Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

best high flow cats

This is a discussion on best high flow cats within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 9t8z28 I am not sure when. I might be consider selling the exhaust setup, cause I can ...

  1. #21
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I am not sure when. I might be consider selling the exhaust setup, cause I can not really stand long enough to hang it on the car.
    What LTHeaders did you get?
    Sorry to hear that man. Just let me know if you can't do it, I don't want to pressure you into something you're not up to.

    I got the eBay Stainless headers from SS Autochrome. He only recently started producing them again, so I picked up a set.

  2. #22
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Sorry to hear that man. Just let me know if you can't do it, I don't want to pressure you into something you're not up to.

    I got the eBay Stainless headers from SS Autochrome. He only recently started producing them again, so I picked up a set.
    Cool! They were my first choice! If you wanted, I might consider sellin it to you!

  3. #23
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Cool! They were my first choice! If you wanted, I might consider sellin it to you!
    Whats that, the exhaust shop?? I would, but I'm still in college and living at home

    Do you think you could bend up the system, and I could buy it off of you and install it myself??

  4. #24
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Whats that, the exhaust shop?? I would, but I'm still in college and living at home

    Do you think you could bend up the system, and I could buy it off of you and install it myself??
    I will look into it!

    I was initially stating that I might sell you the dual setup that I currently have.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chickamauga Ga
    Posts
    116

    Arrest Me Red
    1999 Trans am

    must suck to live in NJ

  6. #26
    11's HERE I COME INIT2WIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    86

    Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28 A4

    Gutted cats are the best, but they are really only worth about 6-10HP on the top end. So I would go with Random tech if you have strict emissions where you live.

  7. #27
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I will look into it!

    I was initially stating that I might sell you the dual setup that I currently have.
    Gotcha

    Please let me know, I'd definitely like to buy the TD setup off of you.

  8. #28
    Member RE AND CHERYL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dover DE
    Age
    48
    Posts
    113

    red
    94 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by INIT2WIN View Post
    Gutted cats are the best, but they are really only worth about 6-10HP on the top end. So I would go with Random tech if you have strict emissions where you live.
    Actually gutted cats are worth almost nothing. Any reduction in back pressure you get is offset buy the significant increase in turbulance the gutted cat causes. I've seen dyno tests that prove this.

    Re'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Where to get high flow cats?
    By meadowz06 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 04:01 PM
  2. high flow cats?
    By Devildog in forum External Engine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 03:10 AM
  3. High Flow Cats
    By silverado777 in forum GM Trucks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 03:50 PM
  4. Cats? No Cats? High Flow Cats??
    By lx24 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 09:11 PM
  5. High flow cats
    By GLUMAKER in forum General Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2006, 08:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •