best free flowing exhaust

This is a discussion on best free flowing exhaust within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; i am wondering what the best free flowing LEGAL exhaust is..i know in ga you dont have to have cats, ...

black
    99 formula firebird

best free flowing exhaust

i am wondering what the best free flowing LEGAL exhaust is..i know in ga you dont have to have cats, converters etc..but other states its mandatory..anyways i want to run a true dual x pipe w/ dumps...muffler? or no muffler? brand? size?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Texas Speed Rumbler X True Duals
    Texas Speed Rumbler X True Duals Exhaust System For 98+ Long Tube LS1 Cars; NOW IN STOCK!

The Red Reaper 98Z28importslayer's Avatar

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 T-Top A4

true duals with a X or H pipe is the most flowing and will produce the most hp, the next thing would just weld in pipe in place of the muffler, its the cheapest exhaust and you get the most hp without having to make huge change in your exhaust.

black
    99 formula firebird

any idea on how much this costs? i would love some Pacesetter LT's but righ tnow i have my SLP LT's and a LDMTH 1 exhaust..looking for TD's

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 T-Top A4

Quote Originally Posted by QtrWhore View Post
    any idea on how much this costs? i would love some Pacesetter LT's but righ tnow i have my SLP LT's and a LDMTH 1 exhaust..looking for TD's
    Its $440 from texas speed, i heard that it fits really well and its texas speed so you know your getting good high quality stuff.

Red
    02 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

i know from experience that setup is RASPY

2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

I have Pacesetters LT, Cats removed and TSP True Duals with x pipe and sweet thunder mufflers turned down before the rear end. It sounds great and very loud.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

i enjoyed my TSP TD w/ dyno max dumped , but clearance was a huge issue so had to go back to CB. Is ok though, no running a custom catted y into GMMG with QTP e cutout.. Love it quiet when I wanna be and loud as hell at the flick of a switch

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Right now I have true duels on stock headers but it goes straight without an an H or X pipe. but then I have to seperate mufflers.
    I am about to get hooker headers, should I change the piping to an X or H pipe?

Black
    98 SS

i am wondering what the best free flowing LEGAL exhaust is..i know in ga you dont have to have cats, converters etc..but other states its mandatory..anyways i want to run a true dual x pipe w/ dumps...muffler? or no muffler? brand? size?
    I looked at the Texas dumped system and the Bassani true dual with X pipe and after hearing a few cars and weighing the large price difference (Bassani = $775ish for aluminum and $950ish for stainless...at the time) and I chose the Bassani. Not only is the fit and finish awesome but I love the sound and the fact that I'm not dumping all that exhaust, heat, smell, and loudness under my butt (passengers will love you) I got rid of the cats too and it's not obnoxiously loud and raspy like the some of the dumped systems are. The Bassani makes great power and sounds awesome but the price is just a little too steep. thats my .02

jeff

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

Quote Originally Posted by QKSLVR View Post
    i enjoyed my TSP TD w/ dyno max dumped , but clearance was a huge issue so had to go back to CB. Is ok though, no running a custom catted y into GMMG with QTP e cutout.. Love it quiet when I wanna be and loud as hell at the flick of a switch
    clearance is because of poor instalation. i was looking into these at one point and many people have no clearance problems at all and it is tucked up well in pics. others, it is low as crap.

my vote is texas speed + longtubes as far as performance & price goes.

black
    99 formula firebird

looking to get rid of my SLP lt's and loudmouth..i love the sound but the gdang slps hang way to freaking low...and w/ the drop springs in the formula the exxaust is too low for my liking...

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 T-Top A4

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Psychosis View Post
    clearance is because of poor instalation. i was looking into these at one point and many people have no clearance problems at all and it is tucked up well in pics. others, it is low as crap.

my vote is texas speed + longtubes as far as performance & price goes.
    +1 on TSP's true dual setup and LT's if you cant afford the true duals just get a cutout and put it after your Y pipe. Its a great investment for $40-$50

black
    99 formula firebird

i just didnt want to have to spend another $800 on a damn exhaust pkg..the freakin SLPs were more than i want to admit...but i know the pacesetter headers and TD set up is going to run me about $800 ish give or take...

Thread Information