Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bolt-On Mods Continue: all done after this...?

This is a discussion on Bolt-On Mods Continue: all done after this...? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by INMY01TA Dyno #s don't mean anything. I was about to delete my thread as I got the ...

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Dyno #s don't mean anything. I was about to delete my thread as I got the response notification so as not to be a d@ck but you bit soo I'll just say enjoy your dyno #s, should serve you well in many bench racing applications.
    you race your car, good for you. in competition, props again...

i built my car for the street, it sees the track maybe 5% of the time. you built you car the way you wanted, i did the same with mine. i know you love to toss up instigating posts, it's your nature...

do i have anything to prove to you, no i don't. don't compare apples to oranges, but that's all you ever do...

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    i know you love to toss up instigating posts, it's your nature...

don't compare apples to oranges, but that's all you ever do...
    No, just saw you say something ludicrous to someone else about a Patriot/224 car beating an MS4/5.3 car.

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Dyno #s don't mean anything. I was about to delete my thread as I got the response notification so as not to be a d@ck but you bit soo I'll just say enjoy your dyno #s, should serve you well in many bench racing applications. BTW, the consensus on Tech is pretty much that Patriot heads are junk.
    i see you edited your post...

thing is, i dont care what other people think, esp. on tech. they all claim (yourself included) to be all knowing LSx GODS. one person says one bad thing and people jump on the bandwagon. everyone with 1/2 a brain knows that aftermarket parts are hit and miss with applications not well thought out...but im sure you know that already...

people can have their opinions about Patriot heads, that's fine. in the meantime, i'll keep on going with the problem free, trouble free, 35+ rwhp gain (over my 224 cam), $900 brand new heads i have in my set-up...

as always, i apprecaite your wonderful insight and knowledge...

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

No, just saw you say something ludicrous to someone else about a Patriot/224 car beating an MS4/5.3 car.
    i didn't say in a race, did i? i said in porducing power. don't twist my words, please. i said power wise. i have yet to race the fellow member and friend on this board that has the above MS4/5.3 head setup...

dont worry, once I do, you'll be the 1st to know regardless of the outcome...

i dont care if i win or lose a race, im out there for fun. that's the difference between us...

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Just curious what kind of power your car made cam only with the 224?

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Just curious what kind of power your car made cam only with the 224?
    376/366, no doubt with some left on the table, through the SLP Lid, Ls1 intake, stock TB (non P&P), stock injectors, LT's/SLP LM catback (only mods done at that time, pre-heads/intake, etc.)...

car first dyno'd 330/335 i believe (or 325/330). i would need to find that dyno sheet...

no doubt nothing compared to your 230/236 cam, but then again, apples to oranges...

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

376/366, no doubt with some left on the table, through the SLP Lid, Ls1 intake, stock TB (non P&P), stock injectors, LT's/SLP LM catback (only mods done at that time, pre-heads/intake, etc.)...

car first dyno'd 330/335 i believe (or 325/330). i would need to find that dyno sheet...

no doubt nothing compared to your 230/236 cam, but then again, apples to oranges...
    Well I had a 224 cam before, made 372 on a dynojet thru Mac mids and a 12 bolt. Seems about right. Your current #s were done on the same dyno?

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Well I had a 224 cam before, made 372 on a dynojet. Seems about right. Your current #s were done on the same dyno?
    no. current numbers are from a shop that is about 3 miles from that location at a dyno day this past March (video link in post #32 is from the March dyno day)...443/402...HPP

the numbers off that same dyno were from a last Dec. dyno day were 438/404...RPM

numbers after swapping out the Ls6 intake and stock TB (still not P&P) were 444/395 back in Aug 2007...RPM

all within +/- 5rwhp/5rwtq. pretty consistant. if you want dyno sheets, let me know...
    Last edited by SSwt00SS; 08-18-2008 at 04:54 PM.

