Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 76

Best ory to date

This is a discussion on Best ory to date within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Vertiviper ARH just has a better design and clearance if you're into that sorta thing. Originally Posted ...

  1. #21
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
    ARH just has a better design and clearance if you're into that sorta thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    is you look at ARH and kooks side-by-side the ARH hangs lower than the kooks. FACT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
    lol,. yes because kooks is crushed
    so which one is it? does it have better clearance? or is it kooks because they change the shape of their y-pipe?

  2. #22
    NY Representative Vertiviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    552

    Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

    Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    so which one is it? does it have better clearance? or is it kooks because they change the shape of their y-pipe?
    Again. Let me type slower for you.

    Kooks has to crush their y pipe to make it fit. ARH does not have to crush their y pipe to make it fit.

    Every installer I know says ARH tucks up nicer than Kooks despite not crushing their y pipe. I don't know what else to tel you. lol

  3. #23
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    but you agreed ARH hangs lower than kooks? and said the reason it hangs lower is because they dont crush there y-pipe? so how is the clearance better if it hangs lower?

  4. #24
    NY Representative Vertiviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    552

    Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

    Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    but you agreed ARH hangs lower than kooks? and said the reason it hangs lower is because they dont crush there y-pipe? so how is the clearance better if it hangs lower?
    lol, why would I agree to something that's incorrect?

    If you're talking about my "yes, because Kooks is crushed" comment; i was being facitious based on the fact that a company has to crush a pipe to make it fit rather than come up with a better design.

    lol, I don't want to argue, if it makes you get better sleep at night, your crushed y pipe that doesn't have a "true" merge collector and doesn't tuck up compared to ARH is way better than mine.

    Now here's a ****ing smiley dude riding a horse for no apparant reason.


    now he's fapping
    Last edited by Vertiviper; 04-30-2010 at 01:16 PM.

  5. #25
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    is you look at ARH and kooks side-by-side the ARH hangs lower than the kooks. FACT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
    lol,. yes because kooks is crushed
    this. /end you agreed ARH hangs lower than kooks/

  6. #26
    Member bberretta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    665

    Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

    You guys are friggin' killing me!

  7. #27
    NY Representative Vertiviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    552

    Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
    lol, why would I agree to something that's incorrect?

    If you're talking about my "yes, because Kooks is crushed" comment; i was being facitious based on the fact that a company has to crush a pipe to make it fit rather than come up with a better design.

    lol, I don't want to argue, if it makes you get better sleep at night, your crushed y pipe that doesn't have a "true" merge collector and doesn't tuck up compared to ARH is way better than mine.

    Now here's a ****ing smiley dude riding a horse for no apparant reason.


    now he's fapping

    he's still fapping

    I made it big and red this time. I apologize that my repetitive correcting of your assumption that my comment was not sarcastic has not been understood.



    In case you missed everything I just said. My comment of "yes, because Kooks is crush" was sarcastic, facetious and all around a joke based on the fact that a company has to crush a pipe to make it fit.

    And, no. No, again..every installer I know says that ARH's tuck up much better than Kooks.


    Highlighting....Ctrl-c, putting Ctrl-V on standby...and we wait
    Last edited by Vertiviper; 04-30-2010 at 02:07 PM.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    464

    BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    well, lets go back to basic math, the diameter of the pipe changes but the area of the air flowing through is the same, so i disagree. its still a 3 inch pipe just in a diffrent shape. you follow broski? ugh ugh
    Completely inaccurate. If circumference remains constant, the area of the cross-section is maximized if the shape is a circle. Anything other than circular results in decreased area.
    Last edited by mbrownin; 04-30-2010 at 02:12 PM.

  9. #29
    NY Representative Vertiviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    552

    Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

    Quote Originally Posted by bberretta View Post
    You guys are friggin' killing me!
    You need to come to one of our family functions.. lol good times

  10. #30
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,998

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    there's only one way to solve this. here's a pic of my ground clearance at its lowest point with my Kooks ORY. My ORY has been adjusted so it doesn't bang against the floor at all under any conditions. Stock suspension and tire size

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    1,621

    silver
    2000 formula

    Tsp ory...................not!!!!!!!!!

  12. #32
    Member Tnhillbilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Age
    53
    Posts
    584

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #2364

    Will either the Kooks or the Arh hook up to the pasesetters? Which is the better overall fit? Thanks, Jimmy

  13. #33
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
    ARH has the best ORY on the market, their merge collectors have a better design and flow better than Kooks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bberretta View Post
    Hell, I'll be happy with my LSXtreme Performance Y for half the price... heh...heh..
    I'll take a Y with a real merge collector anyday over a Y with just 2 pipes welded together.

    I've used the pacesetter Y's with the same design merge that the Kooks has. I wasn't impressed with the pacesetters so I'm staying away from any other brand with that design. If it doesn't have a real merge, I don't want it.

    I can deal with fitment afterwards, that's the easy part.

    I've seen pics of the LSXtreme Y pipe and it appears to be a very nice design (with a real merge). I am looking to remove both of my pacesetter Y's and change to something else. Was looking at Texas Speed Y's, but after seeing the LSXtreme I'm going to give those a shot.

  14. #34
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,998

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    As a guy with Kooks and really liking them, I have to admit I like the ARH better...from what I've seen so far. I still wanna see a ground clearance pic.
    I wish I would have researched a tad more before i bought. I might have choosen the ARH for the not flat pipe and nice merge.

  15. #35
    Member bberretta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    665

    Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    there's only one way to solve this. here's a pic of my ground clearance at its lowest point with my Kooks ORY. My ORY has been adjusted so it doesn't bang against the floor at all under any conditions. Stock suspension and tire size
    Click for full size
    The gauntlet has been thrown- the ever-accurate, scientifically-precise "Miller Light Measurement".

    You do realize I will have to buy a sixer just to do my measurement now! I mean, we have to be consistent, right?

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    464

    BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by bberretta View Post
    The gauntlet has been thrown- the ever-accurate, scientifically-precise "Miller Light Measurement".

    You do realize I will have to buy a sixer just to do my measurement now! I mean, we have to be consistent, right?
    Don't forget, that measurement is only accurate if the can is empty.

  17. #37
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,998

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    I suppose if it comes down to fractions of an inch, I can break out the tape measure

  18. #38
    NY Representative Vertiviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    552

    Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

    Quote Originally Posted by bberretta View Post
    The gauntlet has been thrown- the ever-accurate, scientifically-precise "Miller Light Measurement".

    You do realize I will have to buy a sixer just to do my measurement now! I mean, we have to be consistent, right?
    Ohhhhhh...i drink bud

  19. #39
    Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Parma Heights, Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    891

    SOM
    99 Trans Am

    the mufflex ypipe is also a very nice piece... very very close to an ARH y.

  20. #40
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    the best ory is a custom built...period ...i am tired of my shitty ory from QTP..granted it has a true merge design...but i can take that merge and have a shop put the arms on it to get better clearance..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Got my date and my job!!
    By silverWS6 in forum Military Members
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 10:48 AM
  2. Ask a guy who just F*ckd on the 1st date anything
    By 86 IROC-Z in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 07:27 AM
  3. The date is set...
    By ls1camino in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 10:17 PM
  4. Would you date...
    By Smkn_TA in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 04:30 PM
  5. Due Date
    By jimmybling31 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 06:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •