Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Best Cat-Back System?

This is a discussion on Best Cat-Back System? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Wow I have no clue you would need to find someone who is much better at math than I am. ...

White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

Wow I have no clue you would need to find someone who is much better at math than I am. I missed the part about the A4 I have a M6 and my cusing rpm on the freeway is quite low I think at 80 I am about 1700rpm. Sorry, you may be 100% right but I realy have no clue where you sould be with a 4 speed auto.

slp loudmouth or borla both sound great and give very good power gains. loudmouth is a little cheaper so its up to you.

Rob
    D'Agostino Racing.Com
    954-583-8884
    877-DRI-POWER
    Specializing in Late Model GM and Ford Sports Cars

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

I was really asking someone to back me up on that because that is what I run with my car in overdrive and I am not 100% certain I have 3.42's. By the rpm's that is what the car has but it doesn't match the rpo codes. I am jealous, with my new converter (3000 Vilgiante) my engine never see anything below 2500 rpm unless I am stopped at a red light.

Black
    98 Z/28

I have the Magnaflow on a stock motor.... Is a nice sounding exhaust.especially at WOT.... Problem is I don't want to have to go WOT to hear my exhaust. My new loudmouth will be delivered Wed. and the Magnaflow is already sold.... Life is good!!!!!! Have never heard it.... But think the Magnaflow would be a wonderful sounding exhaust with headers!!!!

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Man
    I have the Magnaflow on a stock motor.... Is a nice sounding exhaust.especially at WOT.... Problem is I don't want to have to go WOT to hear my exhaust. My new loudmouth will be delivered Wed. and the Magnaflow is already sold.... Life is good!!!!!! Have never heard it.... But think the Magnaflow would be a wonderful sounding exhaust with headers!!!!

I had the SAME issue, Magnaflow sounds GREAT, but I wanted a little bit louder, I'm selling my Magnaflow btw,...it has only 1200 miles on it...New it cost 450 so with close to 1000 miles i dunno, i'll take a reasonable offer...

Snake Eater
    I'd recommend a magnaflow, cheap and affordable, and flows great. Like most said it's quiet, but has a nice WOT tone. Once you get headers though, the cb will really wake up--sound wise.

silver
    2000 ss camaro

Talking

I live in ca. I had the slp w/the dual dual w/cme sounded pretty good also running w/edelbrock shortie headers. I just installed the GMMG w/the cme it sounds bad ass. luv that muscle car sound.

Bright Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Hooker Aerochamber CB gets my vote.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

loudmouth all the way. ihave it on my TA. Sounds awesome.

red
    98 Z28

corsa it sounds so mean and nasty at wot a little pricey but worth it if u are looking at buying borla some price category. have a listen http://www.corsaperf.com/cfflash.html

Junior Member LIVINGTHEDREAMLIFE's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS6 Prod #115

I Run A 4" Mufflex Cat Back With Hooker Long Tube Headers... There Not As Common As Lets Say, Borla But Man Do They Sound Good, And What An Improvement In Hp!!!!

Thanks For Your Time,
    Chris

Snake Eater
    i'd also recommend corsa if you've got the money. nothing crazy loud, but a great refined tone.

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

I got my Corsa for $619, a lot cheaper than other brands and a whole lot cheaper that other sources. I don't know the forum rules about going against sponserships but if you want to know where to find it that cheap pm me. I do have to disagree with snake eater, the Corsa sound is very near an open cutout sound which is the opposite of refined. On the plus side, it really has no drone or interior resonance while criusing between 1500-2000 rpms. Depending on whether you have an A4 or M6, that is anywhere between 50 and 75 mphs.

Snake Eater
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist
    I do have to disagree with snake eater, the Corsa sound is very near an open cutout sound which is the opposite of refined.
    Mine sounds nothing like an open cutout. Maybe it's because I've got forced induction too. who knows..

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

It may have something to do with cats if you have them. I don't! I could see how cats would cut down on the "popping" that happens at ~3000 rpms at half throttle.

Snake Eater

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

corsa sport exhaust. love mine

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by 99M6Z28
    I am pretty fond of my Borla. I like it cause with the long tubes it sounds bad ass and then if ne and the old lady have to take a road trip in my car I can cap it off and sound almost stock. Then she wont bitch too much!
    Borla's the best!

Maroon
    2001 Trans AM Conv

Originally Posted by 99M6Z28
    I am pretty fond of my Borla. I like it cause with the long tubes it sounds bad ass and then if ne and the old lady have to take a road trip in my car I can cap it off and sound almost stock. Then she wont bitch too much!

What do you mean by capping it off? I'm looking for a cat back for my t/a, but still can't decide between Borla, Corsa, or Magnaflows.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information