Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68

Bolt-On Mods Continue: all done after this...?

This is a discussion on Bolt-On Mods Continue: all done after this...? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ...

  1. #1
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Bolt-On Mods Continue: all done after this...?

    I just ordered my ASP U/D Pulley, Meizere EWP (WP319 in Black, w/160° t-stat), and Lucas 42 lb/hr injectors...

    This should, I believe wrap up the list of "bolt-ons" for the car...

    #'s in my sig are current w/the following mods done to date:

    SLP Lid
    SLP Bellow
    FAST 90/90 (ported by Mamo & additionally by me)
    Patriot Stage II Ls6 'Style' heads: 59cc (2.02" int/1.57" ext)
    Comp 224/224 .581/.581 @112lsa
    Comp Poly 7.4" P.R.
    Ls6 Oil Pump (ported/shimmed)
    Ls2 Timing Chain
    XS Ebay S.S. LT's/TSP TD's w/SLP LM resonators

    !Air Delete
    !EGR Delete

    HP Tune


    Parts will be installed end of August (2wks) when I go on vacation and a retune to follow. Will post updated #'s (gains or not)...

    My goal has been to create a very stout street car and to see just how much power I can squeeze out of this "LITTLE" 224 cam before dropping in a 9" w/3.90's...

    Opinions welcome and if I have over-looked anything, share some insight...
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

  2. #2
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    480RWHP is only good for 12.0's though man...



    That car ran solid as hell before these extra few mods....
    Can't wait to see the numbers.

  3. #3
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    480RWHP is only good for 12.0's though man...



    That car ran solid as hell before these extra few mods....
    Can't wait to see the numbers.
    so is 440rwhp...

    If i see anything remote to that I would shitbricks, make a motovational poster of it and post it in the thread...


    I'm thinking 460rwhp max, but w/the car running a lot cooler...

  4. #4
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    If you want to see what you can squeeze out of it before the 9" and bigger cam, put her on a diet B

    I don't really recommend it, but you could go with some bigger rocker arms if you want more bolt ons.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  5. #5
    2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lathrop, Missouri
    Posts
    2,479

    NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

    time for a 150 wet plate of giggle gas Thats whats next on my plate
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

    1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

    2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

  6. #6
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    If you want to see what you can squeeze out of it before the 9" and bigger cam, put her on a diet B

    I don't really recommend it, but you could go with some bigger rocker arms if you want more bolt ons.
    i've asked about that and have been advised that since i dont have a solid lifter cam that going to a higher rocker ratio would hurt me and lose power, not gain...

    now if i swapped cams and went w/a solid lift cam then it would be beneficial to swap rockers as well...

  7. #7
    Senior Member grouch0jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,055

    Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

    have any sound clips of your car with the LM TDs?

  8. #8
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    i do on my camera from a dyno day back in march. it wouldnt load correctly on YouTube, it a coule weeks I'll have a new one for you. Just note, it's F'n LOUD!!!

  9. #9
    Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fresno Ca
    Posts
    2,228

    LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    i do on my camera from a dyno day back in march. it wouldnt load correctly on YouTube, it a coule weeks I'll have a new one for you. Just note, it's F'n LOUD!!!
    Where is the vid? I'd like to hear that beast

  10. #10
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    ill see if i can find it and get it to load on YouTube. The sound (from the camera, NOT THE CAR) isnt that good, since i used a different camera. Point is, it screams. It makes a guy walk out of the dyno area, and everyone else cover their ears...

  11. #11
    Senior Member grouch0jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,055

    Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    ill see if i can find it and get it to load on YouTube. The sound (from the camera, NOT THE CAR) isnt that good, since i used a different camera. Point is, it screams. It makes a guy walk out of the dyno area, and everyone else cover their ears...
    haha, i remember you joking about putting on LM TDs but didnt thinkg you actually did it!

  12. #12
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    oh no, i went there...


  13. #13
    Senior Member grouch0jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,055

    Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    oh no, i went there...

    Click for full size
    is that it?! just nothing after the 'muffler'?! thats fucking awesome dude.

    do you scrape a lot with that set up?

    edit #2: i also really like those band clamps youre using there. my LM2 came with shitty ones that dont do a good job.
    Last edited by grouch0jr; 08-18-2008 at 08:56 AM.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    218

    White
    99Trans am

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    oh no, i went there...

    Click for full size
    nice

  15. #15
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    is that it?! just nothing after the 'muffler'?! thats fucking awesome dude.

    do you scrape a lot with that set up?

    edit #2: i also really like those band clamps youre using there. my LM2 came with shitty ones that dont do a good job.
    yep, that's it. i really need to get a pic of the car from behind so people can see it...

    i scape but barely. car is lowered. i have them tucked up as high as possible and bent the fuel lines to lift up the driver's side resonator to match the passenger side. i think i'm about 1/2" lower on the driver's side once it settled. most might not care, but i do...

    those clamps came w/the TSP system. i love the clamps. they are around 10-12 bucks online...

  16. #16
    Senior Member grouch0jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,055

    Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    yep, that's it. i really need to get a pic of the car from behind so people can see it...

    i scape but barely. car is lowered. i have them tucked up as high as possible and bent the fuel lines to lift up the driver's side resonator to match the passenger side. i think i'm about 1/2" lower on the driver's side once it settled. most might not care, but i do...

    those clamps came w/the TSP system. i love the clamps. they are around 10-12 bucks online...
    i might buy some, the clamps on mine dont hold well at all, and the exhaust squeaks, even at idle, it drives me nuts. it makes my car sound like a beater, or a piece of shit.

  17. #17
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    i might buy some, the clamps on mine dont hold well at all, and the exhaust squeaks, even at idle, it drives me nuts. it makes my car sound like a beater, or a piece of shit.
    you can check those, but check your exhaust hangers, bolts, etc. as well...

    sounds like you just need to tighten down the system is all...

  18. #18
    Senior Member grouch0jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,055

    Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    you can check those, but check your exhaust hangers, bolts, etc. as well...

    sounds like you just need to tighten down the system is all...
    ive done it several times

  19. #19
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    B i thought that higher ratio rockers would just up the duration of your existing cam. Personally if your still searching for more numbers why not upgrade to the crane gold rockers..1.7s solid rockers..that are nice and light ..help settle your valvetrain..supposedly gains you a few horses..Talk to Mrr23 about the crane rockers.

  20. #20
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    B i thought that higher ratio rockers would just up the duration of your existing cam. Personally if your still searching for more numbers why not upgrade to the crane gold rockers..1.7s solid rockers..that are nice and light ..help settle your valvetrain..supposedly gains you a few horses..Talk to Mrr23 about the crane rockers.
    you are correct, they would with the right cam. i am running a hydrolic lift cam, not a solid lift cam for which aftermarket rockers would benefit the latter...

    i have talked and asked a few tuners off here and tech and they all have said the same thing. some have even told me to ditch the 224 and get a custom grind spec'd cam from PatrickG w/the XE-R lobes in a solid lift and then add rockers. maybe someday i will...
    Last edited by SSwt00SS; 08-18-2008 at 10:25 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. bolt ons mods
    By FMR_TransAm in forum External Engine
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 04:37 PM
  2. Question: Best low cost Mods and bolt ons ?
    By DirtyJerzZ28 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 07:08 PM
  3. Bolt on Mods
    By sunsetrider in forum External Engine
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 05:47 PM
  4. Need Advice On Bolt On Mods!!!
    By L3THAL_Z28 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 11:26 PM
  5. What are best bolt on mods?
    By VinceWS.6 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 01:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •