the top down.
    HAHA! yaaa, i miss the ole borla POP

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    electric cut out. how does that work? do you like it
    you flip the switch to go from it all going through the muffler or mostly all going straight out. you can open it part way too if you want. ive got a cam, LT headers, and ORY pipe so mine is pretty loud with the cutout open. sounds mean at wideopen throttle too. i like being able to quiet the car down quite a bit with just a flip of a switch.

Slowass SUX!!

09 Sierra Denali AWD
    2001 T/A WS6 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by stephen02ws6 View Post
    you flip the switch to go from it all going through the muffler or mostly all going straight out. you can open it part way too if you want. ive got a cam, LT headers, and ORY pipe so mine is pretty loud with the cutout open. sounds mean at wideopen throttle too. i like being able to quiet the car down quite a bit with just a flip of a switch.
    My setup is Hooker Headers with no cats ..about a foot after headers it goes to cutouts right under driver side and passenger side seat...you can open it alittle or wide open ...i just open all the way no reason to do it half ass.... then goes back to a ory pipe and then through borla muffler

When they are open it gets pretty much all exhaust out ....sounds is totally different when open compared to closed....best mod i ever got...

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 2001ws6 View Post
    My setup is Hooker Headers with no cats ..about a foot after headers it goes to cutouts right under driver side and passenger side seat...you can open it alittle or wide open ...i just open all the way no reason to do it half ass.... then goes back to a ory pipe and then through borla muffler

When they are open it gets pretty much all exhaust out ....sounds is totally different when open compared to closed....best mod i ever got...
    got the same headers. the setup on the adjustable borla is a little different than that though. it has plates to control how much exhaust goes into the muffler and how much goes straight out. i got the cutout in place of the plates.

midnight blue

ok so where is the best place to get one of these electric cutouts? On the link 3rdshift provided http://www.dmhperformance.com has one. Just looking for the cheapest price.

red

Quote Originally Posted by stephen02ws6 View Post
    do you have one or two cutouts?

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    do you have one or two cutouts?
    ive got one electric cutout in place of the plates. it is just the butterfly valve, not the whole cutout and butterfly.

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post
    ok so where is the best place to get one of these electric cutouts? On the link 3rdshift provided http://www.dmhperformance.com has one. Just looking for the cheapest price.
    i dont know if its cheaper or not but this is where i got mine
    http://www.mccordcg.com/mpp/mpp.htm

Thread Information