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

$900 brand new heads i have in my set-up...
    Where did you find them for $900! Was that just bare heads?

i have yet to race the fellow member and friend on this board that has the above MS4/5.3 head setup...

dont worry, once I do, you'll be the 1st to know regardless of the outcome...

i dont care if i win or lose a race, im out there for fun. that's the difference between us...
    Hopefully he has the car setup decently. That combo done right can put a 3700lb car in the high 10s at 124mph It's the same H/C setup I run. I think you'll find during a track visit that the 440rwhp you've seen on the dyno may prove to be optimistic. But good luck to you regardless. It's nice to think a Patriot headed 224 cam car can beat a much more aggressive setup.

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    Where did you find them for $900! Was that just bare heads?
    assembled heads off a fellow member here back in Dec. 2006. heads were brand new. installed them and an Ls6 intake in Jan. 2007...

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28 View Post
    Hopefully he has the car setup decently. That combo done right can put a 3700lb car in the high 10s at 124mph It's the same H/C setup I run. I think you'll find during a track visit that the 440rwhp you've seen on the dyno may prove to be optimistic. But good luck to you regardless. It's nice to think a Patriot headed 224 cam car can beat a much more aggressive setup.
    thanks...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

yea i am as of right now planning on going 5.3 heads with 2.5 ..from texas speed...with a custom grind cam in the high 22x to low 23x ..so i know i will need to fly cut my pistons i need to call a pretty good shop about 2 1/2 hours from me and see if they will flycut with the engine still assembled..or if i will need to drop my engine and take it to them...which if i do...i will have them do some work on my block...but none the less you have a bad ass machine...i am aiming for you B i will reach your level soon.

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    yea i am as of right now planning on going 5.3 heads with 2.5 ..from texas speed...with a custom grind cam in the high 22x to low 23x ..so i know i will need to fly cut my pistons i need to call a pretty good shop about 2 1/2 hours from me and see if they will flycut with the engine still assembled..or if i will need to drop my engine and take it to them...which if i do...i will have them do some work on my block...but none the less you have a bad ass machine...i am aiming for you B i will reach your level soon.
    thanks Shady...

you should have no problem getting your pistons flycut with it still in the car. many people have do so and other have removed the engine as well. there are ways for it to be done in that manner...

but i guess if you plan to do heads, cam, intake, oil pump, timing chain, it would be easier to just remove the engine for all that work...

98' trans am

thanks Shady...

you should have no problem getting your pistons flycut with it still in the car. many people have do so and other have removed the engine as well. there are ways for it to be done in that manner...

but i guess if you plan to do heads, cam, intake, oil pump, timing chain, it would be easier to just remove the engine for all that work...
    the problem is not all of it will happen at the same time..well the intake will happen first..since i dont have 900 to spend on a fast 9x/9x set up i will go with the ls6 temporarily. Then yea i will do all of the goodies at once...and if i need to drop the engine..then i will also change the motor mounts ect damn money flies into these cars

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

damn money flies into these cars
    no kidding, i just started lookin at suspension components and im gonna go broke.

sswt00ss, your car rocks. 'fuck the nay sayers cause they dont mean a thing'.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    no kidding, i just started lookin at suspension components and im gonna go broke.

sswt00ss, your car rocks. 'fuck the nay sayers cause they dont mean a thing'.
    x2...i already have 500 in mine...but once i get the shocks and springs and tq arm ect..i will be looking at close to 2k more

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Why do you need to flycut? The MS3 fits with those heads.

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Why do you need to flycut? The MS3 fits with those heads.
    i agree. i have read many a owners that have NOT had to flycut that combo. most do just to error on the side of pre-caution...

INMY01TA, how do you like your colorado? i see you have one, like i do. done anything to it? how do you like the 'raw' power of the I-5? either we ended up with an extra cylinder or missing 3 of em...

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

i agree. i have read many a owners that have NOT had to flycut that combo. most do just to error on the side of pre-caution...

INMY01TA, how do you like your colorado? i see you have one, like i do. done anything to it? how do you like the 'raw' power of the I-5? either we ended up with an extra cylinder or missing 3 of em...
    Mines a 4 banger. Lol. I wanted the 5 cylinder but in 07 you couldn't get the 5 cyl with the 5 speed. I like it, a little underpowered but good daily driver. It's bone stock and staying that way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information