Best bolt ons for an 02 formula

hey guys, i was on here looking for a "list" per-say of the best bolts on to do in order. Or what good maintenance should be done before i move on to bolt ons?
    02 forumula, Ttops, LS1, 21,xxxmiles on her shes got a couple passes down the 1/4mile from me. Killed every mustang i ran against inlcuding a supercharged one. She ran low low 13s alll day. But anywayss lol Thanks Guys/and girls?!

Medium Red Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

sub frame connectors, lid, plug wires, LT headers, ORY.
    2000 Z28 M6 125,XXX: SLP lid, K&N, 10.4mm Taylor plug wires, Frost Tune, P&P TB, NGK Iridium plugs, Magnaflow Cat back, BMR SFC's and tower brace, TSP LT's and ORY, LS6 intake, MAC Girdle, UMI LCA's and Panhard, LS7 Clutch Kit, so far..

black
    1998 trans am

what was said above is a great start. let us know what you decide on doing,.

Thanks,
    Mark

KYSpeed.com | FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING | PRICE MATCH | EMAIL

Kook's | American Racing Headers | Vararam | HallTech | Textralia | SPEC | McLeod | Raptor | Trick Flow | AFR | ECS
    | FAST | APS | TTi | Procharger | RPM Transmission | Comp | DMH | HP Tuners | PFADT | SLP | STS

Alright sounds good. I appreciate it, i havent posted up any pics or nothing yet, reason being its stock.
    Bright red, leather, ttops, etc etc nothing to fanccy. i have a strut brace tho! lol

What kind of plug wires? and is it true to do a tune up that you need to pull the motor to get to the last couple plugs/coils?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

no. There not THAT hard to get to.

black
    1998 trans am

no you can get the fine (well maybe a few scrapes).

For a stock engine go with NGK TRR55 plugs and the most common wires are MSD in red or black.

http://kentucky-speed.com/9802-fbody...a2b44e55791b52

there is a link to them.

Thanks,
    Mark

those plugs are only 3 bucks a piece? ! hmm sounds good to me, Changing those coils scare me. Alot of ppl here go with the MSD coils?

I dont plan on getting to crazy with the car right now, i have 2 other projects going on and im in school, but does anyone make a good muffler for these cars? ive always like magnaflow, but let me know.. thanks
    Last edited by sasquatch094; 02-11-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

You dont want to change the actual coil's. These stock coils are great, and with the very short plug wires, they perform awesome. MSD coils have actually had quite a few failures if I remember right. At 800 a set, forget about it.

Magnaflow sounds good at a decent price. Check out LS1sounds.com
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

cool thanks for the link. My 95 tahoe drained all my money right now and im barley getting through school (paying for food and what not)

Im debating to get a tune for her in a month of 2. I posted up a new thread about Blackbear tuning, but it seems like no one has any idea what it is

black
    1998 trans am

ok just let me know if we can help. the exhausts from magnaflow are good also.

exhausts are like colors everyone has different tastes. I can help with most brands just let me know. I run Borla on mine with Pacesetter long tubes and a ORY.

Thanks,
    Mark

black
    1998 trans am

Blackbear i have heard of them. I just got into the truck world some more.

Mark

Be honest here on this question. lol

Alright, so if you know who Blackbear is and know they come around to your area about once a year maybe once every 2 years, its a full on dyno tune. they charge 250 bucks a tune and thats a lifetime tune, so say if you get an intake and headers AFTER the tune, they send you out a new computer then its basically plug and play ya know. Do you think i would get a lot out of a tune from a stock car?

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch094 View Post
    Alright sounds good. I appreciate it, i havent posted up any pics or nothing yet, reason being its stock.
    Bright red, leather, ttops, etc etc nothing to fanccy. i have a strut brace tho! lol

What kind of plug wires? and is it true to do a tune up that you need to pull the motor to get to the last couple plugs/coils?
    no, you def dont have to pull the motor! stanley makes a really good adjustable stubby ratchet wrench that will do wonders with this job. the drivers side is a breeze and the first 3 (front to back) on the pass side arnt too bad, even easier in 01 and 02 cars. now for the last one on the pass side u may want to invest in a friend with long skinny arms, unless ofcouse u have em, and is easiest from underneath the car. its already been said but def go with the ngk tr55 plugs, msd wires and stock coils. good luck with it

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Be honest here on this question. lol

Alright, so if you know who Blackbear is and know they come around to your area about once a year maybe once every 2 years, its a full on dyno tune. they charge 250 bucks a tune and thats a lifetime tune, so say if you get an intake and headers AFTER the tune, they send you out a new computer then its basically plug and play ya know. Do you think i would get a lot out of a tune from a stock car?
    i have personally seen guys pick up some really good numbers with only a tune but tune plus mods will see the best gains

black
    1998 trans am

I have no dealing with them just know that they tune alot of trucks. If you are wanting a mail order tune go with TUNED BY FROST he is a sponsor on her.

Thanks,
    Mark

http://www.ls1.com/phpadsnew/adclick...nedbyFrost.com

I may end up going with blackbear (im not putting frost down or anything here) but ive known blackbear longer ya know. ill deff put up results and what not. Should i shoot for getting those plugs and wires in before the tune? the car runs like a champ right now, but idk lol it would probably be wise wouldnt it?

black
    1998 trans am

yeah always get a tune with fresh plugs at least.

Thanks,
    Mark

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

If your car is a automatic, get a stall converter in the 3000-3500 rpm range
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

what brand stalls? Is yank good?

Also when doing cams, do you need other mods with that? Like im sure these heads are good, but any mods needed to support the cam?

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

what brand stalls? Is yank good?

Also when doing cams, do you need other mods with that? Like im sure these heads are good, but any mods needed to support the cam?
    Yank is a good brand yes. I have a TCI 3000 RPM Streetfighter stall and just love it. You honestly cant tell that my car is stalled.
    When doing a cam swap you will need up upgrade the valvetrain, get a ported ls6 oil pump and also a LS2 timing chain.
    Youll also need some semi stick street tires like nitto or bfg

Thread Information