Bassani TD owners...

I have the Dynatech supermaxx system and i'm thinking of ditching my y-pipe and going with the bassani td. what exactly do i need to do to connect the td up with my dynatech longtubes? i got an 8" off road pipe bolted on to each of my headers. i was hopeing i could just cut the duels back a little and expand the ends to fit over the off road pipes and clamp them. would i be able to do this with this td system?
    01 SS A4 3.23-LID-CAI-LTS-ORY-CB-STALL-TUNED-326rwh,335rwt
    60'-1.666, 1/4-11.918@112.83MPH

still wondering.......any helpull info would be great.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Its entirely possible, you just need to do some cutting/welding in order to mate the Bassani pipes up to your longtubes.

A few guys on here have done it, they might be able to give you the details on what exactly has to be done.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

www.stealthram.com/dynatech.htm what i had to do to get mine to mate up.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

hey mrr where ya been all my life? it looks like you got the blueprint for my life plans right there. good pics and info. it looks like i wouldnt have to add anything to the bassani because of my 8" off road pipes coming off my headers. which means i'll only be cutting. does this system have to be welded? i was hoping i could just cut the ends to length,expand,slip over my or pipes, and clamp.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

the system is a complete bolt on with band clamps. no welding required, except where you'll be cutting back on the bassani to line up with the dynatech headers. the 2.5" pipe will not expand far enough to slip over. that's why you see a small piece of pipe 3" pipe use to make the connection. what the exhaust guy did was expand the 3" piece to fit over the header and then expand the bassani pipe to fit inside the 3" piece of pipe and weld them together. it slips off the header. he tried taking a piece of 2.5" pipe and expand it to fit over the 3" collectors. he was almost there. the last tiny bit of expanding is when it split.

my off road pipes that i'm talking about already reduce down to 2.5 so expanding the bassani to go over should be cake. cutting the stainles part is what i fear. thanks a ton for the info. your exhaust looks like a nice well done job too. i'll try to take some pics when i do mine. thanks again

Thread Information