Thread: Borla Mouth?

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Borla Mouth?

I understand SLP loudmouth are raspy as hell, and that a borla mouth is a borla muffler inplace of the resonator. Is the borla mouth a borla xr1 muffler or something else? Also is there any other mufflers that would work in the place of the resonator such as a flowmaster 1 chamber?

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 00WS6BlueMetallic View Post
    I understand SLP loudmouth are raspy as hell, and that a borla mouth is a borla muffler inplace of the resonator. Is the borla mouth a borla xr1 muffler or something else? Also is there any other mufflers that would work in the place of the resonator such as a flowmaster 1 chamber?
    yes you have it exactley right here is a like with a guy who has a one chamber installed in that type of setup

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

In your own opinion do you think that would be a good route, sounds good

In your own opinion do you think that would be a good route, sounds good
    Well that would be the only flowmaster i would go with just because i do not want to comprimise flow with the other flowmasters espically the 80 series. But it really is a personal opnion. You can leave your exhaust stock and have a cutout installed so that way it will be quiet when you want and when you open the cutout it will be very loud and give you very good topend horsepower. Or you can go with the loudmouth 1 which would be almost as loud as the cutout and and give you close to the same horsepower maybe 1 less and it might give you a tad bit more torque. Or you can go with a magnaflow which would be between stock and the slp system in terms of noise and it would give very good flow too 2-3 less peak horsepower then the cutout. Or you could get the loudmouth and see how you like it then if you want the flowmaster sound have the 1 chamber welded in or the borla xr1 welded in both would be pretty similar performance wise. Most catbacks will give you similar horsepower go to ls1sounds.com and pretty much decide on sound alone. but stay away from the flowmaster 80 series catback

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

See the reason I was asking about the Borla Mouth was because I already have the SLP loudmouth 1. I installed LT headers which gave it a raspy annoying sound. I hate to spend money on buying another system, and was thinking about my opions. Thanks I appreciate your help.

See the reason I was asking about the Borla Mouth was because I already have the SLP loudmouth 1. I installed LT headers which gave it a raspy annoying sound. I hate to spend money on buying another system, and was thinking about my opions. Thanks I appreciate your help.
    ok. well borla will be raspy also just a little quieter unfortunatley the loudmouth 1 and xr-1 are known for being raspy. I think just about every catless system will give you some rasp. If i were you i would have a 1 chamber welded in before your loudmouth resonator and keep the resonator because that will help with rasp and will not hurt flow. that guy has a couple of other videos where he switches his exhaust around look through those.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

i have the same problem with my LM2. It just has to much of a drone to it, i want a deep growl and tone. I was listening to the 1 chamber flowmaster but to me it kinda sounded like a mustang. i think ima just sell my LM2 with slp large diameter y-pipe and get something new. Magnaflow?hooker?

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Ive heard magnaflow is the way to go, besides the true duals. My buddy has the electric cut out on his TA, and ran it on the dyno with the magnaflows then he opened his cut out and only gained like 1 rwhp. So they must flow damn good. Also mustangs might be shitty and slow as hell but they do sound good.

Ive heard magnaflow is the way to go, besides the true duals. My buddy has the electric cut out on his TA, and ran it on the dyno with the magnaflows then he opened his cut out and only gained like 1 rwhp. So they must flow damn good. Also mustangs might be shitty and slow as hell but they do sound good.
    if you want a mustang like sound get true duals with an h pipe with chambered mufflers that is what a lot of the mustang guys run.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

would u guys consider a magnaflow muffler on stock exhuast to be the same as if it were a magnaflow catback

Thread Information