Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

best high flow cats

This is a discussion on best high flow cats within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; anyone have suggestions....? not looking to spend a shitload... but still want quality... thanks...

  1. #1
    ChEvY RiDiN' H.B. 00maroz28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    jersey
    Age
    35
    Posts
    240

    black
    2000 camaro z28

    best high flow cats

    anyone have suggestions....? not looking to spend a shitload... but still want quality...
    thanks

  2. #2
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Random tech makes very good ones, but they are pricey.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    93

    Black
    1999 Mustang GT

    Best high flow cats....hmmmm just got with a O/R Pipe.

  4. #4
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by lvlustang View Post
    Best high flow cats....hmmmm just got with a O/R Pipe.
    Hah exactly, just get a tune so that they don't fail you for "catalyst efficiency". They usually don't bother looking under the car to see if there are cats, they go by what the ECU says through the OBD2 port.

    And even if they do check and see high flow cats, you'll still fail for having the cats modified from theur stock location. So basically its not worth even having them in the first place.

  5. #5
    Member jimmy77611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Here
    Age
    41
    Posts
    156

    Red
    2000 Z28

    Hollow stock cats and o2 simulators!

  6. #6
    ORNGP33L 1BADDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Age
    32
    Posts
    415

    Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z-28

    American Racing Headers

    LT's - high flow cats (highest flow available) - X-pipe - tru dual over the axle with choice of mufflers.....

  7. #7
    ChEvY RiDiN' H.B. 00maroz28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    jersey
    Age
    35
    Posts
    240

    black
    2000 camaro z28

    i already have a y-pipe (borla)...and it mointed in the stock location it didnt eliminate the cat..so im just looking for high flow cats

  8. #8
    Member stanger88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    298

    Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

    Random Tech. You get what you pay for.

  9. #9
    ORNGP33L 1BADDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Age
    32
    Posts
    415

    Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADDLS1 View Post
    American Racing Headers

    LT's - high flow cats (highest flow available) - X-pipe - tru dual over the axle with choice of mufflers.....
    exactly, you always get what you pay for

    they fab for Lingenfelter...
    hint hint...

    best set up IMO... and i've seen all their work 1st hand and no one else comes close in quality and craftsmanship

  10. #10
    hondakiller2000
    Guest
    No cats

  11. #11
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Pypes High Flow Cats pypesexhaust.com

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ewing, NJ
    Age
    51
    Posts
    161

    2000 Camaro SS
    1969 Z28 JL8 crossram, #'

    Pypes or Carsound/Magnaflow. Running no cats in NJ is just asking for an expensive ticket. They stick the mirror under the car regardless if it's OBDII or not. Most of the inspection guys won't know if a cat has changed location so they probably won't fail it for that. The exhaust smell is pretty obvious when you aren't running cats and any cop having a bad day can nab you for it.

  13. #13
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
    Pypes or Carsound/Magnaflow. Running no cats in NJ is just asking for an expensive ticket. They stick the mirror under the car regardless if it's OBDII or not. Most of the inspection guys won't know if a cat has changed location so they probably won't fail it for that. The exhaust smell is pretty obvious when you aren't running cats and any cop having a bad day can nab you for it.
    Who sticks a mirror under the car? I assume you mean a cop?

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ewing, NJ
    Age
    51
    Posts
    161

    2000 Camaro SS
    1969 Z28 JL8 crossram, #'

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Who sticks a mirror under the car? I assume you mean a cop?
    NJ inspection, they stick a mirror under the car to make sure there are cat(s) on the car. Roadside stops also check for cats with a mirror. The risk of a big fine vs the loss of maybe 3-5 hp isn't worth it IMO. And with the new ruling that the EPA can do more to reduce emissions to prevent global warming, expect a lot tougher emission's checks to be hitting all the states.

  15. #15
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
    NJ inspection, they stick a mirror under the car to make sure there are cat(s) on the car. Roadside stops also check for cats with a mirror. The risk of a big fine vs the loss of maybe 3-5 hp isn't worth it IMO. And with the new ruling that the EPA can do more to reduce emissions to prevent global warming, expect a lot tougher emission's checks to be hitting all the states.
    Wow! I am about 5 minutes from NJ. I visit there very often. I don't get where everyone says how strict NJ cops are about noise! Now its a different story if you are making a shit load of noise and get caught. And there are plenty of emissions stations that let it slide. Most don't give a shit unless the SES light is on, but that don't matter cause it will not pass anyway

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ewing, NJ
    Age
    51
    Posts
    161

    2000 Camaro SS
    1969 Z28 JL8 crossram, #'

    Yeah, loud exhaust is dumb because it gives them a reason to fail you and cops a reason to pull you over. But they do check for cats even if the car is OBDII and passes the computer check. I passed the dyno roller tailpipe test with my old 93 Z28 with a Powerdyne supercharger, Borla y-pipe, Flowmaster cat-back, random tech cat, SVO 24 lb injectors, Jacobs ignition, 160 t-stat and SLP off the shelf chip that wasn't programmed for the supercharger. It's not hard to make decent power and pass emission's with all the stuff still working.

  17. #17
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
    Yeah, loud exhaust is dumb because it gives them a reason to fail you and cops a reason to pull you over. But they do check for cats even if the car is OBDII and passes the computer check. I passed the dyno roller tailpipe test with my old 93 Z28 with a Powerdyne supercharger, Borla y-pipe, Flowmaster cat-back, random tech cat, SVO 24 lb injectors, Jacobs ignition, 160 t-stat and SLP off the shelf chip that wasn't programmed for the supercharger. It's not hard to make decent power and pass emission's with all the stuff still working.
    I know plenty of guys who have got through NJ inspection with no cats, as long as the computer isn't throwing any codes. They generally use the mirrors on trucks, since you can actually see under them. Good luck trying to see all the way up by the stock manifolds with a mirror and a car that sits about 5 inches off the ground.

  18. #18
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I know plenty of guys who have got through NJ inspection with no cats, as long as the computer isn't throwing any codes. They generally use the mirrors on trucks, since you can actually see under them. Good luck trying to see all the way up by the stock manifolds with a mirror and a car that sits about 5 inches off the ground.
    That is so true! Where you been Wesman?

  19. #19
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    That is so true! Where you been Wesman?
    Hey man, I've been around

    I ordered Stainless Longtubes, they should be here tomarrow actually.

    Any idea if you'd be able to do the exhaust in the near futute??

  20. #20
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Hey man, I've been around

    I ordered Stainless Longtubes, they should be here tomarrow actually.

    Any idea if you'd be able to do the exhaust in the near futute??
    I am not sure when. I might be consider selling the exhaust setup, cause I can not really stand long enough to hang it on the car.
    What LTHeaders did you get?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Where to get high flow cats?
    By meadowz06 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 04:01 PM
  2. high flow cats?
    By Devildog in forum External Engine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 03:10 AM
  3. High Flow Cats
    By silverado777 in forum GM Trucks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 03:50 PM
  4. Cats? No Cats? High Flow Cats??
    By lx24 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 09:11 PM
  5. High flow cats
    By GLUMAKER in forum General Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2006, 08:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •