Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am ws6

Best Headers for $$$$ BBK,HOOKER

Im fighting with myself over what to get.... Hooker super comps tuned LT for $304 or BBK LT no ceramic and not tuned but includes Y for $356. Is there a better deal???? I want good performance gains but dont want to spend all the money on the ones like slp. Do you really get alot more power from a tuned header. I want a good set up and want to do a full exhaust for 800 to 1000. Any help from the flow junkies out there. I like em loud.... dont mined a little drone but i want power im starting my build at the exhaust heads and cam will come soon. Thanks to all.... Oh ya she is a bone stock 01 ws6 had it far a few years and my A M warrenty just ran out

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am ws6

Hello is anyone a night freak like me????

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Hooker, I seem to remember either those or the mac's collectors could use some smoothing. If you are really cheap go the ebay option racing headers for $220 shipped. Noise and drone depends on your mufflers the headers just amplify that sound, drone is more a of a dual exhaust thing.

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am ws6

No ebay crap for me!!! I dont want to be that cheap. I will spend $1000 I want a good set up that im not going to want to change in a month. Does anyone know if there is a big diff in tuned lt headers and not tuned. I want power!!!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

take the time to copy and paste the ebay option racing headers and see what others think. Yah tuned gives more power just make sure they give you the handheld with the headers

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Pacesetter's. I got ceramic long tubes with an off-road y-pipe for around $450ish shipped

black
    02 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jsremmos View Post
    No ebay crap for me!!! I dont want to be that cheap. I will spend $1000 I want a good set up that im not going to want to change in a month. Does anyone know if there is a big diff in tuned lt headers and not tuned. I want power!!!
    I bought my obx headers on E-bay,which are stainless steel,come with y-pipe and high flow convertors for $500 on E-Bay.They are not crap,they still look good after 2000miles and don't leak.They are long tube headers and if you ask me are better than slps.Why pay $1000 more for the same thing!If you go with slp,probably $1500 for headers,convertors,and y-pipe and than another couple hundred for a ECM tune or oxygen sensor simulators to get rid of the ses light your are goig to get....p0420-430 convertor low efficiency.
    Last edited by importhater81; 10-31-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am ws6

not saying everything on ebay is crap i get alot of good stuff on ebay used but the ones i seen one ebay new pretty cheep. Is anyone running hooker comps? those seem to be the best so far they are tuned and coated...
    So i will have to get the new tune for them right away or will I be able to wait till i do my heads and cam swap????

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

You'll be able to wait. I ran a stock tune for a long time when I did long tubes, didn't get a tune until I did my cam swap.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    Pacesetter's. I got ceramic long tubes with an off-road y-pipe for around $450ish shipped
    I second this, if you are wanting a good budget header without feeling like you didn't get your money's worth, get Pacesetters.

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am ws6

ya i like the pacesetters too but the ones i found were not tuned... I think i made up my mined on hooker competition headers they are tune length, ceramic coated and have 3/4 inch primes i found them for $360 so have you guys heard good things about hooker or is pacesetter a better bang for the buck.... i just cant fiind them with a tuned length

white
    1999 z28

i just put on the bbk 2 weeks ago and love them.
    i got mine for $320 shipped,not bad for lt's and y pipe.
    they fit great,i slid both sides down from the top with the plugs installed.
    also doing plugs will be a snap now.
    the flange on the drivers side is about 3/4 of a inch from the floor,but i did poly motor mounts so i have no floor banging issues.
    the flange on the pass side is about 1/4 inch from the floor.
    they sit no lower than the tranny so no ground problems.
    they sound great with my magnaflow cat back,quiet at idle and sneeking around the hood late at night but hit the go peadel and they roar.
    they still look great for now no rust but time will tell.
    they also have the o2 bung in the y pipe if you need them,i am going to install a wideband there.
    they come with all hardware,flange bolts,y pipe joint clamp,and cheep gaskets,no header bolts and no catback clamp.
    i got a set of the soft metal gaskets and a 3" walker clamp for the catback joint.
    Last edited by lovedrvr; 11-02-2009 at 05:27 AM.

Silver
    2002 Camaro ss

Hey guys, Im fairly new to the forum and am also looking for a set of headers. I cant bring myself to spend $1,500 for SLPs, however i don't want a crappy set of headers and a crappy y pipe. What are my options and how much am i looking at for a decent set? I like the sounds of the BBK set that "lovedrvr" describes and I've heard good things about the Pace setters as well. Can anyone chime in and give some advice? Thanks "eh"

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am ws6

HOLLY SHIT i was just in the ebay header section on this site and everyone was talking about them.... the are ss headers for 189 shipped. i am a steel fabricator and tig welder I know how exspensive stainless is and it freakin lasts for ever.. to importhater81 ima eat my shorts you are right i dont give a damn if they fall apart in two years but they wont there stainless steel. this is un beatable

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by jsremmos View Post
    HOLLY SHIT i was just in the ebay header section on this site and everyone was talking about them.... the are ss headers for 189 shipped. i am a steel fabricator and tig welder I know how exspensive stainless is and it freakin lasts for ever.. to importhater81 ima eat my shorts you are right i dont give a damn if they fall apart in two years but they wont there stainless steel. this is un beatable
    Price is up to $220 shipped but no big deal.

black
    02 ss camaro

I went from a 13.5 e.t. to a 12.6 e.t. with the obx headers and a programmer.Not bad for the money I spent.The programmer was $300 on top of the $500 for the headers.

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

sounds good importhater. you take any emmisions test in chicago with your setup yet? or wat are your plans for that?

and to the OP also ive read into the ebay headers alot. seems like everyone on here is satisfied with em, and a lot of people are running them. im gonna play it safe and go with pacesetters though. ive always felt u get what u pay for so im gonna drop a lil extra $ on em.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by importhater81 View Post
    I went from a 13.5 e.t. to a 12.6 e.t. with the obx headers and a programmer.Not bad for the money I spent.The programmer was $300 on top of the $500 for the headers.
    Mail order tuning is much more effective than a handheld tuner, is very personalized for your particular application, and costs much less.

Click on the link in my signature or send me a PM for details.

Silver
    2002 Camaro ss

ok....i know im new here and all but when you guys say you got headers, that means you replaced the y pipe too right?...because to me it looks like the y pipe is the most restrictive part...

and as far as headers and a handheld tune netting you almost a whole second in the 1/4...is this true? Are the factory manifolds that restrictive, is there THAT MUCH to be had in the factory tune? Or is this just total B.S? Im new to the whole LSx thing, but definitely not to modding cars...no disrespect importhater81....im just trying to get the facts straight...because if this is the case, my camaro has ran a 13.1 with just an SLP lid and magnaflow cat back and i've only had it to the track twice...so if i put headers, a y pipe and get a tune....i would be looking at a low 12.0s-12.2s car?

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by mitchiels1 View Post
    ok....i know im new here and all but when you guys say you got headers, that means you replaced the y pipe too right?...because to me it looks like the y pipe is the most restrictive part...

and as far as headers and a handheld tune netting you almost a whole second in the 1/4...is this true? Are the factory manifolds that restrictive, is there THAT MUCH to be had in the factory tune? Or is this just total B.S? Im new to the whole LSx thing, but definitely not to modding cars...no disrespect importhater81....im just trying to get the facts straight...because if this is the case, my camaro has ran a 13.1 with just an SLP lid and magnaflow cat back and i've only had it to the track twice...so if i put headers, a y pipe and get a tune....i would be looking at a low 12.0s-12.2s car?
    Ummmmmmmmmmm.....NO. lol It takes a little more than just headers to put your car in the low 12's.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information