Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

BBK SSi Intake or LS6 Intake?

This is a discussion on BBK SSi Intake or LS6 Intake? within the External Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Run the ls6 imo. From what ive seen the ssi intake makes less power than an ls6. Unless you just ...

Humboldt County

2000 z/28

Run the ls6 imo. From what ive seen the ssi intake makes less power than an ls6. Unless you just want a shiny engine bay.

detroit michigan

2000 bmw

There are many fine cold air intake systems, available in the market. But one of the most superior quality cold air intake systems is certainly the K&n cold air intake. K&n cold air intake systems are very high performance systems, which deliver more cool air to the engine, than any normal intake system. k&n air filters
    I read most guys use K&N

1999 Trans Am M6

what is an OPSU?

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    EGR inlet tubes on the exhaust manifold will need to be capped if you do not get headers right away. Removal of EGR and Air Pump cost nothing but time. I also pulled the fuse to the Air Pump.

Installing the Intake can be done in a couple of hrs (just the Intake, if you do the below items then it will take an afternoon for a beginner).

I'd wait for a tune until you get headers if you have plans too. If you do just the Intake and TB no need for one till then.

EGR Cap Plates
    - $ 15
    LS6 Intake - $300, got mine new from craigslist
    P&P TB - $100 S2 Performance, should be new $150 but the same seller sold both the Intake and TB together so I go a discount price if I got both.
    OPSU - $55 - This you may have to have on hand, it becomes brittle of the lifetime of heat cycles and most 1st timers that remove the Intake break it. It is located behind the Intake on the drivers side. And yes I did break it too even after Orion warned me.
    Tune - $150, I got mine from Frost

Options while doing an Intake change:
    LS6 Valley Cover Tray Mod (this deletes the crappy pcv system on the LS1s) $58
    99'-02' Knock Sensors and Wire Harness upgrade for LS1's yrs > 98's - KS $ 34 x 2, WH $37
    Catch Can - $70 - $220, depends on where you get it and how it's setup.

I also painted mine to my body color, spent $30 for adhesion promoter, primer, color, and clear

Recommend doing these because you will have to take the Intake off IOT do these later (-) the catch can.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Oil Pressure sending unit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information