Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

bbk ssi intake manifold ?

This is a discussion on bbk ssi intake manifold ? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by mark21742 you could go a step further and have it metalic powdercoated, polished and chromed sounds like ...

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    you could go a step further and have it metalic powdercoated, polished and chromed
    sounds like a plan.

black w/ ghost stripes
    02 ws6

Heat soak is a bunch of crap, idk who started complaining about it on the internet, but too many people believe what they read. the plastic intake will cool down faster, BUT, where is heatsoak going to hurt you? a 210 degree motor is going to have the same intake temps whether its aluminum or plastic. Heatsoak is a problem with carb'd apps.

Both intakes flow good. Personally i've had both and they both perform well. BBK will outflow the LS6, but not by much. Also, its got lots of room for porting. You use factory GM gaskets with the BBK intake which is also a BIG plus+. When it comes to a nitrous backfire....i know which intake i would rather have on my engine.

I ran this on my LS1 S10 and had no regrets. It looks cool, performs well, and the price is definitly affordable compared to a fast. Also, you can run either a stock T/B. or upgrade to an 85mm unlike the ls6 which would require an adapter.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by andrew69_04 View Post
    Heat soak is a bunch of crap, idk who started complaining about it on the internet, but too many people believe what they read. the plastic intake will cool down faster, BUT, where is heatsoak going to hurt you? a 210 degree motor is going to have the same intake temps whether its aluminum or plastic. Heatsoak is a problem with carb'd apps.

Both intakes flow good. Personally i've had both and they both perform well. BBK will outflow the LS6, but not by much. Also, its got lots of room for porting. You use factory GM gaskets with the BBK intake which is also a BIG plus+. When it comes to a nitrous backfire....i know which intake i would rather have on my engine.

I ran this on my LS1 S10 and had no regrets. It looks cool, performs well, and the price is definitly affordable compared to a fast. Also, you can run either a stock T/B. or upgrade to an 85mm unlike the ls6 which would require an adapter.
    so I should look at heat soak just like the suppossed globel warming scare?.....I guess it all comes down to what your using the car for, drive and play, or all out race car where every tenth of a hp matters.
    Id still like to see some one (not tied to an intake company) do a side by side(or should I say a one after the other) comparo on the same engine, with just an intake swap....dyno numbers, and real track numbers to put this to question to bed with facts once and for all

Quicksilver Metallic
    2004 GTO

Thumbs up

on a side note, i was looking at the weiand street warrior on speed inc and saw that it will be offered in a shiny chrome-like finish. i guess thats good if you dig the look of the metal intakes but want composite.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Heat soak might be more prevelant as opposed to the composite manifolds, but I dont think its gonna be enough of an issue where a guy shouldnt buy a metal intake that is a great deal. That BBK SSI flows more then an ls6 intake does, and you can shoot nitrous through it and if you get a backfire, not worry about blowing apart your intake. Yes the LS motors were designed with composite intakes for their benefits, but there are plenty of high performance engines with metal intakes that make plenty of power.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information